• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

you can hate me now....

I love to take it on the chin if needed. We have gotten some bad feed back on service over the past couple of days... which due to our 08' growth is expected

The only way to fix is to expose the issues. We need to decide it the Signs101 click is working. As always thanks for the work most of you are awesome to work with and I have a vested interest in working with and establishing working relationships with the trade. Who would not...

Please let me know both the good and bad , If we dropped the bag get at me, If you made a ton of margin from our services get at me.

We have a very defined strategy for 2008 and your input is greatly appreciated.

cdiesel

Good job, Mike! A lot of vendors don't like to hear the bad, and others have actually become irate after seeing some negative posts. This shows Merritt's accountability.

D

DARLAK

mike you pulled that last one out for me. it worked out great. i'd post a picture, but i don't want the competition seeing what and how i did it!!!

and as far as artwork problems as mentioned with a different MM here recently, your art dept checked in with me promptly. no color issues whatsoever and most importantly, they all lined up!!

Even though you did not return any of my phone calls, I would agree with everybody here, and dont listen to the irate ones... So few, for you to drop the accounts you COULD be picking up from this great forum. I look forward to working with you and your company in the near future. Your pricing is great! If I could only get ahold of you :) I know your busy... Do you have another secondary contact?

flisk

I'm happy with the prices. I had a small snag on that first order, but it was something I should have re-confirmed (in regards to the shipping charge). In the end you had everything fixed and I'm definatly a returning customer because of it.

I understand that you guys are super-mega-ultra busy, but yet you still manage to get orders out in a very timely way.

I'd not have placed an order with you this past monday if I was unhappy with you. I would not be placing another order with you today if I was unhappy.

You won't be able to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I see your newest "hater" (the guy going on about that nonsens in regards to that 3m warranty) is no longer a member here.

Let him be just that 1 example of how you cannot please 100%, 100% of the time.

high impact

What happened to that "other" thread with mkspl? Did it get deleted?

I thought Merritt handled himself very well...actually makes me think even more highly of Mike. He kept very professional. That other guy proved his lack of character very quickly. Almost sounded like a disgruntled ex employee.

cptcorn

adad
...don't listen to the few critical people.

I wouldn't say that... How the hell is Merritt supposed to better themselves if they ignore their flaws...

We've had our hiccups with a couple orders, but nothing that couldn't be taken care of. I think the only thing I can suggest is to give updates on jobs that are running out more than a week, keep that line of communication open.

Sometimes I don't know when something ships or when to expect it and I have a client demanding answers when I have none. I hate sending those emails out asking for updates I feel like a jackass. By no means do I get pissed off or anything of the sort though. So that's about all I have to suggest. I know how stuff gets though then its busy. Maybe just shoot an email saying somethings shipped or something like that. Maybe that's all that's needed.

I will say however, the quality of the product from Merritt is outstanding! I'm very confident that the finished product I get will be great.

I don't stop production to fit a job in, and I don't expect anyone else to do the same...

Thanks Mike!

Alex

high impact

I guess i need to define and place that statement in context...don't listen to "the critics". I was solely referring to people who think that they would and could always do better and yet never seem to be able to compete at your (or my) level. I can ask Mike to do things a little better or a little differently from my point of view without being critical. Have you ever heard the statistical rate of unsatisfied customers even when your service is above par? Those are the ones you ignore - the "few" - not the majority.

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism that drives us to excel. The problem, more often then not, is a critic who has nothing nice to say but is just trying to bust your (others) chops or create their selfish desired drama and attention to themselves.

WVB

Mike,

We had a rough start... A bit of miscommunication, things were printed that were not suppose to etc. The thing that urked me the most was with Becky (I believe that was her name) I had spoken with her verbally about the aspects of the job. Whether she forgot, did not write it down, what have you, we never received a simple sorry from her. She would refused to admit fault. I could go on, but I will not as it is done and over with. However, you made it right, printed out a new piece and the price was down right excellent..! The quality of the print was very nice, but I don't think you used optically clear over lam with our perforated vinyl as it was hazy. The client never complained and has recommended others to us.

I think something that would be of a big advantage to you would be the addition of contour cutting for sure...

Over all I am pleased with your company and will try you again in the future. Especially since signs365 no longer offers the signs101 discount...

Best of luck to you Mike,
-Will

Pat Whatley

Mike,
First of all, your production times and print quality have always been outstanding and that's really the most important part to me. There are a few things you could do better, in my opinion, and since you asked...

Communication has been an issue every time I've made an order with you. Sometimes it takes days to hear back from anybody.

Not sending receipts is also a pain. I can understand keeping them seperated to eliminate any chance of them ending up in a subcontracted order but when I have to call and beg (and call and beg, and call and beg) for one every time it gets really old.

Calling the line on your proofs that you fold the banner on the "hem" line is also confusing...and that confusion has been costly.

But again, not really complaints, they're just suggestions. Hopefully we'll have our usual Fall run on bulk banner orders and I can send you a couple of piles to do for us.

Mike,

We had a rough start... A bit of miscommunication, things were printed that were not suppose to etc. The thing that urked me the most was with Becky (I believe that was her name) I had spoken with her verbally about the aspects of the job. Whether she forgot, did not write it down, what have you, we never received a simple sorry from her. She would refused to admit fault. I could go on, but I will not as it is done and over with. However, you made it right, printed out a new piece and the price was down right excellent..! The quality of the print was very nice, but I don't think you used optically clear over lam with our perforated vinyl as it was hazy. The client never complained and has recommended others to us.

I think something that would be of a big advantage to you would be the addition of contour cutting for sure...

Over all I am pleased with your company and will try you again in the future. Especially since signs365 no longer offers the signs101 discount...

Best of luck to you Mike,
-Will

Not sure who you dealt with I have no Becky that works for me. I need to know who you worked with Amy,Erin, Lisa or Heather. So I can address the proper party.

As far as window perf not sure about the haze. We have used the same combo of Ultraflex Ultraview with Plastilam window lam for years with no issues.

We do have Contour Cutter a Zund L3000 Digital Die cut system. 72" wide and cuts any substrate and medias up to 2" thick.You cannot do any real production with out it.

As well as a couple of Mimaki cg 130's.

Thanks for the input.

Mike,
First of all, your production times and print quality have always been outstanding and that's really the most important part to me. There are a few things you could do better, in my opinion, and since you asked...

Communication has been an issue every time I've made an order with you. Sometimes it takes days to hear back from anybody.

Not sending receipts is also a pain. I can understand keeping them seperated to eliminate any chance of them ending up in a subcontracted order but when I have to call and beg (and call and beg, and call and beg) for one every time it gets really old.

Calling the line on your proofs that you fold the banner on the "hem" line is also confusing...and that confusion has been costly.

But again, not really complaints, they're just suggestions. Hopefully we'll have our usual Fall run on bulk banner orders and I can send you a couple of piles to do for us.

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on the automation of Cash Sales(C.O.D) credit card.

Our accounting system only generates mailable invoices to clients with accounts and terms which is about 95% of our customer base

Our Controller is updating a module to our Navasion system to allow for Ship out COD's to have mailed invoices as like the clients with terms.

I also have one of my pre press techs working on a new file setup overview that will clearly outline all steps of setting up files for all of our output machines and products.

As you know its all a working progress.

Thanks for the business.

Best

-M

WVB

You know I don't remember what her name was. I can tell you it was for a graphic that was for Bell helicopter with an Osprey V-22 and two other Bell helicopters on each side...

Like I said its done and over with now... But I do have pictures of the perf. for examples in this thread #5 here on signs101. I am glad you have the ability to do contour cutting, as I need to get some prints w/ contour cuts. Last time I asked I was informed you did not have the ability to do so. Wonderful to know..! I will get with you soon about it as it will be for our storefront windows...

Not sure who you dealt with I have no Becky that works for me. I need to know who you worked with Amy,Erin, Lisa or Heather. So I can address the proper party.

As far as window perf not sure about the haze. We have used the same combo of Ultraflex Ultraview with Plastilam window lam for years with no issues.

We do have Contour Cutter a Zund L3000 Digital Die cut system. 72" wide and cuts any substrate and medias up to 2" thick.You cannot do any real production with out it.

As well as a couple of Mimaki cg 130's.

Thanks for the input.