• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Derogatory Sign Request

Stacey K

I like making signs
If you do not want to do something because you feel it will come back on you, don't do it.
Like the guy who had strong religious beliefs and did not want to make the wedding cake for a certain couple.
I am sure that couple had a cake made by someone else just like the others here who do not overthink it.
Just hope after you refuse to make the sign for the cop he does not pull you over for a ticket in your small town.

LOL - the cake thing popped into my mind yesterday. I found out he's actually a state trooper so I probably won't see much of him in town...but I AM a speeder so there is reason to pull me over! A cop friend told me last night this guy is a real a$$ and to stay as far away from his drama as I can. As Dale911 stated, he probably won't get too far with this project once his superiors find out.

TimToad

As a wholesale sign printer, I’ll print whatever is requested. My reputation is on putting out quality product only since I don’t deal with retail customers. That aside, being a retired officer myself, I don’t believe any officer should be making a public opinion on anything, anywhere. It shows bias on something. He is obviously someone who carries a grudge and should not be an officer at all. If I were in the retail end of things, I’d probably take the order and then make a report to a superior officer about it. Officers get fired for putting opinions on websites. This is no different. All officers should be un-biased against all things or they will not be objective when they need to be. It is a difficult thing to do but is paramount to equal justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, police officers, NFL players, etc. don't relinquish their 1st Amendment rights when they sign up. I don't know why so many people are so willing to trade away other people's rights, but it never ends well for free and open societies.

We don't know the full story and in our small town, officers frequently stay in uniform going to and from work. He may have been off duty and it would suck if we were all held hostage in our jobs by what we do on our own time.

This officer may be at his rope's end trying to get the contractor to fix something and could very well be holding a grudge, but holding a grudge isn't illegal. It certainly shouldn't be a cause for firing.

Reporting him to his superiors is a sure fire way to turn a fairly small potatoes thing into a shiitestorm for the OP.

Marlene

Did you ask him what these builders did to him? Seems like this would be better settled in court. I've seen homemade signs that out a bad business but never professionally made one. We used to have a guy who painted "Lemon" and who sold it to him on an RV that he parked everyday at the mall.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The whole funny part of this entire thread is one simple fact.....​

The cop wants to do a smear campaign against said builder.

But all of these know-it-alls with their side of the story do just that..... they make up an entire story to back their side of something they know 100% nothing about. Why waste bandwidth with your ridiculous storylines ??

The answer is the OP ether does it or doesn't do it. The story has nothing to do with it. You were presented with the facts..... now just act on them..... and keep the useless baggage out of it.

Andy D

The whole funny part of this entire thread is one simple fact.....​

The cop wants to do a smear campaign against said builder.

But all of these know-it-alls with their side of the story do just that..... they make up an entire story to back their side of something they know 100% nothing about. Why waste bandwidth with your ridiculous storylines ??

The answer is the OP ether does it or doesn't do it. The story has nothing to do with it. You were presented with the facts..... now just act on them..... and keep the useless baggage out of it.

Not me...my back story is I don't give a sh*t, and for an extra $20 I would offer to have one of those Calvin cartoons peeing on their name ;)
But I do respect the fact you stick to what you believe is right!

ams

What kills me is the ferocious and aggressive persistence this guy displayed until he finally gave up and found another source. Plus, he has like six kids and drags them all out to wherever he is protesting. Kids should be out playing and making friends, not used as political props.

Mine didn't like the price and went elsewhere.