• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for that HP L25500 in your sign shop?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol not quite. If you think the Latex inks are like all the solvent/eco solvent inks then your mistaken.

signswi

yea...thats like saying biodeisel is more green than oil based desiel because its made with plants. this is only an opinion and im not saying its a right or wrong opinion, but my point is there is not some agency thats certifying these as green.

again wheather its here for a while or not remains to be seen.

mark galoob

HP Latex Inks produces odorless prints that meet the GREENGUARD Childen & Schools standard for low emitting
products and AgBB criteria for health related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products.
http://h10088.www1.hp.com/gap/download/Make_a_big_impression_and_go_green_with_HP_Latex_prints_2010_A4.pdf

Hicalibersigns

We opened our doors in April. We chose the HP L25500 over the Roland for a number of reasons.

1. Built in take up (adds significant cost to the Roland)
2. User maintainable / changeable print heads
3. Much simpler easier maintenance.
4. Print Quality
5. Support. (we just had a print head failure. The display said the head had failed and also told us that it was still in warranty. HP sent us not just the bad head, but a whole set, free for nothing)
6. No wait time for lamination (time saved is money saved)
7. Reporting capabilities. (the machine via its web interface will tell you how much media, ink and electricity was used on each job).
8. Green Marketability. (HP has tons of web presence regarding this, they have a good recycle program..i.e. they pay for return of heads and materials)

While we may argue all day about what is actually "greener", HP's marketing of their green capability wins hands down.

The only downside is that we did have to install 2 220vac outlets, and I chose to install surge protected outlets. This cost us $750.00.

We have found very little not to like so far.

gnemmas

The only green claim is the ink. For profit purpose HP still choose the ink cartridge versus bulk ink system.

We are waiting for the third party bulk ink system. Sam-ink, keep on improving..., we will see you in 8 month when our warranty is over.