• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help redesigning our logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hobbyist

attachment.php

Attachments

• AIV LOGO.jpg
    AIV LOGO.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 196

nikdoobs

Do most people get that you are a vinyl decal company? I would think the general population would think you were a record company. Is that all you do is vinyl?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's this sh!t ?? LED etch-a-sketch ?? New neon colors..................... :cool: hurts my eyes, I need shades.

crny1

Do most people get that you are a vinyl decal company? I would think the general population would think you were a record company. Is that all you do is vinyl?

Pretty much vinyl is all we do. We do not make 3d type signs or anything like that. Mainly large wraps. We have started dabbling with embroidery a very tiny bit.

Cunning Linguist

I'm more than happy to help, sans pissing moaning and whining about the definition of "help" or "suggestions"...

Do you want a "real" logo, or something more one-color oriented?

Here are our three (of a few) companies logos... (attached)

Attachments

• Media1Logo_17f.jpg
    Media1Logo_17f.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Title Block Logo.jpg
    Title Block Logo.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Wrap This Logo.jpg
    Wrap This Logo.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 153

crny1

I'm more than happy to help, sans pissing moaning and whining about the definition of "help" or "suggestions"...

Do you want a "real" logo, or something more one-color oriented?

Here are our three (of a few) companies logos... (attached)

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I am not stuck on a one color logo. We are going to do a lot of advertising via clothing with the logo embroidered on. So I was kind of hoping to come up with something like a full logo and then a simple spin off of it for the embroidery. Our MAIN clientele is the amusement business if that helps any.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wait a minute........................

Now, I know it's Christmastime and we're all in the spirit of giving, but this is getting downright stupid.

People want all kinds of information for free at this place. Fine and dandy, do it for free, so a tech doesn't get paid or some distributor is beat out of a little profit, but there are quite a few people here who design and create things for a living. It's no skin off my teeth, but either as a group we are hurting people who come here to get hired, or we're here to beat people outta getting paid for their services. I mean, C'mon, how callous can this place get ?? Everyone wants to help find cheaper ink, better deals on vinyl or by-pass a serious problem with their printer and fix it without really knowing what they're doing. I thought this was a place to exchange ideas, to find new technology and converse with your fellow tradesmen/gals. Sure, it gets testy around here, but it does everywhere else too, so why not feel safe on a site meant for our own ??

There are people here who would love to design for you, but they can't be in a free-for-all where you ask for the moon with your needs and wants in a logo and expect people to do this as a contest and maybe you pay the winner $50 or something.

How many threads have been about this very customer coming to them and requiring they submit this and that before they put a dollar on the table in good faith ?? Whadda we always say..... no money up front..... no design.

I'm not mocking the OP, but no one is defending ALL the people here who keep quiet as work goes right past their noses time and time again, because of freebie stuff ??

Show me where I'm wrong and I'll shut up, but this is just outta hand in my opinion.

:doh:

crny1

Gino,
Understand where you are coming from. Not sure I completely agree though. For one I never said I wouldn't pay to have one done. I actually said I am not against paying someone. Not trying to start a war or anything, just stating the obvious.

WildWestDesigns

So I was kind of hoping to come up with something like a full logo and then a simple spin off of it for the embroidery.

You don't necessarily have to do a "simple spin off" for embroidery. Even simple can get you into production trouble if you aren't careful. But you can get away with more then what people seem to think, as long as during the design phase, you realize what can or can't be done. What rules can be broken, what rules can be bent and what rules need to be left alone.

Simple in of itself doesn't mean that it will translate into production ready stitch files. Go too thin, too small, no matter how simple it is, it may not turn out like you want.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As I said, this was not a tongue lashing geared towards you. You need not agree with me. However, as it moves forward, you are submitting more and more needs or wants in your logo.... as in post #32. It's something that creeps into almost every one of these kinda threads. It was also mentioned for you to contact certain individuals numerous times..... did you try that ??

Those are the people I'm talking about. They are here and waiting to be asked and in some cases sending PM's. But who is gonna turn down free ?? Especially if it's good.

Just for instance, you've gotten quite a few silly and some serious entries already. Suppose you see something you like ?? Fine, you pay the person, but it's not how this industry works. You shouldn't have the ability to choose between 10 different designers and pay a mere pittance for the end result. That's not fair to the people who have company policies and stick to their guns as the rest of the sign people do.

You say you're getting into embroidery..... do you create 10 or 15 possibilities, and hope the person says, yes ?? Then, only collect $50 for 4 hours of time ??

See, the overall position here is, you've received maybe 5 hours worth of people's time combined, but only pay one person for their effort.

Like in most businesses, the groundwork/paperwork is signed off on and then whatever policies need be followed, you adhere to. Here, the way you've handled it..... its a free for all. The only chance you take is no one will submit anything good, but then, it doesn't matter, as you have not a red cent invested.

There is no simple answer to doing this, I merely brought it up, as there are many people getting shafted with this method. :peace!:

Johnny Best

Gino, you running for some political office. Free is the new norm. Plus your hijacking a thread.

From CNSNews.com: But the
living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled
percent of all
309,467,000 people
living in the United States at that time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, not:thread this one. I didn't come in a backdoor and blindside anyone. I've been inside the whole time and watched this flower unfold. Turning into poison ivy, cause I see a lotta people scratching their heads.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, you running for some political office. Free is the new norm. Plus your hijacking a thread.

From CNSNews.com: But the
living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled
percent of all
309,467,000 people
living in the United States at that time.

psst....... politics are verboten here. No problem, I got your drift. Good luck in Nebraska or wherever you're going. Gets mighty cold out there this time of the year. Colder than Buffalo, especially this year.

crny1

As I said, this was not a tongue lashing geared towards you. You need not agree with me. However, as it moves forward, you are submitting more and more needs or wants in your logo.... as in post #32. It's something that creeps into almost every one of these kinda threads. It was also mentioned for you to contact certain individuals numerous times..... did you try that ??

Those are the people I'm talking about. They are here and waiting to be asked and in some cases sending PM's. But who is gonna turn down free ?? Especially if it's good.

Just for instance, you've gotten quite a few silly and some serious entries already. Suppose you see something you like ?? Fine, you pay the person, but it's not how this industry works. You shouldn't have the ability to choose between 10 different designers and pay a mere pittance for the end result. That's not fair to the people who have company policies and stick to their guns as the rest of the sign people do.

You say you're getting into embroidery..... do you create 10 or 15 possibilities, and hope the person says, yes ?? Then, only collect $50 for 4 hours of time ??

See, the overall position here is, you've received maybe 5 hours worth of people's time combined, but only pay one person for their effort.

Like in most businesses, the groundwork/paperwork is signed off on and then whatever policies need be followed, you adhere to. Here, the way you've handled it..... its a free for all. The only chance you take is no one will submit anything good, but then, it doesn't matter, as you have not a red cent invested.

There is no simple answer to doing this, I merely brought it up, as there are many people getting shafted with this method. :peace!:

I think the part you are missing is the fact that I never came on here looking for someone to do it for free. I asked for help or suggestions in redesigning and people took it upon them selves to make up those logos and use their own time. I stated that I wasnt against starting over. Again, I never asked for a bunch of people to do it and then I would pay the one I like.
Yes I have contacted the parties that were mentioned and none have returned a email or message. I am not saying they wont eventually contact me but so far they havent. In the mean time if someone wants to help then so be it. Why are people wrong by wanting to help? Ultimately I thought forums were created to talk to each other and help each other? I guess I have been wrong all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.