• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L210 Delivered Damaged

Ditchmiester

We received our new L210 last week and assembled it prior to install per Advantage Signs instructions but once we got it all together and in place and started taking the tape off mad all the covering we noticed the housing and door on the right side was bent and partially falling off. I contacted advantage and HP and both companies agreed the best course of action is to replace the printer to prevent any issues that might arise later on. I have always had faith in Advantage and spend a good deal of money with them every year on supplies and I'm hoping they are as good as I think they are and this will get resolved quickly and painlessly. Will keep you updated.

FatCat

Yup, I agree this is the best course of action as well. You can't know if the printer was dropped or damaged by the shipper, or somewhere else along the line. That said, there is no way of knowing how hard a hit the printer took when the damage happened, and as such if there is any other damage that was caused. I think Advantage and HP are doing things right in your case. Sucks to have to wait a while longer, but I would rather have the piece of mind.

ProColorGraphics

When I got my L210, my first one was damaged too. We got it all setup and started it and noticed the top was all dented in. To the point that the carriage barely moved. So it even bent the rod the carriage moves on. They did the same with me. They wanted to replace it. It took a week or so for everything to get taken care of and the new one sent, but it wasn't bad. That was like 4 months ago and I was told then that the supply of those was VERY low as they were phasing that model out. They told me this cheaper version didn't sell as good as they hoped. When I got mine, I added the take up real and it was still several thousand cheaper than the L260, so I was fine with it since it was essentially the same printer.

johnnysigns

Went through this with a Mutoh some years ago too with Advantage, they replaced the printer no questions asked.

phototec

Wow, because this happened twice to two different printer, I would think that would cause the manufacture to revalue their packaging for shipping.

When Roland shipped my SP-450V from Calif. to Texas, it was packaged really good and had many bright notices all over the outer box (on a long custom made pallet), saying DELICATE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, also had TITLT and DROP indicators on the outside of the large box, which would indicate any mishandling.

:smile:

Ditchmiester

I'm hoping they treat me the same. I've been told they are out of L210s. I'm hoping we can work out a deal on an L260 replacement. I really don't want to keep this printer.

johnnysigns

In our case someone put a forklift skid through the crate and directly into the motherboard of the press during shipping. Not much to fault Advantage and/or Mutoh's packaging.

Ditchmiester

This was technically the shipping companies fault that they dropped it. But I'm hoping advantage does right by the situation.

Robert Gruner

My best advice :)

Every authorized HP Latex L210, L260, L280 Reseller (including Advantage) is required by HP to perform INSTALLATION and TRAINING. An end user who purchases one of these printers and then proceeds to uncrate and set up said printer is risking opening Pandora's Box.

If physical damage to printer box is evident at install, then take photo's, note on shipping manifest, and call the reseller; otherwise, WAIT for reseller to send tech out to uncrate and install printer.

I'm pretty sure things will work out for you.

ProColorGraphics

I got lucky. The tech was here when mine was dropped off. There wasn't any damage to the crate on mine either. He made notes, took pics and called HP right away. Neither one of us had no clue anything was wrong until it was setup. I guess either way, it was replaced. I thought that was good that it was by request from HP too.

Ditchmiester

The HP tech I talked to also said the best course of action was to replace it but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any more L210 in stock and that might be an issue. My sales rep is coming out tomorrow to go over our options and take a look at the printer. I do have pictures from the day the printer was delivered showing the damaged pallet I should have a resolution to this tomorrow. Will keep you all updated.