• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chatterbox Designs Company ID interior sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatterbox

Check out this new logo, one of several that I have for my company.

This design is currently digitally printed and overlayed on sintra (cheap, cheap) and placed on INTERIOR wall.

There is eight of them, checkered on the wall. Looks tyte.

Please give your feedback on the design.

This sign is designed to be altered and illuminate also.

View attachment 48940

Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

Last edited:

B Snyder

Where/what is the "logo?" The CDP in a box? The Chatter Box lettering?
The logo is "one of several?" Why would you want more than one? Sorry, I don't get it.

OldPaint

well lets see, you got SQUARE, TRIANGLE, RECTANGLE, COUPLE OF BOLT HEADS, some orange to white to blue fades, some more rectangles and a iam guessing its supposed to be chrome or stanless steel....and nothing seems to be congruent or hav anything to do with the name you have chosen. its a SIGN of sorts, NO LOGO.
heres a hint to designing a good sign:
WORK IN WIRE FRAME, then BLACK AND WHITE..............if it looks good in those parameters,...........THEN YOU CAN ADD colors, and effects...........from what ya got i would say you did all the effects then decided to letter the sign.
not bein mean...............but it aint TYTE!

Flame

For a company that teaches sign design that looks like crud. Seriously, not even halfway professional. :noway:

Pat Whatley

You know, after Rick's glowing book report of "Inside Sign Design" I was expecting your layout to be some dead on, "why didn't I think of that", awesome looking example of a sign.

That's not what was delivered.

signmeup

That's busier than a cat trying to bury a turd on a marble floor. Maybe it's a different animal in context. Can we see a pic of the installation?

cgsigns_jamie

Hi Mike,

I've have to agree that the blue/white/orange gradient is a bit much. Doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the sign.

I'm also assuming this sign will be dimensional as you say it could light up.
What materials are you planning on using? There are a lot of details missing in your design to let us know how you plan to turn this into a sign.

signmeup

CDP took me a while to figure out how it related to the words on the sign. I don't think it works for Chatter Box Design Publishing.

signmeup

Seems like such a fun name I couldn't resist playing with it. This is the sort of thing the name makes me think of.

Attachments

• ChatterBoxSm.jpg
    ChatterBoxSm.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 82

Dentafrice

I personally do not like it. I think the ChatterBox font clashes with the "Designs" font which clashes with the Publishing, INC font..

It looks too busy, like it has no central theme. I see the bolts.. but what is that holding it on to? A sign cabinet? Or just a rectangle? What is the deal with the triangle? It has no purpose it seems..

Plus the gradient on the inside looks like something straight out of a new install of Photoshop.. just looks.. bad I think.

chatterbox

Thanks for the honest feedback.

I still love it. It still gets people attention. It gets them to stop and read.

I still love it.

Logo has a very broad definition.

As far as relating the logo design to the book INSIDE SIGN DESIGN, wow that is a far reaching relative comparison.

You haven't even read the book. Crazy.

Never answer something before seeing it. It is folly. Words of Wisdom from the wisest King who ever lived.

OldPaint

we all know ART IS SUBJECTIVE..............but you dont have a handle on ART..........this is what i think we all are tryin to tell ya.
just because you can sit in front of a computer, put together SHAPES, TEXT, COLORS & EFFECTS...........it dont mean what comes out....................is ART.................
signmeup took a shot at something different and you STILL LUV what you did............well your a majority of ONE.
if this is your best, iam with ohmygsideburns...............
as for getting people attention...................it dont REQUIRE MUCH..........for some people!!!!!!hehehehehehhee

Flame

Thanks for the honest feedback.

I still love it. It still gets people attention. It gets them to stop and read.

I still love it.

Logo has a very broad definition.

As far as relating the logo design to the book INSIDE SIGN DESIGN, wow that is a far reaching relative comparison.

You haven't even read the book. Crazy.

Never answer something before seeing it. It is folly. Words of Wisdom from the wisest King who ever lived.

PROOF. Guys, this is a joke, a hoax. This guy does not work for this company nor is he a graphic designer..

Seriously, that's all I can can conclude. I have literally seen better art from a local soccer mom with illustrator 5. I kid you not, I should post it.

I was going along fine until this reply. Now... I cannot imagine a real shop having this up in their showroom. Let's see a pic of it installed buddy.

chatterbox

All negative publicity is publicity.

If you could imagine, if you (meaning everyone who views the design), the sign as a material creation, you would see it as a SIGN DESIGNER sees it. I should have qualified that this sign will only be used as an interior company I.D. sign in my office.

But of course, we know, SIGN DESIGN does not even have a definition. It does not have a school, formal, or otherwise. People, most, do not ENVISION a design as a 3-d creation. They cannot understand dimensional material and colors and how they will come together to make something really nice.

Look at all the "BAD" signs around town.

MY BIO:
I have been the lead designer for three (3) electrical sign companies in Southern California. I have designed "freelance" for 20 sign companies in 4 states including Hawaii.

I just asked for a honest opinion. And I get "hate" mail. There is a difference in constructive criticism, other than "hate." It sounds more like people are vilifying the design. Some have given constructive criticism. I accept that. Thanks Jaime, Orange Park, FL.

AS A DIMENSION SIGNS, this sign is to be:
Non-Illuminated, 1/4" thick FCO "black" acrylic main "Rectangle" backer panel with flame polished edges.

"Triangle" backing to be 1/8" thick fco brushed aluminum screwed into main backer panel.

CDP "square" (LOGO) to be 1/8" thick FCO "white" acrylic with full color digital print graphic overlayed flush mounted to main backer panel.

Both horizontal stripes (on main backer panel) to be 1/8" thick FCO brushed aluminum flush mounted to rectangle panel. All four (4) subcopy "rectangles" to be 1/4" thick FCO "clear" acrylic" with vinyl copy, 1st surface. Screw in from 2nd surface, screws are visible.

Main surface "rectangle" sign panel to be full color digital printed graphic and overlayed. Main surface rectangle to be flush mounted to main backer with VHB silicone.
Main copy: "Chatterbox" to be 1/4" thick FCO "white" acrylic with opaque vinyl overlayed and flush mounted with VHB silicone. Subcopy: "Designs" to be 1/8" thick FCO "black" acrylic with "white" vinyl overlayed and flush mounted with VHB silicone.

Rectangle "stripe" on main panel to be 1/8" thick FCO brushed aluminum flush mounted to main panel with VHB silicone.

"Publishing" to be "grey" opaque vinyl overlayed onto main "black" acrylic backer.

PUT IT IN MY OFFICE, baby......

chatterbox

Flame.

When you are in Long Beach California, come to Flynn Signs & Graphics, Inc.

I am the director for Business Development.

You can vent your anger and frustration. We love to hear sad stories from angry people.

We listen very good.

chatterbox

For iSign.

Your jam, brother.

Thanks for the honest, albeit, negative feedback.

Life is full of positive and negative. Do you believe everything you do in life is going to garner positive praise?

If you read the testmonies about my book on my website, do you really think I am offset, depressed, or downtrodden, by negative feedback?

I have many, many clients. I make money. I have fun. Not everyone in this industry is going to like you.

Don't try to be popular. Be successful.

chatterbox

OldPaint,

Your opinions are very solid, and honest. Your tone is very acceptable, even though you do not like the design.

I appreciate that. Thanks for the feedback.

chatterbox

Tony, from OMGsideburns.

Sarcasm is easy 5,000 miles away.

I can't quit my job. I do the job of 5 people at Flynn Signs & Graphics, Inc. in Long Beach, CA. A company that has been in business for 70 plus years.

I write Gov't proposals. I just help win back the Edison International account. The number one utility company in the United States. And help win back the LA County Fire Department account, with over 100 fire departments. Quit my job. WHAT KIND of job do you do?

I am the lead designer of special projects. Did the design for the Orange Coast Yachts in Newport Beach, plus a host of others.

I love to hear some people make remarks about things they do not know.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.