• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Decisions - Banners we Offer

stickerman12

Mosh, so how would you like it if someone in your area started selling beans for $5.00/bushel and said they do it because they like to play in the dirt and don't need to make any money out of it.

I don't think you understand your video. It is talking about the relationship an employer with the employee. The company itself is the one making the bucks which is you. Employees will work hare to get to the top and when they get there, they get slack. In my 20 years experience I have found out that if I am getting a fair amount for a job I will take more time on it to make it a better product but if I am losing money on it, I want to get it out the door and move on to something else that is profitable.

Desert_Signs

In my 20 years experience I have found out that if I am getting a fair amount for a job I will take more time on it to make it a better product but if I am losing money on it, I want to get it out the door and move on to something else that is profitable.

True, but oh so wrong. It's human nature, but you gotta fight to overcome it. Success must be re-earned every day by exceeding customer expectations.* If you sold a job that you're not making enough money on, it's your fault, don't take it out on the customer.

:wink:

*Howard Schultz, CEO Starbucks

CentralSigns

I get 108.00 for a 3 x 8 banner....But at that price I lose more sales than I keep....

Dude where's the markup? Calgary is $10 per sq all day(T3) we get $8 per sq. and are raising it in new year, our shop in the Red Deer Oil patch gets $15 per Sq. Who you competing against, that you have to get so low. I think you might be leaving your wallet on the table.

royster13

I think the prices are far different for "instant" versus for folks that have time to order in....Most of my sales are to folks that have time to wait....I do not compete on "quick" like they can get from a local shop...."Quick" usually can command a higher price...

skyhigh

I only eat beans, and make those around me suffer the consequences. (I hope they wern't Mosh beans)

Read the previous posts Brian, and maybe you won't be so confused :help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Mosh, so how would you like it if someone in your area started selling beans for $5.00/bushel and said they do it because they like to play in the dirt and don't need to make any money out of it.

I don't think you understand your video. It is talking about the relationship an employer with the employee. The company itself is the one making the bucks which is you. Employees will work hare to get to the top and when they get there, they get slack. In my 20 years experience I have found out that if I am getting a fair amount for a job I will take more time on it to make it a better product but if I am losing money on it, I want to get it out the door and move on to something else that is profitable.

This is by far the funniest post I've seen in a long time. Someone trying to make sense with mushputz. Actaully trying to reason with him on some level. :ROFLMAO:

sticker.......... you're obviously new and have not yet figured out arguing with mushputz is like a mouse peeing in the ocean..... it won't have any effect whatsoever.... and besides, he just likes to post to boost his bean count. He's a beaner !! :unclesam:

Salmoneye

I make $7sf signs (because I like it too), we include the design and provide our banners full color on 13oz with grommet placement that the customer desires and hemmed with banner tape. Takes about 10minutes for us to hem and grommet. We are not the lowest in town but take pride in the ones that we do turn out.

That is exactly what I meant, just build it in with the price don't add it on. That is what is needed to provide a finished banner so it is all in the price.
I'm not even going to bother getting into charging for squeegees. lol

oh haha I guess I originally missed what you were trying to say, sorry!

That's outstanding. Seriously. I don't know anyone even approaching anywhere near that. You really get $240 for a 3x8 banner?

That's right around how much we get for that size banner

kstompaint

Well, when bean prices get too low I get a governmet sub check, thanks democrats....
Mosh beat me to this one. It's the first thing that came to mind when I got to his " I just do it 'cause I like to" comment. We should all be happy that we can live in a place where we can bust our *** to subsidize a hobbyist to under cut us.

... 3 asterisk... really? I guess no threads about donkeys.

stickerman12

ragedracer- Of course it is human nature. That was my point! But if you have never lost money on a job you must be new to this. It can be your fault or other problems. Also, I said I WANT to get it out the door and move on but have also learned to do it right and move on but it makes you feel better when you do good and get paid good.

Mosh - Maybe you haven't heard yet but we do not get a government check it this business and I do not think you would in the bean biz just because some idiot wanted to sell them half price. You remind me of one of my competetors down the street that will do 1 full color 2s coro for 10 bucks or 5 for 25. Every time I run into them they say they are a wholesale company when they don't know what the word means.

Gino- I was trying to help this bent I mean bean farmer to get his beans to sprout but it is useless if he did't plant em.

stickerman12

Oh yeah I am constantly getting customers come to me to redo my competitors work because #1- they can't get them to finish it #2- It was wrong or they did't like their work.

Desert_Signs

ragedracer- Of course it is human nature. That was my point! But if you have never lost money on a job you must be new to this. It can be your fault or other problems. Also, I said I WANT to get it out the door and move on but have also learned to do it right and move on but it makes you feel better when you do good and get paid good.

Oh yeah. Bled like a stuck pig. :wink:

But I still did a job I was proud of. I was just agreeing that it's human nature to give less effort if you're getting less reward. You just gotta figure out how not to let that instinct beat you.