• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You can kiss your T-mobile plan goodbye...

petesign

I guess AT&T figured - if you can't beat em, buy em.. and then make their customers pay your high rates..

Sucks. I like my hacked iphone on t-mobile just fine..

J

john1

lol t-blowbile wasn't good at all anyway. Not around here anyway.

Border

Hopefully, the grandfathered T-Mobile plans with the jailbroken iphones will remain fine...but I'm very skeptical, for sure.

Heavy sigh

SignosaurusRex

T-Mobile for me was as useless as tits on a boar. I can't imagine that they are worth the 39 B that AT&T is gonna pay. The majority of T-Mobile's work force will be out of a job once the acquisition transition takes place.

CheapVehicleWrap

I LOVE VIRGINS deal. $60 unlimited everything, usable samsung V. Never had a virgin cough cough but know several who do. Best bang for the buck.

WildWestDesigns

T-Mobile was never any good around here either. I knew one guy that had one of their plans and he switched to verizon after that expired. Only good if you were around major centers or or on major roads. Ironically, AT&T isn't much better around here either. Little better coverage, but verizon still has the best coverage in the area and for me the other areas that I travel to.

AUTO-FX

Funny how so much was invested in breaking up "Ma Bell" and here the cell phone industry is sucking inward rapidly.
Might NOT get approved.

omgsideburns

AT&T and Verizon are the best around here. T-Mobile is terrible, still doesn't have 3g. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure t-mobile has some of the worst coverage of any of the major providers besides maybe sprint/nextel.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
t mobile has been fine for me, i was using pay as you go and it was only costing me about $25 a month.

this sucks...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
There could be a bright side. I assume that AT&T/t-mobile would have broader reach and better reception now that towers/equipment are being combined

petesign

AT&T and T-mobile use different bandwidths for their data connections. I think their voice runs on the same. That's why you can hack an iphone to run on t-mobile, and it works great on voice communication, but can only get edge speeds for data. Still works fine for me though, I only use to to stream pandora in the car... otherwise I just use wifi.

Once AT&T comes in and begins the pillaging, they will hit me for their SUCKY iphone plan, and I will go from spending $100 a month for both my wifes' and my phone, to $200 or so.. and I will begin looking for another carrier.

Supposedly, nothing will change for a year, then they will begin to screw people. I feel bad for the people who just plopped down a big chunk of money for the latest and greatest t-mobile android phone that will likely not work on the new network once it's said and done.

hydo1

I've been a very happy t-mobile user since the voicestream days. I use a hacked iphone 3G with my $5.99 work-around data plan and I am happy. Coverage is great in my area. Not looking forward to being an AT&T customer.

Mikeifg

I just went from at&t to Tmobile this blows I hate att isn't this becomming a monoply because they bought out my old carrier to centenial and I went to get a new phone and they wanted 30.00 more a month for the same plan.................I HATE THEM

signswi

There could be a bright side. I assume that AT&T/t-mobile would have broader reach and better reception now that towers/equipment are being combined

This is AT&T's take. The hidden thing is that they get T-Mobiles share of the wireless spectrum and AT&T needs a larger spectrum badly so they can roll out their version of 4g. The towers are just a nice bonus.

I personally cannot stand AT&T and am on Verizon at the moment (AT&T doesn't even have 3G here). Sprint is a great alternative if their coverage hits your normal travel zones but watch out for the premium data rate on 4G phones.

GregT

I've had T-mobile (and PCS1) for over 12 years and have not had many problems at all. I am not looking forward to the changes that I'm sure will take place.

Pat Whatley

I feel bad for the people who just plopped down a big chunk of money for the latest and greatest t-mobile android phone that will likely not work on the new network once it's said and done.

Hey, have I mentioned to everyone how cool the new Android phones I got in December for me, my wife and my mother in law are?

Personally I've been really happy with T-Mobile and the family plan we're on. The rates are good, the connections are good.

Craig Sjoquist

lol Well here T mobile is awesome..AT&T is poor Verizon is awesome ..Virgin well not the greatest, which I just got the internet and when money gets better going to get broadband.
Then we have Metro PCS, Boost, Rover, few others.
Although this a good match for AT&T will see what comes out in the wash guess next or so.