• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners on HP L25500

rjssigns

Can the L25500 do double sided banners? NWTC where I am a student just put one in.(yes, college at my age) The rep was asked and he said: "No way, not even goin' there". I looked at the machine then wondered how you would even register the second side.
Here is my idiotic question of the day: Is it possible to use my Roland SP540V to contour cut decals from the L25500 using my Ergo RIP?

Reason for my dumb questions is I would like to get an HP and run it alongside my Roland which has been a workhorse, without having to buy another cutter right away. Yeah I know the HP is 60" and the Roland is 54". I don't need any more than 54" because I do all installs solo.

I apparently scared the poo out of you guys with my insane questions. No takers? I would be happy just to have the double sided banner question answered after what the HP rep said.:help

signswi

Tim and Colorado & Everyone,

I've been thinking about this quite a bit - I'm thinking the answer is to just go ahead and laminate everything, including banners. What do you think about that?

Laminating banners is ridiculous. Just don't put them up outdoors in areas where it rains alcohol or remover and you'll be fine.

We print on banners fine on our L25500, Ultraflex has profiles for all their products available for it. The HP banner materials are also really nice.

Double sided we haven't figure out yet. I can register it perfectly but the heat messes with the material as double sided banners have three layers. There's a guy on the L25500 Ning group who has done it successfully but he didn't say with which media.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Laminating banners is ridiculous. Just don't put them up outdoors in areas where it rains alcohol or remover and you'll be fine.

We print on banners fine on our L25500, Ultraflex has profiles for all their products available for it. The HP banner materials are also really nice.

Double sided we haven't figure out yet. I can register it perfectly but the heat messes with the material as double sided banners have three layers. There's a guy on the L25500 Ning group who has done it successfully but he didn't say with which media.

X100 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: thats a funny post and its spot on lol. :goodpost:

Suz

Josh, what is the banner stock you are sending? They did give me some, bless them! :) Was that from you?