Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Owner of Signs101.com

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Signs101Admin, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner Staff Member

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Paul Gentile I'm the former owner of CNCzone.com. I talked to Fred Weiss many years ago unrelated to the purchase of his site. So once I sold CNCzone last year , a month ago I stumbled on this site once again and out of the blue asked if he would entertain selling it to me and because he knew me and how well I ran CNCzone he entertained it. After a brief negotiations and price was set and November 2 2016 the deal was done.

Fred has done a hell of a job with the site and I look forward to carrying on keeping this site growing and running smooth. My background is vast, I design, machine and love to create. I look forward to serving the membership and wish Fred all the best in all his future endeavors.

The plans for the site, well going to keep it just the way it is, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement let me know. For the next few days the site will be move to my server so the site may be down for a few hours.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yup. After 13 years I'm ready to spend more time with digital art creation and publishing. But I'll still be hanging out here as both a regular and a merchant member. It was the right time for me to sell and Paul would have been my first choice as someone to take Signs 101 to the next level. He started CNCZone, which specializes in CNC and machining, the same year and with the same core software setup and built it into a highly successful site 10 times the size of Signs 101.

We just inked a deal today with a major stock site group which includes Clipart.com, iPhotos.com and several others, to add our existing illustrations and seamless textures to their libraries and develop new art as well. You can already find our work at Adobe/Fotolia.com, Dreamstime.com, 123RF.com, DepositPhoto.com, FotoSearch.com and Ingram Publishing as well as our site www.allcompu.com.

So take this news as a change for the better for all Signs 101 members, for Paul and for me. I'll still be active here so don't hesitate to message me about anything.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. ReadyCut Print

ReadyCut Print New Member

Welcome Paul....Fred has always been helpful, knowledgeable and collaborative with information sources for everyone from newbies like myself up to gurus at his own level. Best wishes Fred and thanks for creating a site that helps everyone when there is often very sparse help out there for the uninitiated.
    Roger
    ReadyCut Print Pty Ltd

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Welcome new boss.
    Congrats old boss.
    At least now we can say what we really think of Fred!

He's a pretty good egg.

wayne k
    guam usa

5. Snydo

Snydo Member

May 1, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Good luck Fred, your one helluva good moderator and hopefully you stay active in the community.

Welcome aboard Paul.

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    good luck to fred,, and many thank you for the hard work. I pray you have a great time with your graphics development.

Hi paul the new boss..

7. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Bittersweet! ;)

Congrats to both of you!

8. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Welcome Paul, Just bought my first 3D printer might have to join your other forum as well.

9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome Paul from PA......................................
    Good luck, Fred from PA.......................................

10. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Congratulations Paul, hope you keep all the old info as Fred has done.

Good luck Fred and hope you stay around for your knowledge.

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Paul......... you might wanna get together with Fred and discuss how to screen newcomers onto the site. I'm seeing lotsa strange crap and lots of it is brand new members and from Russia. Some of the stuff makes no sense, let alone pertaining to a sign forum. Just a friendly headsup. Stuff like this could turn this place inside out in no time, if left unattended.

12. Cross Signs

Cross Signs Active Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Largo fl
    Interesting news. Good luck to both of you.

13. Tizz

Tizz Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Melbourne
    Hello Paul and welcome! This is one great Forum kudo's to Fred and all members. Will be signing up to your 3D print forum too. Have been 3d printing for a while now, with a background in both cnc and design am always keen to learn and picking at your brain would be knowledge much appreciated.
    Best of luck to you both.

14. FatCat

FatCat Premium Subscriber

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Big news, will be interesting to see how things progress.
    I wish you both the best and have high hopes S101 will move onward and upward!

15. RJPW

RJPW Major Contributor

Oct 24, 2007
    Canada
    Welcome Paul, or should we call you boss? Hopefully some of your cnc wisdom will rub off on this place, I know that's an area I would love to learn more about.

Fred - Thanks for creating this forum and for everything that you have done. I've learned more on this site than I have from any training or experience - it has been a valuable resource to me and our company. Hope you enjoy the break from us hooligans and are successful with the clipart and digital art side of business.

Cheers,

Pat

16. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Wow, that's great for you Fred. That's great you got a new owner but I would have paid you double! Lol hope you stay active on here.

17. RJPW

RJPW Major Contributor

Oct 24, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah that guy's going to town..........spamming every thread out there!

18. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Thank you Fred for turning this place into the best sign hangout on the web and good luck with all your future endeavors.
    And welcome Paul, I hope you live up to Fred's example, but I have to say that starting out with some weird Russian spammer filling the site on your first day is not a good sign (get it, that's a sign joke son).

19. David Wright

David Wright Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    It's a coup!

20. bigben

bigben Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Congratulation to both of you. Like Gino said, there is lots of weird post since yesterday.