• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Choice Roland printer Please Help

petepaz

looks like they are close in quality but the AJ1000 is almost twice as fast so i would guess the fast printer would be better

Bly

I don't know about the AJs but we had a SJ-745EX and now have two XJ Soljet IIIs.
The IIIs are a generation better than the IIs.
Still not exactly fast but more refined and print with less banding with the IPC.

musquoni

If you can handle the solvent smell the AJ is the better choice. Its built well and has a completely different ink system and heads than any other roland printer. The ink will last longer and stick to the media better. The color density is also greater for good looking backlit prints.

SPCAE_86

AJ-1000 is a beast of a printer. Almost 1000 sq ft per hour on low res printing. Ink carts hold a liter each. It is a true solvent printer and will need ventilation. The techs for those machines have to go through special training, so be sure your local roland dealer is trained if you want to have decent priced service available. The machine was released @ $70,000. That is a great price.

Jack Knight1979

The AJ doesn't have the resolution of the Sol II. The heads and parts are also more expensive on the AJ.

The inks are solvent based so you'll need air filtration. It has a minimum width of 4' rolls for prints. No three footers are going on that beast.

I have a 745ex. If it was me. I would pick the aj1000 because it would compliment my equipment.

If I was going to do a lot of different jobs, like POP, posters, sticker, wraps, large banners. I would go for the Sol II. IF I didn't already have a smaller printer in house.

If you're doing large prints and hardly any smalls go with the AJ. I would.

AJ = good for big runs and wide material.
Sol II = is a better all around printer.

Last edited:

cdiesel

I've never heard anything good about the AJ series. Fine for billboards and such, but not good for wraps, POP, anything to be viewed up close.

KevSign

Thank you very much for all informations.

Please also let me know how is the HP Designjet 10000s?

Robert M

That Roland

PM me who is selling that Roland here in Colorado, I may know the history on it. There are a couple here that were well used.