• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your drug of choice?

John L

Mucinex is a overpriced marketing gimmick.The active ingredient in Mucinex is guaifenesen. Robitussin DM also contains guaifenesen at about half the price. See if your pharmacy stocks Robitussin DAC; that one has guaifenesen and codeine. It's OTC up to 4oz in a 48 hr period.

20 years as a paramedic here:

• There is no such thing as walking pneumonia. It's a lay term used to describe acute bacterial pneumonia
  • Antibiotics are only effective against certain bacterial pneumonias. there are six or seven additional classifications.
  • If you have pain in your chest when you breath (sharp stabbey pains) have difficulty breathing or catching your breath and have a lot of infectious discharge - GO TO THE DOCTOR

Good post. Please go on. In your experience, what will the doctor do? What will the doctor prescribe?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I think Mucinex has just become my new best friend... feel better this morning - not so liquidy...

I appreciate the advice from all of you... when or if it gets bad enough that I'm having trouble breathing - I'll consider a doctor...

but I have no insurance... the clinics here suck and if I go to the doc they want to run a bunch of expensive tests I don't want them to. Last time it ended up with the doctor telling me if I wouldn't take the tests he wanted, he wouldn't do anything to help me - but here is my bill for $150 for just walking in the door...

meanwhile me and my new buddy Mucinex are getting ready for work :smile:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Glad to see you're feeling better Stacy. Now that the fever has broke, I'm guessing we won't be hearing any more juicy stories?

:smile: not in this thread... but you know I can't keep my mouth shut...

(do tats on the a$$ count as juicy stories?)

K Chez

2 Heads of garlic in some red sauce at night, put on sweats & thermals and pile on as many blankets as you can find, a carton of pineapple orange to wash down 1500 mg of lysine and in 2 days you'll be good as new!

AUTO-FX

2 Heads of garlic in some red sauce at night, put on sweats & thermals and pile on as many blankets as you can find, a carton of pineapple orange to wash down 1500 mg of lysine and in 2 days you'll be good as new!

WOW - sounds highly experimental - how did you discover that treatment?

Stacey, glad you feel better. Take it easy today!

CES020

Mucinex is a overpriced marketing gimmick.The active ingredient in Mucinex is guaifenesen. Robitussin DM also contains guaifenesen at about half the price.

Maybe you should read the label. Mucinex has a far higher dose of it than Robitussin, which is why it works better than Robitussin.

Marlene

meanwhile me and my new buddy Mucinex are getting ready for work

Mucinex, yep that's the one with the that kicks the booger family out the door. glad to hear it is helping. I just bought some Healthy Accents brand of sinus congestion & pain as al the Mucinex at the store was for chest boogers and I have head boogers. the pills are "cool ice" for instant cooling sensation...they taste minty when you pop them in your mouth and that's that.