• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can we talk about my logos?

SignManiac

I took a look at your website. I would think that your own company logo should be extremely tight, especially since your are promoting logo design on your website. Did you spend all of ten minutes developing it? It looks like you figured out how to apply text to path and called it quits. What is the purpose of the lone back slanted E in your company initials. Is there some subliminal message there that has gotten past my curious eyes? Is there a reason you chose the colors you have in it? or do they just happen to be your favorite colors? NESC is obviously the focal point but how does it tell a first time viewer what it stands for until they read the name on top, which is visually discordant sitting right on the borders edge. It doesn't seem to have any relationship or purpose to anything at all.

I were you, I would forget all the other crap you posted and try to redeem yourself by using your own company logo as a good place to start over. You might possibly be able to learn something if you haven't alienated yourself from this site already. Good luck on that.

Attachments

• NESC.jpg
    NESC.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 93

ARMSRAISED

These are my businesses, that is why I can change them. And I'm not asking for your opinion on websites or anything else.

wildside

since i read all three fricken pages of this, i have to comment.

this entire thread makes no sense, post logos from 10 years ago, fine, ask how good they are, fine, knock down what everyone says and brag about how much better they are now that they are fixed, but not show us what your are talking about.

i should send you a bill for wasting my time this morning

oh and i don't think 10-15 years ago you were very good at logo design for yourself, designing for yourself is the hardest thing to do

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well at least I wasn't identified as part of the angry pack... see what "early to bed" does for you!!

Armraised... yes - you posted logos for critique. Logos that include your web address... so when they looked rather amateurish and they are 10 years old, people are going to look to see if that's an anomaly or if that's really a good example of your work.

Just because you don't ask for opinions, doesn't mean you aren't going to get them. And at least Rick offered lube...

JR's

It looks like you figured out how to apply text to path and called it quits. What is the purpose of the lone back slanted E in your company initials.????

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

how come my post don't go on for four pages. I am not feeling the love.
;-}

JR

Marlene

yesterday I noticed that you posted a ton of your work for people to see. it was nice looking stuff but I had the sense that you were trolling the site for people who just might want to buy as you had your logos on the bottom of the post. you aren't a merchant member so I thought, hum, what is this guy who we don't know up to.

then you post a what do you think of my logos thread and I wondered are you really asking about your logos or bringing attention to your companies.

if you really want to know what people think of your logos, I'll give it a try. oh, by the way, all who you have tagged as a'holes are some of the nicest people on this site.

the new web company. it looks like an attempt to try to do something by sharing the letter "w" and it might work if you hadn't used the font you did. fonts like that look moer like what would be seen on a sign for a welding shop or a metal shop.

the new england sign company. I think laying the top copy on the outline of the oval is a bad idea. I also think having the bottom copy inside the oval looks more like a screw up. the NESC isn't bad but it looks more like a daycare or something to do with kids than a sign shop.

the bent up star thing is just plain strange and I have no idea what the point of it is.

the prop factory has some clipart and that's about it. if you make props that is a cool thing and this logo does not say that at all. of all your ventures, it seems like this one should be the most fun to make a logo for and it looks like you just open a clipart CD and pulled a couple of things off from it and that was that.

the concepts on all of them are weak so re-working them isn't a good idea. the only one that might be saved and re-done is the one for the web but it will take a lot of work. the sign shop one is really the worst as it just looks like you tacked on the the sign shop and website onto someone's daycare sign.

Joe Diaz

Hey ARMSRAISED, you seem like a nice enough person, I know you asked for help with those designs, but maybe I can offer some different advice.

Usually when I critique someone else's work. I try to do it as a compliment sandwich. Meaning, first I point out the things that can be built on - the parts of your designs that are good, then I would follow it up with some criticism (in the nicest tone possible) Then It's followed up with some positive supporting language, like: "Keep at it, I'm sure with some work you will create a nice little brand for your customer." This is done because some people need their critique with sugar. If it isn't sweet, they totally ignore it even if the advice is just what the doctor ordered. So if I don't do it that way, and my advice is totally ignored, then I just wasted my time.

I'm curious though. The very first post you start making excuses for your designs. For example: They are X many years old. To me this says that you are aware that it isn't very good. But have no fear. This is a good thing. Ask yourself this: "What about these designs caused me to make excuses for it? What don't I like about them?" That is a good place to start.

But I also have to ask: If these logos are 10 or 15 years old, have they already been sold to the clients? and if so, are they paying you to revisit them? If not, why are posting them for a critique? It seems pointless for us to critique you the designer from 15 years ago. I would think it would be more helpful to you for us to critique the logos you are designing today. Move forward. My designs from 15 years ago blow. Although I was 12 then. It doesn't help me to revisit those, because they aren't worth revisiting.

Anyway I hope this helps. And I look forward to seeing more of your work. :glasses:

WrapperX

This made my morning. Wrapsx3 - you crack my sh!t up!

I love it when people ask for advice on their designs. No matter how polite or "unlubed" it gets the asker always seems to get really bent about it.

It does seem silly to put up 15 year old logos and ask to have them critiqued now. I, personally, would've taken my 15 year old logos and reworked them on my own. THEN post the new ones , and maybe even the old ones to compare the transition, and THEN ask for new a critique of the new ones. But that would've been me. This Post never stood a chance for a serious conversation. It made me smile and I need that this morning! :clapping:

ForgeInc

This thread reminds me of when I first joined the forum, and adtechia was gettin everyone riled up. Ah, the good ole days.

buttons

Yeah, that always bugged me, it was originally like that to fit in a 14" screen to go on my shirts, I've since fixed it, made new shirts and somehow lost my new files for it, so only my shirts have the improved thingies. Good eye, of course I asked, I don't want y'all to say "oh yeah those are nice" I get enough of that from people who don't know any better. I'm assuming you guys have a better eye for such things and I want some real constructive criticism, and not on my spelling!

You said you fixed the stars... but when you go to www.thepropfactory.com it's still the 'unfixed' logo. :popcorn:

ARMSRAISED

I said I fixed it for a run of shirts, I'm not trying to sell anything, my signature had been there for 6 years. I don't want attention, I only wanted input on updating my logos, not my website, not the way I design business cards, nothing but the logos. I have welcomed and thanked all legitimate comments on the logos the rest of you who have nothing of relevance please stop commenting.

You said you fixed the stars... but when you go to www.thepropfactory.com it's still the 'unfixed' logo. :popcorn:

iSign

hey armsraised, I think you need to start a new thread "can we NOT talk about my logos anymore" :ROFLMAO:

SignManiac

Armsraised, every time I read your name...I see the image of the big butter Jesus in my head! It's making me crazy....

Attachments

• BIG-BUTTER-JESUS.jpg
    BIG-BUTTER-JESUS.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 101

Marlene

so are they your logos meaning you are all those companies or do you mean your logos meaning logos you have designed for other companies? when I read it, I read it as these were your companies.

am I allowed to post or not? I did take a look at each and gave you an honest opinion of each and pointed out what I saw that just didn't work in each. you OK with that or am I on the sh*t list too?