• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help redesigning our logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I've already sent you an invoice, you are allowed 2 revisions to the design.

I only accept bitcoin.

player

Gino,
Understand where you are coming from. Not sure I completely agree though. For one I never said I wouldn't pay to have one done. I actually said I am not against paying someone. Not trying to start a war or anything, just stating the obvious.

Then hire someone to design your logo, not turn this site into Fiver. Your design skills are way too inexperienced to get some suggestions. You need a designer.

Johnny Best

Wimpy's Tuesday

Gladly have one today...

Attachments

• altered4.jpg
    altered4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 157

Cunning Linguist

IT's my first day in class, and I may be pissing in someone's cornflakes here, and no offense intended Gino, but sir...

crny's posts pretty much speak for themselves. No diatribe here, but... He never asked for services (and was/is willing to pay if someone came up with something), but you claim he's getting into peoples pockets...?!? Really? Wow. Just wow. Re-read every post of his and you'll soon realize (I would think) that you're just off-base my good man.

The fact of the matter is this... Some of us simply enjoy the design process. Couple that with an individual who has the desire to help someone else in our industry, especially with something so critical and sensitive as their company logo (and the branding it hopefully creates), and you've got one thing... A chance to make a difference.

Not everything has to be quid pro quo does it?

Now crny... I'm hell-bent to create you kick arse design, both in color and monochrome (which translates to much more cost efficient embroidery), for the low, low price of... Wait for it... FREE...!

Email me and I'll whip up something for you...!

Now Gino........ I'm sure your chili is running hot right about now, but here's food for thought:

One of the coolest members in Coreldraw Community now regularly corresponds with me (from Canada), and 95% of the time in an effort to "help me", in some way, and ya know what the kicker is...?

He does it in the same friggin' spirit with which I shall. Just being a nice guy...

Cunning Linguist

Then hire someone to design your logo, not turn this site into Fiver. Your design skills are way too inexperienced to get some suggestions. You need a designer.

Who are you to tell someone to hire someone to do their logo...? Wow - not sure I'll be sticking around for the sophmoric shennanigans.

He stated 'concept design' was his weak point, thus the need for a designer. Duh.

We're all sign people here... Is this a fraternity, or a WTF will you pay me to help out a bit...?

Anyone actually ever experienced the feeling when they see a brand they have created, especially for a budding young company that later flourishes, show up on their desk in a magazine, a golf shirt walking in their office, or a billboard. THAT is why I do what I do...

Now I've pissed away enough time explaining WHY you do it. On to doing it and giving this cat an awesome look!

crny - email me at dave@media1signs.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
IT's my first day in class, and I may be pissing in someone's cornflakes here, and no offense intended Gino, but sir...

crny's posts pretty much speak for themselves. No diatribe here, but... He never asked for services (and was/is willing to pay if someone came up with something), but you claim he's getting into peoples pockets...?!? Really? Wow. Just wow. Re-read every post of his and you'll soon realize (I would think) that you're just off-base my good man.

The fact of the matter is this... Some of us simply enjoy the design process. Couple that with an individual who has the desire to help someone else in our industry, especially with something so critical and sensitive as their company logo (and the branding it hopefully creates), and you've got one thing... A chance to make a difference.

Not everything has to be quid pro quo does it?

Now crny... I'm hell-bent to create you kick arse design, both in color and monochrome (which translates to much more cost efficient embroidery), for the low, low price of... Wait for it... FREE...!

Email me and I'll whip up something for you...!

Now Gino........ I'm sure your chili is running hot right about now, but here's food for thought:

One of the coolest members in Coreldraw Community now regularly corresponds with me (from Canada), and 95% of the time in an effort to "help me", in some way, and ya know what the kicker is...?

He does it in the same friggin' spirit with which I shall. Just being a nice guy...

You're not late to class. Just in the wrong classroom. Who cares what some CorelDraw guy does with you on the side ?? It ain't that kinda forum.

Like I said...... no skin off my teeth. While you are doing it for free and being a nice guy to crny, you're being a b@st@rd to quite a few designers on this site. Doesn't that bother you ?? If someone here started offering your clients free creations and free proofs and free whatever, how would you take it ?? Especially if was done right in front of your nose ??

And you're right..... HE didn't ask. YOU offered, not one but several freebies for him. How does that help him, let alone anyone else maybe looking for work who pay a membership for that privilege ??

I really don't care if you go behind closed doors and give him the classiest, neatest or coolest logo ever created, it was still done on a professional forum to help people in this business, not undermine everyone here who have worked hard to keep this place going and pull the rug out from under them.

Oh, and not choking on the chili, but don't swallow that tongue in your cheek, sir.

Johnny Best

Hey Gino, maybe some of the designers should give a free sample from some of their wares.
Does not have to be much, just a small taste. Because in my short time on here I have not seen to many nice logos being displayed.
And to Player, there is not enough talent on here to create a fiver group. Your just like the other guy, giving a suggestion on how someone else should spend their money.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
How does that help him, let alone anyone else maybe looking for work who pay a membership for that privilege ??

Can you actually name anyone who pays for that privilege?

... not undermine everyone here who have worked hard to keep this place going and pull the rug out from under them.

Are you including yourself in that group?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can you actually name anyone who pays for that privilege?

I don't want to mention names, but they exist.

My recollection was that one had the right to advertise what you did for the community by paying this 'Premium' subscription and if you went further, you got a Merchant Membership and could actively go after people needing quotes or work. Regardless, why would certain people pay this to have their website or all the other advertisements you have taken down without providing this payment to allow others to hawk their wares freely ?? That would be like all the trade booth guys at the sign show spending all that money to create business and some putz, goes up & down the aisles handing out cards and talking to people to use them, cause they're cheaper..... or free. Many of them here are doing it in hopes of getting work out of this place. When someone starts offering free stuff, wouldn't that take the other's ability away to do business here ??

Are you including yourself in that group?

Of course, to a degree..... but not where this thread is heading. No.

Why would so many people offer names of known designers here, whether they are good or bad and others chime in about invoices and revisions or turning this place into a $5. dollar store ??

I said several times I was not bashing the OP or the guy offering, but they are continuing to make fun of someone's living by offering it free. If someone wants to do something nice, why don't they just do it 100% behind closed doors and not make a mockery of the people trying to make a living doing this sort of work ?? A truly nice gesture needs not be advertised. It's between the maker and the recipient. Others need not be involved or have their noses rubbed in it.

Cunning Linguist

You're not late to class. Just in the wrong classroom. Who cares what some CorelDraw guy does with you on the side ?? It ain't that kinda forum.

Like I said...... no skin off my teeth. While you are doing it for free and being a nice guy to crny, you're being a b@st@rd to quite a few designers on this site. Doesn't that bother you ?? If someone here started offering your clients free creations and free proofs and free whatever, how would you take it ?? Especially if was done right in front of your nose ??

And you're right..... HE didn't ask. YOU offered, not one but several freebies for him. How does that help him, let alone anyone else maybe looking for work who pay a membership for that privilege ??

I really don't care if you go behind closed doors and give him the classiest, neatest or coolest logo ever created, it was still done on a professional forum to help people in this business, not undermine everyone here who have worked hard to keep this place going and pull the rug out from under them.

Oh, and not choking on the chili, but don't swallow that tongue in your cheek, sir.

Do explain Gino... Just what kind of forum is it? Looking at recent history, this is the ONLY forum (within Signs101) that has ANY activity.

And just how am I being a Bastihd to other designers here...? Last I check this isn't, wasn't, nor never was intended to be a forum for designers to secure projects/jobs, ergo, I am not talking food off the plate of designers across America. Toughen up son... You're soft. The wussification of America continues.

And jumped up Jesus on a friggin' popsicle stick...! You wrote it. You need to grasp it. I offered... He did not ask. Now, at that point - it's none of your dang business man, but your chest thumping and aimless ramblin drones on... "How does that help him...?" He gets a danged logo, branding, and a good starting point for a young up-and-comer. Free. Funny, but that seems like "help" to me... Need I consult Merriam Webster? **shrugs** And really Gino......... Is this really a "job opportunity" I am taking from some aspiring designer, or is this a few hours of work that you're butt-hurt over the idea of someone else doing. For free. (Which I truly believe crny will drop a hundy on me for my efforts - IF they're worthy)

Do you even read your own drivel...? You wrote: "...a professional forum to help people in this business..." Your words sir. That said, aren't I simply trying to help a person in this business? Color me vexed... And how....... PRECISELY Gino..... can I pull the rug out from under ANYONES feet...? Again... It's a friggin' logo Nancy. Not a dang career! Drama queen much...?

And lastly... How would MY hard work possibly undermine others "hard work"? FWIW - The ONLY work being here (other than by the web developers and the few maintaining the site) is the work being done by others, for others. From what I've seen, 99.44% of said work has really been FAVORS. You know. Done for FREE...! (Those liberal pinko commie limp-wristed junkies!) How dare they?!?

Dude... If you spent as much time actually "helping" this guy instead of pissing, moaning, and whining about those who are - we could have collaborated and come up with something brilliant...!

"Those busy rowing the boat never get scolded for rocking it..."

Now... If you'll excuse me from this "let's whip 'em out & see who the real man is" contest - I've got a design to do...

Ding - Ding...!!! Did you hear that...? Yep, school's sure 'nuff out! Run on home Jimmy... Momma's got a corn dog for ya... :corndog:

Johnny Best

Gino's quote: "If someone wants to do something nice, why don't they just do it 100% behind closed doors and not make a mockery of the people trying to make a living doing this sort of work ??"

Because part of doing art, be it playing a musical instrument, dance, designing signs or logos, etc. is performing to an audience.
I do not think anybody is mocking anyone. And if a free couple of logo quickies is going to wreak havoc on someone's business or as you say "to make a living", then they need to apply for a new job like I did.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do explain Gino... Just what kind of forum is it? Looking at recent history, this is the ONLY forum (within Signs101) that has ANY activity.

And just how am I being a Bastihd to other designers here...? Last I check this isn't, wasn't, nor never was intended to be a forum for designers to secure projects/jobs, ergo, I am not talking food off the plate of designers across America. Toughen up son... You're soft. The wussification of America continues.

And jumped up Jesus on a friggin' popsicle stick...! You wrote it. You need to grasp it. I offered... He did not ask. Now, at that point - it's none of your dang business man, but your chest thumping and aimless ramblin drones on... "How does that help him...?" He gets a danged logo, branding, and a good starting point for a young up-and-comer. Free. Funny, but that seems like "help" to me... Need I consult Merriam Webster? **shrugs** And really Gino......... Is this really a "job opportunity" I am taking from some aspiring designer, or is this a few hours of work that you're butt-hurt over the idea of someone else doing. For free. (Which I truly believe crny will drop a hundy on me for my efforts - IF they're worthy)

Do you even read your own drivel...? You wrote: "...a professional forum to help people in this business..." Your words sir. That said, aren't I simply trying to help a person in this business? Color me vexed... And how....... PRECISELY Gino..... can I pull the rug out from under ANYONES feet...? Again... It's a friggin' logo Nancy. Not a dang career! Drama queen much...?

And lastly... How would MY hard work possibly undermine others "hard work"? FWIW - The ONLY work being here (other than by the web developers and the few maintaining the site) is the work being done by others, for others. From what I've seen, 99.44% of said work has really been FAVORS. You know. Done for FREE...! (Those liberal pinko commie limp-wristed junkies!) How dare they?!?

Dude... If you spent as much time actually "helping" this guy instead of pissing, moaning, and whining about those who are - we could have collaborated and come up with something brilliant...!

Now... If you'll excuse me from this "let's whip 'em out & see who the real man is" contest - I've got a design to do...

Ding - Ding...!!! Did you hear that...? Yep, school's sure 'nuff out! Run on home Jimmy... Momma's got a corn dog for ya... :corndog:

:loveya: you're my new hero. No one's ever said my name so many times in one post. You da master. Anyway, let's see what he gets ?? Will you be as eager to show your progression as much as your mouth ?? In fact, you even write longer essays than me. :notworthy:

player

Gino's quote: "If someone wants to do something nice, why don't they just do it 100% behind closed doors and not make a mockery of the people trying to make a living doing this sort of work ??"

Because part of doing art, be it playing a musical instrument, dance, designing signs or logos, etc. is performing to an audience.
I do not think anybody is mocking anyone. And if a free couple of logo quickies is going to wreak havoc on someone's business or as you s ay "to make a living", then they need to apply for a new job like I did.

You just joined a few days ago. Having been here for years, this type of thread starts other threads and then it becomes the norm for amateurs and beginners to get free design work. It's obvious from the sample the OP first posted no amount of suggestions will help... They need to hire someone.

Cunning Linguist

I said several times I was not bashing the OP or the guy offering, but they are continuing to make fun of someone's living by offering it free.
How is doing a couple hour favor "making fun of someone's living by offering it free"... You're reaching for straws now sport model...

If someone wants to do something nice, why don't they just do it 100% behind closed doors and not make a mockery of the people trying to make a living doing this sort of work ?? A truly nice gesture needs not be advertised. It's between the maker and the recipient. Others need not be involved or have their noses rubbed in it.
Let me make sure I grasp your mindset...
If someone wants to "do something nice" - hide it. Shamefully. Don't set a good example for the community. Check...
Doing something nice "makes a mockery" of someone. Dipstick... It's a couple hour logo. NOT a friggin' career numbskull. *Eyes fall out of sockets while rolling backwards*
Dude....... WTF is your problem man? A truly nice gesture SHOULD be advertised. Not in a chest-thumping "look what I did" kind of way, but with genuinely helpful intention.

If you ever try it - you'll then know what it feels like to do something out of the kindness of your heart.

PS - I'm glad you're such a tough guy that you've made it your whole career on you own. No help from anyone. Ever. You're my hero...!

Now......... On to the house to pour a few fingers of:bushmill: and wash the memory of you away with the relaxing sounds of Mr. Marley. Irre Ittes my brother!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't want to mention names, but they exist.

My recollection was that one had the right to advertise what you did for the community by paying this 'Premium' subscription and if you went further, you got a Merchant Membership and could actively go after people needing quotes or work. Regardless, why would certain people pay this to have their website or all the other advertisements you have taken down without providing this payment to allow others to hawk their wares freely ?? That would be like all the trade booth guys at the sign show spending all that money to create business and some putz, goes up & down the aisles handing out cards and talking to people to use them, cause they're cheaper..... or free. Many of them here are doing it in hopes of getting work out of this place. When someone starts offering free stuff, wouldn't that take the other's ability away to do business here ??

Your recollection is confused at best and it's not your place to decide who is and who isn't posting in compliance or what measures up to your interpretation. This is what is shown above the Logo Design Forum:

Post logo designs for objective critique by members. It is highly recommended that you post what you have done already. Asking for ideas without first making your own effort will not get you as many replies.

It doesn't say anywhere in there that anyone needs to check with you for approval.

Following your line of thinking, no one should be allowed to offer help or advice for Flexisign because SAi offers training in the form of paid online tutorials. Likewise, no one shoud help a Roland owner with a repair because it might take business away from a Roland dealer. Etc., etc., etc.

Of course, to a degree..... but not where this thread is heading. No.

Why would so many people offer names of known designers here, whether they are good or bad and others chime in about invoices and revisions or turning this place into a $5. dollar store ??

I said several times I was not bashing the OP or the guy offering, but they are continuing to make fun of someone's living by offering it free. If someone wants to do something nice, why don't they just do it 100% behind closed doors and not make a mockery of the people trying to make a living doing this sort of work ?? A truly nice gesture needs not be advertised. It's between the maker and the recipient. Others need not be involved or have their noses rubbed in it.

The whole idea of the Logo Design forum is to enable WILLING members to help those who are seeking help. It isn't your place to determine or question their motives for doing so and you've managed to completely divert this thread from its primary purpose.

neil_se

My 2c:

1. Restrict your logo to 1-3 simple colours. There's no use having effects, shading, etc if you're only producing vinyl graphics and can't reproduce your own logo.
2. As pointed out earlier, changing your tagline to "Vinyl Signs & Graphics", Vinyl Signs & Wraps", etc makes it a lot clearer for your customers.
3. For practicality, try to keep the logo closer to 2:1 width:height, or create portrait and landscape logo versions.
4. There's no use portraying yourself as having skills beyond what you do, either design the logo yourself or make sure the designer is cluey enough to know your business and market. Take Kottwitz's fantastic logo, if that's the level you're displaying then your customers are going to expect your design skills to be at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.