• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new logo... after some hard thinking and a little advice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbot

this is a toss together. but maybe something along this line would better utilize the iconography of your business name.

Attachments

• northstate.jpg
    northstate.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 104

phototec

Another suggestion would be keep it simple!

No Bear clip art

No Mountain clip art

[video=youtube;x3jTSB2ez-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3jTSB2ez-g[/video]

:smile:

player

You have no education or skills. Now you have a free design.

You need to pay someone to do your designs, or everything (except your free logo) will suck, and you will be at the bottom of the barrel. No amount of hand holding will help you. Take 3 years off and go to art school.

Less is more. This is my first take on it. Clean, simple, and professional. It utilizes a design and color scheme that can carry over into cards, stationary, the paint on your walls, your car wrap, etc. It's easily recognizable and readable. You are way over-thinking this.

I'm not sure why the color of green shifted on the stationary example. Weird.

Attachments

• NS Signs card.jpg
    NS Signs card.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 125
  • NS Signs stationery.jpg
    NS Signs stationery.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 121
  • NS Signs.jpg
    NS Signs.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 103

player

Player, when did you get so crotchety? Is the S101 negativity vibe wearing off on you?

Just watching this guy with no skills being in business, one bad anti-design after another, no idea about the basics, and now getting free artwork. Off he goes to low bid the market. If the entry level into this industry is this low...

the comments the read "hire a real designer etc." they don't help me get better nor do they make me want to hire a designer so shut the hell up :)

Sadly, those comments are aimed at helping you. It's probably the best sound advice you're getting right now.

You really need to be honest with yourself and question the fact that you're taking on the task of designing your own logo.

Warlick Designs

Just watching this guy with no skills being in business, one bad anti-design after another, no idea about the basics, and now getting free artwork. Off he goes to low bid the market. If the entry level into this industry is this low...

Im not going to snatch up someone's "free design" lol

thanks for the HELPFUL advice :) your post did a lot of good.

Warlick Designs

disregard the colors and choice of fonts... (ill probably make some changes) but is this on a better track??

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 133

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Starfleet Command may claim copyright infringement and send Kirk after you

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Starfleet_command_emblem.png
    Starfleet_command_emblem.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 122

Biker Scout

You still aren't designing in black and white. Simple shapes, no 3D, no bevels, no shadows, no glow... just start with, "WILL IT LOOK GOOD AS BLACK & WHITE?"

Craig Sjoquist

I like the design& way better then one ya placed before.

A few tweaks & ya got to read well.

Just settle on something & go for it.

player

You are trying...I'll give you that much, but you're still not getting it.

You don't create 15 different logos for different applications - you create a logo and a brand that will work across all platforms.

Adding effects and random colors doesn't make a "logo" look better, nor does using that same so called logo on a van mockup.

I do respect the fact that you're trying but I also think that this thread may go on for months at this rate... maybe you should step back and start studying the basics of graphic/logo design and go back to the drawing board. Either that or hire a designer, but you've made it quite obvious that you're determined to this yourself.

This is the truth.

Joe Diaz

You know what helps me when I have designer's block? Grab a post-it pad and start doodling. If you are going the icon-design route, start there. It will be easier to match typography with imagery once you have narrowed it down and finalized your icon. So just focus on the icon for now. You have the right idea with the last one: the S and the North symbol. But try some other ideas or combination of ideas too.

Anyway I like to try to cram 4 or 5 really small sketches of different ideas and directions you could go on one post-it. I might end up with 10 or 20 little sketches. They don't have to be perfect at that point. The goal is to get your ideas on paper so that you can narrow them down later and pick 2 or 3 to take to the next level.

I like to work small with my sketches because it forces you to simplify the design and when an idea is picked and finalized if it works well as a small thumbnail drawing it works even better when it's larger. Another advantage to doing this is that it forces you to work with one color. Then when you get to the point where you use the design on all the many different applications you plan on using it with, you have a one color version, which is always nice. AND like other's have pointed out, a design that works well as a one color design tends to work well when color is added. The longer I've been at this the less I need to hand sketch a design and I have gotten better at doing the preliminary work on the computer, which saves time, but every once in a while when I hit a brick wall it helps to go back to the basics. Take your time though. Don't rush this.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
this is a toss together. but maybe something along this line would better utilize the iconography of your business name.

Right track but discordant levels of detail between the compass device and the text. Maybe something like this...

Untitled-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.