• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can we talk about my logos?

CheapVehicleWrap

Something about the 4th one. Can't quite put my finger on it. I'd like to see it rotated 90 degrees clockwise or maybe 270 degrees counter clockwise.

ARMSRAISED

you seemed so adverse to advice, i'm not sure any question is okay to ask...
but i'm wondering if you change your business cards so often because you haven't really nailed down a look you like?

I'm sorry I wasn't asking for critique on the business cards. Again I should not have uploaded those images that show more than just the logo. No I change them often because I like designing them. I din'nt upload any newer business card designs because the logos are the same and I'm not asking for critique on my business cards. Maybe I'll do that in another section, if there is one for that. Please tell me where I seemed adverse to advice. Listen please if you have nothing to say about my logos and you haven't please refrain from commenting here.

ARMSRAISED

Do you have anything of value to say? I get that you're a funny guy with quick wit, we'd probably have fun together but c'mon, enough already.

Something about the 4th one. Can't quite put my finger on it. I'd like to see it rotated 90 degrees clockwise or maybe 270 degrees counter clockwise.

ARMSRAISED

I'm having as much fun as you don't worry. I'm giving you all what you like, I'll be joining you, don't worry.

You know I was making a joke back at you about the spelling. I should have added the smiley, can never forget the smiley or people don't get your sarcasm.

no, speeling :wink:

by the way new guy... I know this is really annoying for you... but look at the bright side... the rest of us are having a helluva a good time at your expense :ROFLMAO:

now, why don't you put your arms down :notworthy:
and tip your glass up :toasting:

...and join us, instead of sitting out there, being so sure everyone is out to get you :banghead:

Techman

A Bizz card with a "see reverse side" tag to get the contact info?
Why?
And then it is written with type so small it takes a mind reader to figure it out.

There are standard rules for designing a b-card. They are well rehearsed and proven to be effective. Why go against the grain?

Your graphics could be the back ground. Instead it takes precedence over what a b-card is mean to be used for. A B-card is supposed to be a simple yet easy to read contact point.

ARMSRAISED

I agree, I do go against all the rules designing business cards. That's my style. I have quite a following of loyal repeat customers who want the same thing, a card that is different. I make a good living just off of business card design and printing but that is neither here nor there. I need to remove those images and show only the logo in question.

I'd like to thank and applaud you for keeping your response on mark. Thanks, seriously.

A Bizz card with a "see reverse side" tag to get the contact info?
Why?
And then it is written with type so small it takes a mind reader to figure it out.

There are standard rules for designing a b-card. They are well rehearsed and proven to be effective. Why go against the grain?

Your graphics could be the back ground. Instead it takes precedence over what a b-card is mean to be used for. A B-card is supposed to be a simple yet easy to read contact point.

GypsyGraphics

I'm sorry I wasn't asking for critique on the business cards. Again I should not have uploaded those images that show more than just the logo. No I change them often because I like designing them. I din'nt upload any newer business card designs because the logos are the same and I'm not asking for critique on my business cards. Maybe I'll do that in another section, if there is one for that. Please tell me where I seemed adverse to advice. Listen please if you have nothing to say about my logos and you haven't please refrain from commenting here.

well since you said please, i'll do exactly as you ask...."Please tell me where I seemed adverse to advice." and "refrain from commenting here."

I ask you a direct question, not about your regrettable images choices, but what YOU wrote in your opening post. You are not only adverse to advice, you are adverse to discussion with regards to your OWN opening statements. So my "please refrain" for you is... don't write (or post images) that you don't want people to comment on.

your thread title is comical "Can we talk about my logos?" ummmm, apparently not!

over and out

ARMSRAISED

OK, I've asked my question properly. :Big Laugh

These are all mine and created by me. None of them are new (10 -15 years old) but I'm curious to hear some new input.

Business card designs removed to show only the logos in question, sorry for the confusion. And I did find the a copy of the previously updated Prop Factory logo. I should have put more thought into this prior to selecting the images to upload. These are the logos I'd like comments on and give it to me strait, unlubed or however you feel like dishing it.

Is that better?:smile:

iSign

your absolute best work was the paperclip pentagram.. which is gone now... regardless of starburst trajectory... the urbanscape roman candle was not bad either... in my opinion...

I guess leaving the worst ones up there might make some sense... if people wanted to help you critique them... though that may be doubtful at this point..

so, what's it gonna take to show off something current... you must have done some work this year... lets get this party going...

ARMSRAISED

I've got plenty of stuff to show, but these are mine and I can change them and improve on them. And I want opinions on them.

You'll see more of my current work in future posts, or in current posts elsewhere on the forum.

Fitch

They are all crap.

If someone asked me to pay for any of those - I would just laugh at you.

But then.... as you say they are 10-15 years old so I see no reason to judge or critique now, assuming you have improved over time, and your design skills are so much more improved these days. To critique now is pointless - kinda like putting a photo 15 years old on eHarmony or other dating sites.

The first logo shows no creativity apart from the shrouding of characters with a line.

Second - Unless you are immediately recognisable like Nike, Mc Donalds etc, what the heck is NESC?
Huge mistake putting opposing text both inside and outside of elipse.

Third - What tha?

Fourth - appears just like a bunch of clipart. Could be improved by taking it and making lines parallel, clean, in line etc. Looks childish.

So...

You wanted it ... there it is.

Cheers - G

ARMSRAISED

The reason to critique them now is because they are all established businesses and I can improve on the logos when I decide to.

Thanks for the comments G.

They are all crap.

If someone asked me to pay for any of those - I would just laugh at you.

But then.... as you say they are 10-15 years old so I see no reason to judge or critique now, assuming you have improved over time, and your design skills are so much more improved these days. To critique now is pointless - kinda like putting a photo 15 years old on eHarmony or other dating sites.

The first logo shows no creativity apart from the shrouding of characters with a line.

Second - Unless you are immediately recognisable like Nike, Mc Donalds etc, what the heck is NESC?
Huge mistake putting opposing text both inside and outside of elipse.

Third - What tha?

Fourth - appears just like a bunch of clipart. Could be improved by taking it and making lines parallel, clean, in line etc. Looks childish.

So...

You wanted it ... there it is.

Cheers - G

ForgeInc

I see no point in giving criticism. Your designs are 10-15 years old, and you have a loyal customer base that wants your "out of the box, different" kind of thinking. Why ask us?

But since you did, I think they look very amateurish, that's being generous. Go look at any logo design book and compare to your designs. If you don't see a difference, better give up and stick to weeding vinyl or hope that customer base keeps needing business cards.

Fitch

Curious minds want to know:

"The reason to critique them now is because they are all established businesses and I can improve on the logos when I decide to. "

1) Don't you think their logo can be improved when THEY want to?

2) What makes you so confident that when the time comes they will actually decide to use YOUR logo as opposed to something some else puts on the table.

3) Being established businesses may be ok but not so sure how progressive or solid they are - most successful businesses reevaluate their logos each 5 years. This means some are up to three times past their life cycle.

Just because something "works" does not mean being ahead of your game should not be an option each and every day.

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a
parachute to skydive twice. "

If you can't see the comparison, then maybe a just a little more thought is in order.

Cheers - G

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is not going well.
I knew it would be rough going after Rick's hinted analogy that you might be the William Hung of graphic design.

I went to your nesignco website and I think many here will have bigger issues with you other than your requested logo critique.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

iSign

Curious minds want to know:

"The reason to critique them now is because they are all established businesses and I can improve on the logos when I decide to. "

1) Don't you think their logo can be improved when THEY want to?

Hey G, I think he is "they"... and the so called "established businesses" are all his.. that is how he has future logo work all sewed up!

iSign

I went to your nesignco website and I think many here will have bigger issues with you other than your requested logo critique.

guess you also noticed not a single stitch of his work on there... but certainly plenty to critique :omg:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
guess you also noticed not a single stitch of his work on there... but certainly plenty to critique :omg:

We have more than 12,000 corporate logos available from our stock! Chances are we have the logo you need. There is no set up charges to use a logo we have in stock.< > to see if we have the corporate logo you are looking for.
:omg::omg:

wayne k
guam usa

CheapVehicleWrap

Businesses and individual depend on NESC®. Looks like a clipart factory to me. armsraised hmm. like throwing your arms in the air when creativity block sets in? I don't see anything about business cards on the site. Fred's gonna need more bandwidth.

Last edited: