• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help redesigning our logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

crny1

Hello all,
We currently have a logo that I like. But I use the word like loosely. I like it but dont love it. I think it could use some tweaking. Here are my areas of concern. The A in altered with the circle around it. The word vinyl is small and the letters are small. I know I could just increase the font size but then it seems to get out of proportion. We are doing our emblem on a lot of embroidery stuff and its a terrible design for embroidery due to font size and letters so close. Any one have any suggestions? I would love to hear them or even have someone redo it completely. Thanks in advance.

Wes

attachment.php

Attachments

• alteredimagevinyl_namejpg.jpg
    alteredimagevinyl_namejpg.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 272

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I also, saw it as a weak looking 'C'.
Not good use of all lower case lettering, either. Perhaps a different type would work better. Why not experiment with some different type styles and see if any of them tickle your fancy a little more.

I see, by your profile, you have nothing to speak of, so why not develop something of your own and get a handle on design ??

Johnny Best

He is asking for help, not suggestions. Its the time of the year for giving, so why don't we give him what he asked for.
You guys are Bad Santas.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
We currently have a logo that I like. But I use the word like loosely. I like it but dont love it. I think it could use some tweaking. Here are my areas of concern. The A in altered with the circle around it. The word vinyl is small and the letters are small. I know I could just increase the font size but then it seems to get out of proportion. We are doing our emblem on a lot of embroidery stuff and its a terrible design for embroidery due to font size and letters so close. Any one have any suggestions? I would love to hear them or even have someone redo it completely. Thanks in advance.

Wes

attachment.php

He is asking for help, not suggestions. Its the time of the year for giving, so why don't we give him what he asked for.
You guys are Bad Santas.

No, it looks like he is looking for suggestions, to me. If the guy can't figure something out, we should try to educate him and let him learn on his own. Giving someone all the answers and help without any of his/her own input will do them no good at all. Yes, Christmas is the time for giving and we're trying to give him the ability to work through this on his own, so he can become good at it. Perhaps someday, he could return the favor and help the next guy down the road. Where he goes wrong is..... asking for someone to re-do it without going through the proper channels. He would be better taken if he offered payment for such services.

If he wanted to offer up a contest and suckers were willing to do work for nothing on this site, so be it, but he hasn't made any serious attempts, yet.

moc_os

i would drop the circle, i don't understand what it's doing other than pretending to be a C. also i would not only increase the font size on 'vinyl' but also use a different font to add more interest. and why is vinyl so small in the first place? is it not the main product?

crny1

Wow I go to the Dr and run a few errands and return to 13 replies!
No offense taken from anyone's suggestions, criticisms or ideas. You are all right and I dont know why the "C" is around the a. The C has nothing to do with us at all. My son and his friend (in school for graphic design) designed it as we were getting started and I just went with it for the time being because we had lots of work immediately upon starting. I honestly didn't care about it at first. Now I am at the point I need to refine or redo completely. And to be honest I am not against paying someone for a new design if it knocked my socks off. I still have work stacking up so part of me says to keep my eye on the prize and keep making money and pay someone else to do it. Then the other half of me says do it yourself and save money etc etc. Also to be quite frank I am terrible at designing from scratch. I just dont think my brain has that section wired right. I can however take a idea of a clients and run with it and make it how they envision it. Its that hurdle or cramp if you will to get the ball rolling for me that is the hardest.
Yes we are basically a sign shop but have a more niche market that we mainly cater too. Its mainly all large wraps. My last print was over 1200 minutes and it was just 1/4 of the job. We are starting to dabble with embroidery also.
Again, no offense taken. I know it wasn't a good design to begin with so that is why I am here asking for help.

Billct2

my suggestions is to hire someone (Like Signamigo or Jillbeans) to do the design, it will be a good investment in your business.

Johnny Best

my suggestions is to hire someone (Like Signamigo or Jillbeans) to do the design, it will be a good investment in your business.
Always like to hear someone suggest to me how to spend my money.
Do the logo yourself, what have you got to lose, time is about it. When I posted my logo a couple a weeks ago some people gave me all sort of suggestions, they even drew some out from google images.
So I am paying it forward.

Attachments

• altered.jpg
    altered.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.