• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners on HP L25500

Tim Aucoin

Just finished up a few of these banners. 3' x 10', printed on 13oz. banner, tape hemmed with grommets. Used the Onyx Sign & Banner plug-in prior to printing... saved me lots of time in finishing!

Quality is spectacular on this printer! Blues are super rich, reds are nice'n'deep, and overall contrast is great! :thumb: If photo is a bit fuzzy... it's my unsteady hand shooting with my phone!

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 83

Tim Aucoin

sfr table hockey said:
Looks very nice Tim.

Any issue with durability of the ink? Scratch resistance?

And do they come out dry to the touch right away?

They're quite durable and yes, bone dry right off the printer. They were trimmed, and finished within a half hour of coming off the printer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

signswi

We're done a ton of banner work on the L25500, great machine for quality banner work though for simple cheap banners we still do 4-pass on a JV3.

HulkSmash

T3, can you do me a favor. Can you print a small sample out, then take some wiping alcohol...does it remove the ink?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok well my last container of banner did not print well at all on the latex so I was trying to get a good product that was great in the latex and I have it now for only $0.13 so if you take 10 rolls I can put on a pallet or something I might be able to save you guys alot of money.

Suz

T3, can you do me a favor. Can you print a small sample out, then take some wiping alcohol...does it remove the ink?

T3, that banner looks G-r-e-a-t !!!

I'm curious to find out also if the test Colorado is asking you to do passes (with the alcohol). I'm about to do a banner myself, for outdoors, and need a banner material that works.

That is, when my machine has electricity. Coming soon!

By the way, what is this banner material you are using? I know that you mentioned it is 13 oz, but if it passes the alcohol test, I'll want to know the item number, brand, all that info for ordering some of that. If anybody else knows of a 13 oz banner material that passes and works with the HP25500 latex printer, please...I want to know! :)

Thanks!
Sue

Tim Aucoin

T3, I'm curious to find out also if the test Colorado is asking you to do passes (with the alcohol). I'm about to do a banner myself, for outdoors, and need a banner material that works.

That is, when my machine has electricity. Coming soon!

By the way, what is this banner material you are using? I know that you mentioned it is 13 oz, but if it passes the alcohol test, I'll want to know the item number, brand, all that info for ordering some of that.

Thanks!
Sue
Hi Sue! The banner material I use is Ultraflex Superprint Plus Gloss 13oz. I generally stock 38" x 164' as a majority of the banners I run are 3' wide and this allows me to print a full 36" and have the 1" hem without trimming the length! I haven't run one in the last two days, but I will do the alcohol test when I do. If I have time today, I will run a little one just to try this and report back here!

Suz

Tim,
As if your banner didn't have enough alcohol already (Rainier Beer), LOL! Looking forward to what you have to say about the test. Thanks in advance Tim. Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing! Beautiful colors you got with that print by the way!!!

Suz

Ok thanks! Just was wiping off some dirt on a banner we did, used alcohol... and it like smeared all the dry ink.. very odd..

Colorado... do you think that the ink was not cured? Or, could it be the material you were printing on. Not to hijack thread here, but what were you using for banner? You can e-mail me if that is best. Again, not meaning to hijak this thread on Tim. But if Tim is okay with it, please post info. Maybe a solution can be found. I know that with screenprinting, my plastisol inks need to be fully heat cured or they will smear, or crack, or come off. But I know, this is latex not plastisol. And not your average latex. :) Thanks!

HulkSmash

Colorado... do you think that the ink was not cured? Or, could it be the material you were printing on. Not to hijack thread here, but what were you using for banner? You can e-mail me if that is best. Again, not meaning to hijak this thread on Tim. But if Tim is okay with it, please post info. Maybe a solution can be found. I know that with screenprinting, my plastisol inks need to be fully heat cured or they will smear, or crack, or come off. But I know, this is latex not plastisol. And not your average latex. :) Thanks!

Ink was cured... Dry as a bone. i have no explanation why it's doing it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks Colorado. What banner material is it? Recommended for this printer? For now, I'd like to avoid that one, whichever it is. Glad you posted.

Suz I am going to send some of my banner stock up to the girls so they can sell it to you ok.