• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo concept

Pinfinity

I'd like to get professional opinions on a different design for both my business and card

Thanx

Attachments

• Buscrd11-3-10.jpg
    Buscrd11-3-10.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 136

SignManiac

Much better and it looks original:thumb:

The only tweak I would suggest is reduce the size of the bottom panel with your name and website so it does not run out to the edges. Give it a good strong margin or frame if you will. And by raising that bottom bar up, it helps close up the negative space below the phone number.

Attachments

• Infinity.jpg
    Infinity.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 89

Pinfinity

Thanx SM...you had a lot to do with my re-thinking a new concept. Is there anything missing or that I shoul do to enhance the design? Sometimes I go a little over board with effects, thinking its gotta be over the top!...what happens is it becomes too busy.

HaroldDesign

I like the infinity symbol getting in there. The web address looking like a logo of it's own throws me off, though.

Pinfinity

Thanx Sign Maniac

SM...Great advise.. I agree the bottom portion of the graphics was throwing the upper half out of balance. Now there is a more pleasing negative space around the biz card. Hey, what do you think about a black carbon fibre background fill,something very subtle instead of the
just black idea?
Thankx:thumb:

Attachments

• Buscrd11-3-10.jpg
    Buscrd11-3-10.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Not necessary. You have almost too much at this point. No need to have a detailed background competing with the two graphics and outlining etc. KISS principle works here.

Just my .02 cents

SignManiac

Hey Dennis, I went back and found this one I did for a buddy of mine a few months back. The carbon as a background is nice when you only use clean, simple, crisp, contrasting design against it. The background makes it really jump off the card.

Oh and I had the same thought about the oval that SignMeUp suggested! the two graphics seem to be battling for your eyes attention.

Attachments

• rslasercuts.jpg
    rslasercuts.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 110

Pinfinity

I love the background and your design...very clean, nice use of text and layout. That background works great with the copy. Should I lose the oval with the website, and then incorporate the website to the far right of my name? Oh, can you hook me up with obtaining a source of backgrounds like the one You used for the RS? By the way, do I refer to you as SM or would you like me to use your name?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
ugh... nothing say 1995 sign shop than IMPACT, ERAS and SQUARE....

I see you did a little squeezy and slanty on the Eras....

To me this seems no better than the other one, except it's more legible.

And I agree ditch the oval!

I KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!

Pinfinity

thanks for the comments signme up...I agree. Oh, SM I just saw your previous post about the background. Its my nature and a problem sometimes to keep things simple after all the years i've been in this biz

SignManiac

BDSM is just fine :) I got the carbon fiber from our host here, Mr. Fred.
He has a gazillion fills at www.expressclipart.com. good stuff!

And Rick is our premier critiquer here, his advice is always good and straight to the point.

SignManiac

I just had a thought? Even though the carbon fiber is a cool look, I don't think it fits the style of your work that we've seen. Your stuff has a unique feel and I think your logo/business cards/etc. should reflect that side of you more. It should relate to your style which will help identify you more.

Pinfinity

SM... thanks for the link...I feel like I have to step things up just getting back into it.. And I don't believe using recognizable fonts makes for a good or bad design. I think legibility and how they compliment each other in a design is what is important. This is in response to Ricks comment about using particular typefaces. I know I have a tedency to overdue it! OK...its time to go for the secret weapon...I'm on my way to pick up a 12 pack and when I'm finished in 1/2 hour then I'll show you guys what I can do!

SignManiac

Dennis, Don't know what you have in the way of fonts, but if you're getting back into the business, invest in some of the newer fonts that are available. They really do make a huge difference and set you apart from most of the competition.

Have a look at the font merchant members here such as signfonts.com and also letterheadfonts.com. There's one other one, I think its signsDNA.com, something like that.

Remember, fonts are sexy!

Pinfinity

Thanx SM...If you can imagine I dropped out of site for 6-7 years and suddenlyI find myself back in he game. I have so much catching up to do and I do have some design rust. So, I look to see what the pros are doing. For some reason, and I might be wrong, I think you have probably been in the biz as long as I have which is 26-27 years. I still have some 1-shot and greys hanging around but put them to bed years ago. I appreciate your help in getting me caught up!

SignManiac

Here's my take on a minimalist approach. You can probably come up with a hundred different concepts. Makes it hard to choose just one!

and one with the carbon background just for S&G's

Attachments

• Infinity sign.jpg
    Infinity sign.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 106
  • infinity signs4.jpg
    infinity signs4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited: