• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your drug of choice?

Bigdawg

Just Me
The legal ones, I mean :smile:

I have a bad, bad fluid building up in my lungs... slight fever (101 or so) and a cough. Now I THINK the cough is only because of the fluid - not coughing so hard it hurts (yet) and it clears my breathing out a lot when I do cough up the crap.

Been taking Dayquil, but it's not really doing the trick. A trip to the doctor is totally out of the question for a variety of reasons... so what's your favorite medicine when you feel like crap?

CheapVehicleWrap

Signs 101 of course!

Possibly Pneumonia?

Actually I don't take much in those conditions, but now I'm dealing with a couple things much more serious.

OldPaint

1800 tequila))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
as for drugs............. iam a walking pharmacopia since the heart surgury.
1. hydrocodone..............iam down to 1/2 of a 7.5 a day.
2. licinoprile...................BP MED, before the surgury i was taking 10mg, now i take 2.5mg.
3. coreg.........................beta blocker to keep the adreniline from raiseing my heart rate over 80.
4. tricor.........................$130 for 30 days of this stuff, has to do with cholesterol and triglycerides
5. niacin.........................i take the flushing type 250 mg, to lower my cholesterol.
6. asprin........................81 mg to thin blood.
7.colace..........................stool softner.......cant strain untill the sternum heals.
most of this will be the rest of my life, i hate drugs.

Last edited:

Brandon708

I usually take Tylenol Multi Symptom and it usually knocks out my cold in 2 days. I just started feeling sick last night so this morning I went to Walgreens and picked up some Dayquil and NyteQuil. I feel like crap and my body is aching, coughing, fever, and throat is sore.

CES020

Mucinex, the Maximum Strength, it's 1200mg. You have to take it twice a day, every day until it goes away. Last time I went to the doctor for bronchitis, they said "we don't give out prescriptions for that, it's viral, not bacterial". Then they explained that 95% of it was viral, 5% bacterial, so only those people in the 5% type get drugs for it. Told me to take mucinex and move on.

It's done okay by me. Not super fast acting, but it does help me. It's expensive as crap, but I've not found anything that works better for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In days of yore I had a friend who had spent a number of years on the pharmaceutical industry. I asked him once about over the counter medications, wondering if they, in fact, tended to make the ailment take longer to get over.

His answer was a flat out YES. Better to just let it all hang out if your object is to get well in the least amount of time.

When I come down with something such as you describe, I take three extra strength Excedrin and 1,000 MG of vitamin C along with lots of liquids and a steaming hot shower. I do agree on the Mucinex, however, that it does help.

Marlene

101 is not a slight fever in an adult. fluid in the lungs is nothing to mess with. when you say fluid, do you mean you are coughing up stuff? is it colored? if you can't go to a doctor, go to a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist as they can direct you to something that might help. as far as over the counter, that stuff with the boogger family helps dry things up.

Bigdawg

Just Me
No Tequila since I was 25...

let's just saying puking your guts up in the middle of a biker bar ladies' room, then being so drunk the friend driving you home has to stop every few feet so you can puke some more... added to the realization when you awake the next morning that you deep-throat, sucked-his-face-off kissed your oh-so-very-gay male roommate all they time telling him how you could most definitely change his views on sex... definitely put me off tequila...

thanks for the suggestions...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it does sound like the beginning stages of Walking Pneumonia.

Usually, you don't want to take the things that one takes for the flu or a bad cold, because that stuff won't help Walking Pneumonia. Try to get as much rest as possible and be less stressful for a week or so. If it gets worse, whether you like it or not... the only thing that really gets rid of any form of Pneumonia is anti-biotics. You just might eventually need a trip to the doctor's office, but don't let it turn into full blown Pneumonia first.

Believe it or not, but soaking in a hot bath, not a shower and just relaxation for a few nights in a row, can also help. The heat can help draw it out of you.

showcase 66

101 is not a slight fever in an adult. fluid in the lungs is nothing to mess with. when you say fluid, do you mean you are coughing up stuff? is it colored? if you can't go to a doctor, go to a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist as they can direct you to something that might help. as far as over the counter, that stuff with the boogger family helps dry things up.

Shouldnt have been reading this while I was eating green chili.

showcase 66

let's just saying puking your guts up in the middle of a biker bar ladies' room, then being so drunk the friend driving you home has to stop every few feet so you can puke some more... added to the realization when you awake the next morning that you deep-throat, sucked-his-face-off kissed your oh-so-very-gay male roommate all they time telling him how you could most definitely change his views on sex... definitely put me off tequila...

You were drinking the wrong tequila.

Bigdawg

Just Me
The best advice was sent via PM...

Wow.. get to a professional. I so hope you get better. Asking for medical advice is generally as bad as a designer asking what color looks good when all he has is red on puke baby blue.

No doctor yet... gonna try the Mucinex (damn I hate those commercials) when I get home... if not better by weekend I'll consider that professional...

skyhigh

now thats some funny stuff Stacy :ROFLMAO:

deep-throat, sucked-his-face-off
If I was gay (WHICH I'M NOT!!!!) I'd give you the chance to change my mind with the "deep throat" stuff...:ROFLMAO:, but he let you kiss him after you had been puking? :tongue:

Tequila...one of my old favorites.

Bigdawg

Just Me
If I was gay (WHICH I'M NOT!!!!) I'd give you the chance to change my mind with the "deep throat" stuff...:ROFLMAO:, but he let you kiss him after you had been puking? :tongue:

Tequila...one of my old favorites.

That was before the puking episodes... I only remembered it in the morning though...

Jillbeans

Delsym is a good cough suppressant but Mucinex is better at helping you hawk up loogies.
Think you need to see a Dr though, sounds like you need s Z pack.
Love.....Jill