• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Console Stuff

KForceOH

Hey guys we are doing PS3, Xbox 360, and Guitar Hero wraps around here like madding. We get around 30 bucks for the console and 20.00 for the controllers. 50.00 for 2 sq/f plus about 15 minutes of time. They sell like crazy around this area. Anyone else doing this custom stuff? I have templates for 360, PS3, Wii, Guitar Hero, and all the controllers. If anyone wants them I'd be glad to share them, they are setup to cut in versaworks already. We use 3M CTac with 3M overlam. I run them back through and cut then weed them and tape them, then I run them back through after taping and cut it again so you are just left with taped pieces of a puzzle pretty much. Makes it super easy for the enduser to put on. Thanks Guys.

Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_4125.jpg
    IMG_4125.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4131.jpg
    IMG_4131.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4135.jpg
    IMG_4135.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4137.jpg
    IMG_4137.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4139.jpg
    IMG_4139.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 124

KForceOH

Wow pm flood hahaha!! Here they are guys. They are in eps format. If you have any trouble with them let me know or if you want an ai or anything.

I don't want anything for them as some have asked, I may need a return favor someday and I am a fan of karma :)

I put them in a full package so the one zip file will get all of em for ya. The only thing that you have to trim is the 360 front faceplate. The holes for the memory cards are a little small. I made em that way as it seems to make lineup of the graphic a lot easier then just fold in it or shave it.

Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:

thewoodage

KForce - thanks for the templates, they look very good - let me know if you need anything, not sure where in Ohio you are but don't hesitate to ask a fellow O-H'er - go bucks!

ChiknNutz

...We use 3M CTac with 3M overlam. I run them back through and cut then weed them and tape them, then I run them back through after taping and cut it again so you are just left with taped pieces of a puzzle pretty much. Makes it super easy for the enduser to put on...

Clever...never thought about running them thru after taping. Thanks again for sharing these!

KForceOH

Clever...never thought about running them thru after taping. Thanks again for sharing these!

Thanks for that one. I just came up with the idea when I first did a guitar. It was hard to get lined up just right without seeing the holes, so I sat there and cut them out with a xacto, then I was like wait there is a 20K machine that does this for me lets try that haha, so I really discovered this out of sheer laziness haha. But it works REALLY well then you just weed the tape out, and it makes the "stickers" very firm for installation.

Kyle

k.a.s.

Hey thanks for the templates, I will probadly just mess with my own stuff. Let me know if you ever need anything from another Buckeye!

Kevin

BRUSHMARKS

I just got them and started messing with them got it in AI for cuts and did 2 designs already. They look great Thank You very much! Let me know if you ever need anything. Also where do you get all your designs for these? i am not the best when it comes to designing i just grab some aurora fills and some text usally. lol not much PS skills yet.

KForceOH

I just play around with stuff in illy til I got something I like. If they have a game theme they like for say call of duty, you can play the game and capture screen shots and use for art. any image that is around 1024 will work, just stretch it across the template and create a clipping mask. If you are really challenged there are plenty of stock photos out there for cheap. Glad I could help to. The templates I made from CAD experience. I used to do some autocad CNC milling for a machine shop around here so templates to me are pretty easy.

Kyle

tanneji

Man you are awesome! It's not even something I would have thought about doing. I was looking for a new faceplate for my 360 just the other day and was sorely disappointed at the price and design. This will really help as well seeing as we just landed a sign contract with a local video game retailer. Perhaps this is something they can sell and outsource to us .... Again thanks!

Joel

OADesign

wow too funny.

thanks for posting these.

whats ironic is i just payed some guy a yard for a similar set a month or so back.

TorturdChaos

Any chance I could get those saved as CS2. It wont let me open the .eps files you all ready linked, says they were created in newer version of Illustrator :(

Thanks

gabagoo

it's interesting to see this thread. My salesman from a large national distributor up here was just telling me of a company that does nothing but little wraps for ipods, iphones and blackberry's. What blew me away was that they sell them online and from what he said they don't stop selling. They sell so much of it they can buy direct from 3M. Their site has all the artwork which is custom created by inhouse artists. who woulda thunk? I will try and find the site again and post it. Thanks for the template my son will love it. I may also offer them for customers seeing that sales will probably start slumping in the next quarter