• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new logo... after some hard thinking and a little advice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlick Designs

I hope this doesn't turn out like the last post :)

opinions??

I'm not asking "which one" to use as ill use them all for different applications (if I get a few good reactions & I'm not way off track)

Attachments

• newest2.jpg
    newest2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Untitled-23.jpg
    Untitled-23.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 139
you mean if your just looking at the thumbnail without enlarging it??

No. It reads 'Sicjns". That script is horribly unreadable. The title should be "after little thinking and a lot of advice", because that's how I see this attempt. I'm not trying to bust your balls here, but why on earth are you posting the same design you already posted in the previous thread? Hopefully you would have figured out by now that this doesn't work. Nothing noticeable has been changed with this 'new' example. You've got the same two crappy fonts, and you even added a second graphic element separate from the bear element. This is just another textbook example of bad logo design.

I don't get the concept of using all of these logos on different things, either. You need one logo, rendered in both color and black and white for various applications. Branding is not effective when you go changing the color and style of your logo every time you go to reproduce it. Specifically, what is going on with the first low contrast example? That color combination is wretched making things even harder to read.

You should hire a professional designer to create your logo. Seriously. You are only cheating yourself.

visual800

The bear is distracting, the font for signs is not legible. The font for north state is not complimenting the script. Sorry to be so rough

player

I think you have zero talent as a logo designer. You have some equipment that duplicates. You need to be a duplicator, and hire someone to be your designer. What you have done is really bad. Really, really bad. There is nothing you can do that would make it work.

Biker Scout

The lower case "s" has two tails. The little appendage is completely unnecessary (and looks weird and out of place) and doesn't even connect with the proper cursive loop-around anyway.

Biker Scout

Without doing too much work, I think this would be a stronger starting point. It's a weird font... but if you like it, you gotta make it work and put in some extra effort to make it read better.

Always design your stuff in back and white first. Then add one color, before you start going overboard.

North State Signs.jpg

Warlick Designs

ok lol.. thanks for the beat down ;(

I posted this on a new thread because the other one turned into a mockery.. sorry it bothered you soooo bad..?

I might be a little overwhelmed and possibly wayy off track but can I get a couple opinions on this... (please realize its just a mock up and little things can change easily especially with some input)

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 136

Warlick Designs

also I would like to add that I do appreciate the guys that take a sec to actually suggest a change here or there... or just say "hey its not gonna wok" Im sure most of you guys know its a little tougher to design a logo for yourself (at least in my opinion) so the comments the read "hire a real designer etc." they don't help me get better nor do they make me want to hire a designer so shut the hell up :) thanks

Ill keep working until I get it right... you weren't always as good as you are now.

Biker Scout

No on the "coin logo". The free font for the word SIGNS is weak, typographically. And the odd little N and S letters that are completely different fonts than anything you have on there, yeah... kill those too.

The glow and drop shadow do not make the logo "more better".

Design in black and white first.

Warlick Designs

No on the "coin logo". The free font for the word SIGNS is weak, typographically. And the odd little N and S letters that are completely different fonts than anything you have on there, yeah... kill those too.

lol well thanks for being honest.. ill present something else :)

phototec

As mentioned all these designs are bad, lots of problems.

You already made the change, but the lower case "g" was hard to read and the "s" in signs was very hard to read, looked like a "D" to me.

You should really invest in a few good books so you could learn the basics of good logo design, Dan Antonelli has written two great books (I have both), and you would get more out of them then the negative comments here.

http://www.amazon.com/Logo-Design-Small-Business-Antonelli/dp/0918399173/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399265198&sr=8-1&keywords=logo+design%2C+Dan

:smile:

Warlick Designs

As mentioned all these designs are bad, lots of problems.

You already made the change, but the lower case "g" was hard to read and the "s" in signs was very hard to read, looked like a "D" to me.

You should really invest in a few good books so you could learn the basics of good logo design, Dan Antonelli has written two great books (I have both), and you would get more out of them then the negative comments here.

http://www.amazon.com/Logo-Design-Small-Business-Antonelli/dp/0918399173/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399265198&sr=8-1&keywords=logo+design%2C+Dan

:smile:

:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.