• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Zoom and the sign maker - my question - is there anyone that is already using Zoom?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Let's focus on one specific item: The use of Zoom in the sign making environment.
Why? I am thinking of writing a new thread introducing Signs101 members to the the basic use of Zoom. Just at the starter level.
As I prepare to write the thread, I wonder if anyone is already on board with Zoom. If you are, let me know if you are willing to have some input. If possible, I would like to have at least three or four individuals tell us how Zoom has been working for them.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Video meetings are strange and awkward to me.
Thank you for your input. I would like to explore some items with you. When you talk about video meetings, have any that you have had been related to your work? Even if your meetings are currently "strange and awkward," do you see any value is getting past that challenge?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Thank you for your input. I would like to explore some items with you. When you talk about video meetings, have any that you have had been related to your work? Even if your meetings are currently "strange and awkward," do you see any value is getting past that challenge?
It's awkward for everyone else I mean . You see, I don't like wearing pants at my desk which is fine until I stand up. My challenge is that nobody will do live chats anymore unless I pay for it. Really though, I dont do meetings in any form, too busy for it.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
It's awkward for everyone else I mean . You see, I don't like wearing pants at my desk which is fine until I stand up. My challenge is that nobody will do live chats anymore unless I pay for it. Really though, I dont do meetings in any form, too busy for it.
It sounds like there is no need for you to get involved in video meetings.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Texas_Signmaker, two items I would like to explore with you: First) are you currently using Zoom in your sign making work? Second) In your network of other sign makers, are you aware of any who are using Zoom?
No and no. I barely want to talk on the phone, let alone look at someone like a creep on a live computer screen. I zoom when there is a crowd and I turn my sound and video off.