• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yes, people are really like that...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well laugh to yourself. No need to mock others.
I feel bad for you that you need to put others down and try to intimidate others to make you feel good about yourself.

I'm done responding on this. Keep your low comments of me to yourself, thank you.

Okay, I get it. you're upset, but nowhere is anyone making fun of you.... at least not me. I'm making fun of the numskull who thinks something like this could cost $32 bucks.

High school boys & girl things has nothing to do with this. That was all childish and this is business. Let's hope y'all grew up and know the difference. The two do not mix, unless you want it to.

Marlene

Okay, I get it. you're upset, but nowhere is anyone making fun of you.... at least not me. I'm making fun of the numskull who thinks something like this could cost $32 bucks.

High school boys & girl things has nothing to do with this. That was all childish and this is business. Let's hope y'all grew up and know the difference. The two do not mix, unless you want it to.

I got it and agree that anyone who might have thought the OP said $32.50 for a wrap is pretty stupid and worse yet, the person wanted a discount on the $32.50. No need to go off on each other like some have. We all get these kinds of customers and this is our safe place to b*tch about it.

KMC

Graphic Artist
I'm sorry....is that supposed to be sarcasm??? I'm not saying the customer is right, but I'm just saying that how certain things are verbalized can be taken different ways. That maybe could have been the misunderstanding. I'm just stating an observation in verbal wording and where the confusion could have been from the customer.

I have enough experience to know what I'm doing most of the time, but some things are still new to me. No need to insult me if that's where you were going with that comment.

Nope its not sarcasm or an insult, it made me chuckle as we all went through it when we first started out having to over explain crap to customers and now its getting to a point we need to gift them toasters for their bath tubs

Pat Whatley

Could you have instead said "Three thousand two hundred fifty, before tax," versus "thirty two fifty" - that could have been the misunderstanding when he thought it was $32.50 rather than $3,250 plus tax.
That's exactly what happened. When I told him $32.50 wasn't even going to cover the prep his first response was "We'll wash it before we bring it in." All I could do was laugh and get him off the phone after that.

fresh

i've got a good one from yesterday!!

13' box truck with 70% cut-vinyl coverage that needs to be removed, and one color cut vinyl that will replace it. I quoted 300-500 for the vinyl removal, and $850 for the new lettering. (which is CHEAP imo!!)

they came back with "Can't you just cover it with white vinyl?" Sure buddy, the wrap will be $3K.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
The next few minutes were him trying to understand why the wrap wasn't "$32.50" like I'd told him at the beginning of the call.
  1. Only one reply: Yeah right.
  2. Only one grunt: GET OUTTA HERE ARG!!!
  3. Only one question: You truly think our hard work is worth $32 American dollars and 50 cents?
  4. Only one retort: Yeah - you don't qualify for the senior citizen discount.

Excuse the audacity - but WOW!
Kinda tells you what prospective clients think of the stellar service you offer :mad:

SignsSupport