• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund / Oce Procut VS Summa flatbed cnc

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Have you spoken with or do you work with MediaPoint? They are also in the Melbourne area. Jamie and Jason a great guys. They have a zund or three.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Have you spoken with or do you work with MediaPoint? They are also in the Melbourne area. Jamie and Jason a great guys. They have a zund or three.
Jason chimed in earlier, But no haven't spoken to them about the Zund directly.

I've basically got all the info i need for both the summa and zund. and it also may not be the solution i'm after according to a few people.

erdrich kalisky

Technician
zund is cool with all its features but I will propose Jweicut. it has all the features of zund and much more. its also less expensive than zund.
To my opinion Jweicut is cool... I have attached images of it...
TB08.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
zund is cool with all its features but I will propose Jweicut. it has all the features of zund and much more. its also less expensive than zund.
To my opinion Jweicut is cool... I have attached images of it...
And the first time it breaks you wait 4 months for parts and even before that you need to learn some chinese....

erdrich kalisky

Technician
to my knowledge, 3/4 of the machines sold and used is fabricated in China and secondly it takes a week when I order a part from China. It comes with English versions as well.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Zund is built in Switzerland and there are local service technicians in the city Pauly is operating out of.
Who knows how well the Jwei is built and there is no local service available with <24 hour response time including parts like the Zund is.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
to my knowledge, 3/4 of the machines sold and used is fabricated in China and secondly it takes a week when I order a part from China. It comes with English versions as well.

Im quite sure i underlined that im not interested in other brands as i want local support.
When something does break, i want it ready to be operational the next day, not in 2 weeks.

and most GOOD printers and cutters are not made in china, not sure what equipment you own..
Every printer i've seen that's Chinese is basically some heap of junk with modified Epson drivers - 2 weeks later and it's a paper weight.

On a printing page on facebook, a chinese company was advertising their printer, i commended saying how poor the quality looked on their sample print.
He replied "you get what you pay for"
Very accurate!!

I actually don't think any of my printing or cutting equipment i own even comes from china. or made in china.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Week is forever with a big machine like that. And what if the part doesn't fix it, you wait another week? Can't fix it and fly someone from China to fix it on the 3rd week?
You have lost a heck ton of business at that point.

It doesn't matter where it's made, it's the support and parts supply. Something happens for air transport (like a volcano spits a little dust to the air) you will wait for that part 4 months.

CanuckSigns

Week is forever with a big machine like that. And what if the part doesn't fix it, you wait another week? Can't fix it and fly someone from China to fix it on the 3rd week?
You have lost a heck ton of business at that point.

It doesn't matter where it's made, it's the support and parts supply. Something happens for air transport (like a volcano spits a little dust to the air) you will wait for that part 4 months.

Or imagine if there was a worldwide health pandemic and you couldn't fly a tech in even if you wanted to, I know, it's hard to believe such a scenario...

Bly

We even had trouble getting a part for the Zund when all air traffic was stopped.
Luckily I could Macguyver it.

jasonx

Hey Paul feel free to give me a call 0411773908 if you want any specific information on the Zund. Tom and Ally at Same Day printing are not far from you have the Summa. Between the two of us, you should get all the information you need.

Bly

I think he's looking at Fotobas now which would be a more cost effective option for trimming roll media.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I've got three Fotoba's as well and a new one on the way next year.

Who worth talking to about Fotoba in vic?

I had a good chat with positive about my options, a Fotoba might be the best bet,
I was aiming for a 2 birds 1 stone, but the lengts of paper that needs cutting is to much for a flatbed cutter.