Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR-640 Printing Pink

Discussion in 'Roland' started by prosigner, Jun 18, 2013.

1. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Hey everyone,

So we have an XR-640 that is printing pinkish hues on any grays. Is this a damper issue?

Would appreciate any help! :smile:

Thanks,

prosigner

Tags:
  2. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Not knowing your specific printer, and assuming it is profiled or at least has canned profiles...I would say it just needs a thorough cleaning.

My 1 cent

3. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Providing all your nozzles are firing correctly, which you should check with a nozzle check, profiles is my bet.

4. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    +1

If your test print is good, then it's your profile/s.

5. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Thanks for the advice guys, much obliged! We have been running nozzle tests and everything has been looking good.

We have been noting this on multiple media.. we get our profiles from our distributor but we haven't updated them in a few months. Should we just be looking for updated profiles, or looking for custom profiles, or modifying them to remove some of the magenta?

Thanks in advance,

prosigner

6. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    If you are wanting the best colors possible from your printer, you will need to do a custom profile using the correct equipment to do so, such as an i1 pro 2. If you are using canned profiles, and have no other choice, then I would try using a different one to see if the color improves. I am assuming you are using versaworks?

7. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    so far we have been able to use the roland/versaworks supplied profiles with no issues

8. Spongebob

Spongebob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Check the room temp 22 - 25 C degree
    Humidity 50 - 55 %
    Damper

9. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

What specific type of material are you noticing this with? Try to match a Roland provided profile to your media and see if there is a difference.

What inkset are you using and what color set? OEM EcoSol Maxx2 CMYK(x2), CMYKLcLmLk, CMYKLcLmWhMt ?

Are you sure the supplier is profiling based off the exact same ink setup as yours?