• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm Back

kapelskic

Alright, as some of you may know, I posted some work on here awhile back and got a pretty big, mostly helpful, beat down. So, I am back for round 2. I did some research on layout, design process and other things and came up with a basic design. The attached design is just in the layout stage, I will be adding color in the next stage and effects in the last stage, but I would like to get some opinions on the layout and text choices. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks to everyone who helps in advance!

Chris

Attachments

• Blacklight3.jpg
    Blacklight3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 149

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
rave?... (put on overalls, tall hat, gets box of pacifiers, a jar of Vicks and glow sticks)

kapelskic

It will eventually be a part of a flyer for a dance. I wanted to make a nice logo for the header before I messed up the rest of the flyer. It will be rave-ish, but without the ecstasy, I hope. I guess I should have given these details in the beginning. I always was bad at giving details....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand why your letter outlines don't continue with their respective letters. It looks as though you took the easy route and just did an outline around the entire image. That's probably gonna suck when you start adding colors.

Jillbeans

What's the Vicks for?

It reads really awkwardly.
It is not a bad idea, but I would move the "X" down and snug up the mi er into the waist of the X.
Then try BLACK LIGHT on top.
Love....Jill

kapelskic

You guys are hilarious, but does anyone besides Jillbeans and Gino actually have something to say about the design layout and text choices??

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Cant say anything about the "logo" without knowing more... there is a whole culture of club graphics and each genre has a look... need more info....

Oh and

What's the Vicks for?

It reads really awkwardly.
It is not a bad idea, but I would move the "X" down and snug up the mi er into the waist of the X.
Then try BLACK LIGHT on top.
Love....Jill

When taking the drug Extasy, your senses are heightened, applying Vicks enhances the senses... not that I would know. I have never done drugs, any drug that messes with a mans "performance" (like extacy) is not my idea of a good time. This is probably why there is a massive need for the lil' blue pill now...

kapelskic

Well i am not sure what other info to give. The graphic will be the header of a dance flyer. I am sure there will be all sorts of music including techno, rap, other dance music...lol. The event will be basically just a huge dance with an emphasis on the "mixer" (meeting new people) part. Oh, and it is geared towards the college crowd.

SignManiac

Who are the headline DJ's? Rap doesn't really work well with techno. And a rave just isn't a rave without some droogs to keep you dancing all night long until the after
party and then sunrise. Vick's is good to blow you up Jill, it refreshes your sensory perceptions.

As far as the logo goes, the mixer part looks awkward in that space. The negative holes between the lower part of the X and smaller mi----er letters bothers my eye.

GoodPeopleFlags

Nitrous = hippy crack. At least that's what we call it at Jam Band shows. heehee.

As for the logo, it's ok. A little busy. The "X" is a little overpowering. You're getting better!