• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new logo... after some hard thinking and a little advice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlick Designs

You still aren't designing in black and white. Simple shapes, no 3D, no bevels, no shadows, no glow... just start with, "WILL IT LOOK GOOD AS BLACK & WHITE?"

what do you think??

Attachments

• blk.jpg
    blk.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 115

Gino

Premium Subscriber
B&W or in color.... all I see is a badge waving his arm and a d!ck hanging out. You just can't get away from these themes, huh ??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
what do you think??

No offense intended but, your font choices and image create an expectation that the business is run by PlayStation junkie teenagers who spend all their free time playing Star Trek style games. If this is accurate and what you're looking to project to your clientele, then go for it. If not ... start over.

Biker Scout

What's the point of the swooshes? They serve no purpose. The up arrow, I can understand being a compass needle. But the other things look like confused direction. Now that I think about it, the logo is perfect for you!

Seriously... kill the swooshes. I give those to clients I hate and just want out of my office.

Marlene

the black and white version still is a knock off of a Star Trek logo with some added swooshes. the font is still that same font with the upside down "u".

we all did learn some where and that part is true. thing is you need the basics. go take a class at our local college. buy some books, Mastering Layouts by Mike Stevens is a classic and teaches the bones of a design. read every post where people have posted a design. read the comments and watch how a bad design goes to good. stop designing for others until you learn the trade. it may never come to you or it may with training. some people just aren't cut out for it. the reason I say that is I haven't seen the least tiny ounce of improvement in anything you've posted. I've seen some pretty bad stuff posted but there was something good about it that could be improved on even if it was only the overall concept. there is no "try moving the bottom copy over" or "clip that line off more towards the left" kind of advice to offer. if you throw out the font and how you've stacked it and the Star Trek logo, all that is left is a blank page.

Warlick Designs

What's the point of the swooshes? They serve no purpose. The up arrow, I can understand being a compass needle. But the other things look like confused direction. Now that I think about it, the logo is perfect for you!

Seriously... kill the swooshes. I give those to clients I hate and just want out of my office.

they are an "S"...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
they are an "S"...

So what do those swooshie 'S' parts stand for. The badge is a north symbol and the swooshes are your 'S' ?? So, how does this fit into your plan, Master Luke ??

Why don't you just give it a rest and come back to it in a few days or weeks. Nothing's happening that you hafta solve this logo problem this minute..... is it ??

Sometimes, absence makes for a great healer and you might come up with an entirely different direction. Maybe even a good one this time.

Listen, in all seriousness.... when Fred has a remark like that, you know it's gotta be bad. He never has a harsh thing to say. Other than banning people, he's got no bad vibes in his character to make that logo into something useable. He gave you the forum's 'Seal of Disapproval'.

Warlick Designs

well the north symbol would mean north and the S would be state "north state"

Ill leave it alone for a bit....

Thanks to the people that have had advice for me I will use it and I may not impress you specifically but I will end up with something great as the end result :)

this is an awful start to great movie lol

Thanks guys

artbot

no! no figuring it out. the icon is for the guy that is trying to remember your company name two weeks later and the left side of the brain says "uh.... wasn't there a compass thingy in the logo?" then the right brain says "n...north? NORTHSTATE!"

peavey123

Warlock, try to keep it as simple as possible here. At least don't have competing elements in your logo. ie. the first one had a bears head and mountains. The latest one has a start trek symbol and swirls. Take a look at some popular companies of things you buy. I can almost guarantee you they are simple. I've attached something simple I did up quick for you to illustrate how simple is more memorable and that's what you want right?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 125

SignManiac

Oh my, I disagree. I think that it needs "more" lions, tigers and bears. Toss in a ladder with all three climbing it to the top to devour the wicked witch and you have a home run.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You forgot to mention to click your heals three times and say...... there's no place like home...... there's no place like home...... there's no place like home...... there's no place like home...... there's no place like home......

Status
Not open for further replies.