• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR-640 Printing Pink

prosigner

Hey everyone,

So we have an XR-640 that is printing pinkish hues on any grays. Is this a damper issue?

Would appreciate any help! :smile:

Thanks,

prosigner

Not knowing your specific printer, and assuming it is profiled or at least has canned profiles...I would say it just needs a thorough cleaning.

My 1 cent

prosigner

Thanks for the advice guys, much obliged! We have been running nozzle tests and everything has been looking good.

We have been noting this on multiple media.. we get our profiles from our distributor but we haven't updated them in a few months. Should we just be looking for updated profiles, or looking for custom profiles, or modifying them to remove some of the magenta?

Thanks in advance,

prosigner

If you are wanting the best colors possible from your printer, you will need to do a custom profile using the correct equipment to do so, such as an i1 pro 2. If you are using canned profiles, and have no other choice, then I would try using a different one to see if the color improves. I am assuming you are using versaworks?

CS-SignSupply

What specific type of material are you noticing this with? Try to match a Roland provided profile to your media and see if there is a difference.

What inkset are you using and what color set? OEM EcoSol Maxx2 CMYK(x2), CMYKLcLmLk, CMYKLcLmWhMt ?

Are you sure the supplier is profiling based off the exact same ink setup as yours?