• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners on HP L25500

Tim Aucoin

Okay, the results are in.... and on video! :clapping:

Use aggressive pressure and yes, the ink does come off.
Wipe gently and the ink does not come off. I used a fairly abrasive cotton cloth (costco standard issue) to wipe with, so not sure if that had any play in it. Also, banner was JUST off the printer. I will give it another try in an hour or so, and then tomorrow to see if there is any difference... there shouldn't be though. Any other requests? This is fun!! :Big Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZDcxZ5xCo

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sur-VEy SAYS.........................

Uh-oh............... that's not supposed to happen.:doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, the results are in.... and on video! :clapping:

Use aggressive pressure and yes, the ink does come off.
Wipe gently and the ink does not come off. I used a fairly abrasive cotton cloth (costco standard issue) to wipe with, so not sure if that had any play in it. Also, banner was JUST off the printer. I will give it another try in an hour or so, and then tomorrow to see if there is any difference... there shouldn't be though. Any other requests? This is fun!! :Big Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZDcxZ5xCo

Yeah, how 'bout spit, eh ??

Tim Aucoin

VOLUNTARILY REMOVED because some people cannot keep this thread professional.

Please keep this thread on topic guys!!! Yes, I did to that one test in a controlled way but should have known better than to mention it. I have customers at sporting venues who put banners in areas where the rowdy and less tasteful people have been known to display what they think of a certain team or message. So, I decided to see how it stood up against it. The comments are uncalled for and unwelcome. Please don't drag this thread over to the other one!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

HulkSmash

That's what i thought.

Thanks Tim for taking the time to do it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't my specific material.

rjssigns

L25500 Double Sided Banners

Can the L25500 do double sided banners? NWTC where I am a student just put one in.(yes, college at my age) The rep was asked and he said: "No way, not even goin' there". I looked at the machine then wondered how you would even register the second side.
Here is my idiotic question of the day: Is it possible to use my Roland SP540V to contour cut decals from the L25500 using my Ergo RIP?

Reason for my dumb questions is I would like to get an HP and run it alongside my Roland which has been a workhorse, without having to buy another cutter right away. Yeah I know the HP is 60" and the Roland is 54". I don't need any more than 54" because I do all installs solo.

Typestries

Rubbing alcohol takes latex ink off quite well. On any substrate. If it does not take it off, it will at least ruin your print. Period. Not pleased with that.

jasonx

T3 what profile and heat settings are you using for banners? I print some 440gsm banner and my heat might be too high its really buckling the media.

RobbyMac

13 oz seems ok. But we've had some 10 oz pvc material melt pretty good. At the time, it was a rush so we switched to our mimaki. I imagine we can adjust heat for it (when I get back to the office and verify what brand material it was)
Even drying can be an issue sometimes.
Pulling some extra material out past the heater before printing also helps to keep it from catching on the wire grate, causing the material to buckle and head strike early in a print.

CentralSigns

I had a window install a while back latex printed and had a small issue with Rapidtac. The Rapidtac made my hands pick up the color of the print. This meaning where I applied Rapidtac the ink came off on my hands, no Rapidtac no bleed. Is this the issue you had with the alcohol. Wounder if this will decrease the life of the ink on the vinyl.

Suz

Tim and Colorado & Everyone,

I've been thinking about this quite a bit - I'm thinking the answer is to just go ahead and laminate everything, including banners. What do you think about that?

Last edited:

tattoo.dan

anybody find anymore out on this? about to finally purchase the latex this week, but this has me wondering about the ink durability...