• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L210 Delivered Damaged

HulkSmash

The HP tech I talked to also said the best course of action was to replace it but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any more L210 in stock and that might be an issue. My sales rep is coming out tomorrow to go over our options and take a look at the printer. I do have pictures from the day the printer was delivered showing the damaged pallet I should have a resolution to this tomorrow. Will keep you all updated.

Out of stock?

ProWraps

actually, not the case adam. the 210s were discontinued a while ago, and all that is left is what each individual vendor has in current inventory.

if that particular vendor sold through theirs, then yes, they are out of stock.

edit: after mentioning adams uneducated reply to him, he changed it.

HulkSmash

actually, not the case adam. the 210s were discontinued a while ago, and all that is left is what each individual vendor has in current inventory.

if that particular vendor sold through theirs, then yes, they are out of stock.

Why thank-you Christopher.

edit: Chris is mad i'm always right.

Ditchmiester

That's what I asked for. I'll find out tomorrow what they are offering. In my mind that's the obvious thing to do. I already purchase all my inks and media and maintenance supplies for the L26500 we have from Advantage. Now we aren't the biggest digital shop out there but we just bought our second printer (the damaged one) this year. We are pushing more through it than ever. I really hope they do the right thing.

Ditchmiester

Talked to my Advantage rep today and didn't getting he answers I was hoping to get. Will have hard numbers Monday but looks like we will have to put out another 2K to upgrade to an L260 bc they won't have L210's until the beginning of March. Hopefully we can get the new L260 delivered next week so we can be up and running.

HulkSmash

Talked to my Advantage rep today and didn't getting he answers I was hoping to get. Will have hard numbers Monday but looks like we will have to put out another 2K to upgrade to an L260 bc they won't have L210's until the beginning of March. Hopefully we can get the new L260 delivered next week so we can be up and running.

lol. I hope Advantage can step up. They should upgrade you for your hassle.

ProWraps

I would be very hard pressed to think that any retailer and or vendor wouldnt step up to the plate in this scenario.

Time is the tough part. but each link in the chain has to react. Sadly it takes time.

I think your vendor will do you right.

We just ordered from advantage for the first time.

80 lbs of carbon replacements for our air scrubbers.

They did good.

I hope and Im sure they will take care of you as well.

Let us know how it plays out.

Ditchmiester

ProWraps,

Advantage has been our primary media, ink, and replacement parts supplier for the last 2 years that we have been digital printing. This is our Second Machine we have purchased from them. We will eventually move up to a flatbed and CET is on the top of our list. I really would think over 2 thousand dollars they would just do the right thing and replace the printer with a brand new HP L260. I however don't get the feeling they are going to.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why don't you call another supplier and buy the machine through them and send them a message? This industry is primarily about service and not so much about price... if you aren't getting the service you deserve I'm sure there are many hungry suppliers out their waiting to take a bite out of their competition.

Ditchmiester

Why don't you call another supplier and buy the machine through them and send them a message? This industry is primarily about service and not so much about price... if you aren't getting the service you deserve I'm sure there are many hungry suppliers out their waiting to take a bite out of their competition.

I'm waiting until Monday when my rep is supposed to have hard numbers and timelines on when this can be fully resolved. Now if they say it will be two weeks or something ridiculous to get a new printer then yeah that will definitely be something I look into. I know there are plenty of other companies out there looking to sell these machines and receive all of my ink and media business as well. The other crappy part about this is I purchased this printer before Christmas and was received before Christmas but because of the holidays they couldn't get anyone out to install it until last week. now i'm almost a month into owning this printer and it still isn't printing (making money)

ProWraps

tell them your intentions and your expectations. firmly.

give them a hard deadline and act accordingly.

let them know that if they dont make it right, they will take the printer back and you will purchase from another vendor.

firm doesnt have to be threatening and their response doesnt have to be accepted.

i think you will be ok.

you can always mention this thread. it definately helps.

phototec

tell them your intentions and your expectations. firmly.

give them a hard deadline and act accordingly.

let them know that if they dont make it right, they will take the printer back and you will purchase from another vendor.

firm doesnt have to be threatening and their response doesn't have to be accepted.

i think you will be ok.

you can always mention this thread. it definately helps.

ProWraps is 1000% correct!

Also because of your loss of income:
(The other crappy part about this is I purchased this printer before Christmas and was received before Christmas but because of the holidays they couldn't get anyone out to install it until last week. now i'm almost a month into owning this printer and it still isn't printing (making money).

They should UPGRADE you at NO additional cost!

I would not pay the additional 2K, stand your ground!

Don't let them bully you.

Yes, you need a printer quick, and that means they will be holding the cards, and force your hand!

However, I would start searching for another vendor who has a 210 in stock, that way you will have an option (counter), if they don't do the RIGHT thing.

It's NOT your fault they are OUT of stock, it is their fault and they need to step up and make it right, even if they have to eat the 2K.

Tell them we are all watching to SEE how they work this out......:omg:

Good Luck...............

Robert Gruner

LOL...just tell your reseller to send you an L260 WITHOUT the auto-roll take-up which is always packed separately anyway.

Later, when L210 available again, the reseller can order one and package it with his spare take-up and he now has a L260.

Most of my clients print to the floor with their L25000, L26500, or L260. Occasionly when reunning overnight or long banner runs, they will print to roll feed. I advise my clients to purchase the L210 and offer to sell them a third party roll take-up that costs under $500. :)

tomence

LOL...just tell your reseller to send you an L260 WITHOUT the auto-roll take-up which is always packed separately anyway.

Later, when L210 available again, the reseller can order one and package it with his spare take-up and he now has a L260.

Most of my clients print to the floor with their L25000, L26500, or L260. Occasionly when reunning overnight or long banner runs, they will print to roll feed. I advise my clients to purchase the L210 and offer to sell them a third party roll take-up that costs under $500. :)

That's a bad advice buddy

3rd party take up reels never work as they should. You have to constantly readjust the tension. If you want to speed up production you need the original take up reel even though it's more money it is worth every penny.

Robert Gruner

tomence,

Which part was BAD advice?

Ask your reseller to provide you with L260 (without take-up)?

or

Purchase a MOTORIZED third party take-up (for under $500) that maintains TENSION quite adequately on many L25000's which had a real cheesy OEM take-up? Don't be too quick to assume that all third party devices are junk? :)

HP makes a really nice margin on their optional take-up for L210 customers...especially since it is the same as the non optional take-up on the L260.

Bly

Good lord isn't this sorted yet?

The thing would have been insured so any supplier worth their salt would have made the sale right to keep the customer onboard, then sorted out the paperwork later.

Ditchmiester

So it has finally been sorted out. I will be receiving a brand new L210 on Wednesday. They lucked into one more in stock. I'm still not happy with Advantage Sign Supply and will be shopping my inks and media. Any suggestions?