• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for that HP L25500 in your sign shop?

SqueeGee

We're looking at the HP L25500 and I'm curious what others have paid, what they received for that price, when they purchased and who from. Is that asking too much? :smile:

I'm not a very tough negotiator so it would be helpful to have some kind of baseline.

HulkSmash

i paid 13,500 for a demo unit that was 4 months old. With that i got free round of heads, 1 round of free inks plus the inks in the machine... which are full.. 1 year warranty.

New, you;re looking 16.5

CS-SignSupply-TT

I am curious about the HP latex printers and the end user decision matrix. Are you buying the latex printer because of its GREEN characteristics? Are you buying the latex printer because it is HP? Are you buying the latex printer because the HP product offering is latex in the roll printer category? Are you buying the latex printer because the HP printer lineup is more expensive after the latex printer?

MikePro

I am curious about the HP latex printers and the end user decision matrix. Are you buying the latex printer because of its GREEN characteristics? Are you buying the latex printer because it is HP? Are you buying the latex printer because the HP product offering is latex in the roll printer category? Are you buying the latex printer because the HP printer lineup is more expensive after the latex printer?
because its a LATEX PRINTER! which just happens to be by HP

HulkSmash

I'm going to sound like a jackass, but oh well.
Dont give a damn that it's green! :)

It's all about the quality and drying time. It's new technology, that will
soon spread to other name brand printers.. HP just beat them to it.

SqueeGee

I realize that I'm encouraging the hijacking of my own thread by responding, but...:smile:

My interest in the printer is that we won't have to worry about solvent fumes in our workplace and we won't have to wait for prints to outgas. My understanding is that the color gamut is wider than the JV3 solvent machine we currently have. I also understand that it does well under stretching(wraps). Lastly, I can probably market the "green" aspects to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.

In terms of HP - I view them as a strong, reputable company but I'm more impressed with the satisfied owners on this board.

My concerns are compatibility with Onyx(since that's what we already know) and the take up reel.

For anyone who's comfortable sharing, please don't forget to answer the questions in the original post!

VTSigns

Mine is being installed today. I got mine from Northlight Color. I paid $15,140 and then $995 for setup/installation. I was originally quoted $16,140 but then the salesperson said HP was giving $1000 off if you had been to a NBM Show in the last year. I hadn't been to a show but I told them I wasn't buying if they didn't give me the $1000 off. The printer came with a full set of ink and short rolls of various medias. From the time I gave a deposit it was 7 business days when the installer showed up (today).

WrapperX

Where the HP makes in Green technology - they lose in Green or Sustainable power usage. This thing uses a TON of energy. The heat required to evaporate the water based inks is intense. And it has to do it in a space shorter then 12" so I don't care how "green" it claims to be - doing the research will show you that the inks maybe better for the environement but you are consuming more electricity/power to run your machine.

Now for performance - It's great! To be able to handle prints minutes after they run is excellent. On vinyl, stretching hasn't been an issue - althoug, you're not supposed to be stretching the vinyl - Colors look great, very hard to see banding with the way that the ink is layed down. Well worth it because it's a quality machine.

we had a side by side demo on this machine and the vp540i last summer. we went with the roland.

one of the down factors for me was we would have had to install a 220v power supply just for the machine. it uses a ton of energy, the heaters are crazy, it has loads of them on the front! also hp/our supplier recommends you get a fire extinguisher for the printer.

TedNes

HP lose in Green or Sustainable power usage. This thing uses a TON of energy. The heat required to evaporate the water based inks is intense. And it has to do it in a space shorter then 12" so I don't care how "green" it claims to be - doing the research will show you that the inks maybe better for the environement but you are consuming more electricity/power to run your machine.

Oh yes, many complaints from my customers as to how hot this thing makes the shop.....that, and the running joke that you'd better keep a fire extinguisher beside the machine!....

As for latex being green, it does not have the harsh smell of solvents, but there are still chemicals becoming airborne, don't kid yourself.....air exchange in any room with a printer is a must....

Lastly, latex, an elastomer, comes from Hevea trees....it is a renewable resource with some limitations....

HulkSmash

Oh yes, many complaints from my customers as to how hot this thing makes the shop.....that, and the running joke that you'd better keep a fire extinguisher beside the machine!....

As for latex being green, it does not have the harsh smell of solvents, but there are still chemicals becoming airborne, don't kid yourself.....air exchange in any room with a printer is a must....

Lastly, latex, an elastomer, comes from Hevea trees....it is a renewable resource with some limitations....

It only adds excitement to your job description

Bly

I saw the output from the latex printers.
It looked like some kind of waxy film was on the inks which everyone denied.
I'm installing my third Roland this week.
Outgassing? We laminate half an hour out of the printers and haven't had a failure yet.