Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow shadow on prints Mimaki JV3

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by tooserious, Sep 6, 2013.

1. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Hello I need help if you guys can! I have a yellow shadow on my prints. It is most noticeable on black??? It seems like it is off to the front and right of the machine facing(just like a drop shadow.....any suggestions???? Thank you Dennis

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. thesignguy1986

thesignguy1986 Member

Oct 23, 2006
    76 E. Market
    I had the same problem on my JV3 130 SPII awhile back and I tried doing a clean and everything and nothing helped so I ended up flushing the lines and it took care of it. Not sure why it did that but it was like my lines were getting mixed somehow. Regardless same problem here and it is most noticeable on black and if you print solid red it will prob be real faint and there as well. Just what I did

3. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    All Lines???

Just the yellow lines or all lines...How did you flush them??? Thank you

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    kinda looks like your yellow head is misaligned

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    +1 on misaligned head. It is hard to tell from the picture if the yellow shadow is crisp or fuzzy. If it is crisp, it is 100% alignment issue. If it is fuzzy, it could be electrical issues or deflected nozzles.

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I was getting the same thing on my JV3 but only it was showing red, do a 30 minute head wash and it should go away, mine did

7. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Reset all values to factory and the yellow moved........

I reset values to factory and as I feared it is all out of whack!!!! Does anyone have an English version of doing the adjustments...not the manual it is a bad translation!!!! Why won't Japanese and Asian countries get help with translations??????

8. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    It was crisp!!!!!

Crisp yellow line

9. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Thank you ALL!!

IM BACK IN BLACK.....so what the heck my yellow lines up with the rest yea Im back...ya Im back......Back in Black.......guitar........

Attached Files:

10. barginboy05

barginboy05 New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    same issue

we are having the same issue, how did you resovle in the end? cheers

11. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have seen this on my machine the odd time..but never enough that anyone outside of me would see it.

I have had issues with my yellow head for some time, but again, not enough to have to throw any $$$ at it, and I give it a nozzle wash twice a week and a good cleaning 2 or 3 times a week