• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm Back

Pat Whatley

Not working for me. The X just looks out of place. Maybe if it was dropped down some. Right now I see BLACK X LIGHT MIXER

HaroldDesign

I don't care for how I executed this, but it gives an idea...

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 142

kapelskic

Thanks for the comments so far everyone. Caleb, thanks for the color suggestion. I will be adding color once they layout is perfected.

Can we get some of the big designers in here to comment?

kapelskic

It is slightly off center to fall in between Black Light...i am hoping that doesn't become a problem when i get to the color and effects stages.

Kwiksigns

wookie

SignManiac

The X in the middle of Black Light just doesn't seem to work. It needs to be an integral part of the word mixer or else your eye doesn't perceive it properly.

Even with a little tweaking on my end it doesn't really work. I think you need a different approach.

Cyberfest 2000 was the last big one I attended. Yes they're smaller these days but they're still around.

Attachments

• black light.jpg
    black light.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 153

signgal

I don't hate it... i mean, I can see what you're after. Try a different graffitti-esque "x" with a slant to it so that both of the upstrokes don't go into "blacklight". Then your centering won't be so much an issue, the two words can be closer together and do what Jill suggested (why would anyone NOT do what Jill suggests?!) and move the "mi---er" into the waist of the "X"

you asked...

Mader Design

The X def needs to be worked out, it reads Black X Mixer to me as well. Maybe glow sticks crossed to form the X? Just an idea. Since raves and mixers are all about green glow sticks.

OldPaint

BACK ON THE FARM.........we used to rub VICKS in MALE HORSES nose, if there was a female in season, in the area........then the males couldnt smell em...........

kapelskic

I like the glow sticks idea.... and i can definitely see how it reads that way. Any one else have some suggestions??? Thanks to all that have contributed so far!

kapelskic

Revisions

Okay thank you for those who input ideas. I took them all into consideration and reworked the design. Here is a revised version. Any comments? Is it better or worse than the original? I appreciate all the wonderful feedback!!!

Chris

Attachments

• Blacklight_Revised.jpg
    Blacklight_Revised.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 135

kapelskic

I agree I think it reads better. Light sabers...lol...They are hand drawn glow sticks, I cant help they look the same!

Mader Design

The outline around the "light sabers" doesn't look right. Also, tone down the glowing effect on the glow sticks. Too much does much them look like a light saber. Try not glow at all, but using some highlights on the sticks. The glow looks corny.

Mader Design

The glow sticks just look like a picture that was pasted into the drawing. I'm not sure they glow stick are going to work. They may work if they were designed a lot different, but this way just isn't working at all. The outline around the sticks don't look right either.

Pat Whatley

BACK ON THE FARM.........we used to rub VICKS in MALE HORSES nose, if there was a female in season, in the area........then the males couldnt smell em...........

Back on the farm you used to manually masturbate caged animals for artificial insemination.

Pat Whatley

Much better look to the design. I'd still like to see the MI and ER tucked into the X a little more but that's just me.

BobM

OPee, )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) your information base knows no bounds. Good job.............))))))))))))))))).