• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Owners of the HP L25500

WrapperX

Click on the little "i" info balloon next to the printer name.

This actually doesn't iniate the heaters, all this does is activate the printer and pull it out of sleep mode - it initalizes the "mechanics" and gets it ready to recieve data.

Bummer - doesn't look like there's anyway to kick on the heaters before you send the print.

Freese

This actually doesn't iniate the heaters, all this does is activate the printer and pull it out of sleep mode - it initalizes the "mechanics" and gets it ready to recieve data.

Bummer - doesn't look like there's anyway to kick on the heaters before you send the print.

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure when I click "Prepare Printing" it fires up the heaters on the machine.

Check my screenshot with the highlighted button (Onyx 10). Have you tried this?

Attachments

• HeatLatex.jpg
    HeatLatex.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 114

WrapperX

Yeah, we're on 10 as well and whenever I hit this, it kicks the machine on. From sleeping or hybernate or whatever but if you check your printer, all it's doing is initializing mechanics. It still takes the same amount of time to warm up. And it doesn't fire those up until you hit print and it starts to recieve data. At least thats what I've found.
However I don't know how to check temps on the machine from the menu yet to prove this therory.

Tim Aucoin

I've been running the L25500 for about 3 months now... I just love it! :loveya: I've run quite a few medias through it and only found a couple that won't work too well, and that's because they were formulated for solvent. I hardly use my Roland these days and am looking at trading it for a 54" cutter. The HP is fast... even with the warm-up time at the beginning of printing. And yes, you can pre-heat while you are working on the RIP, just like drs6222 mentioned in the Onyx 10 RIP!

Here's a pic of a print I did yesterday last week, and I'm running 8 more today. These are 36" x 72" and printed in about 10 minutes each on 12-pass. The stock is 7mil Latex Poster paper from Big Fish, and it runs like a charm. I have more on the way to me as I type this! Excellent media and a phenomenal printer! :thumb:

Attachments

• Flames Poster 2.jpg
    Flames Poster 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Flames Poster 1.jpg
    Flames Poster 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 97

WrapperX

I'm still not sure how you all think that the exclamation point kicks on the printer to pre heat - I have yet to see a differance in kicking that on or just hitting the print and letting it do its thing on its own. All I have seen is that it pulls the printer out of sleep mode if it is in sleep mode. Please, if there's more then hitting the prepare button please let me know cause I'm not convinced.

MachServTech

I'm still not sure how you all think that the exclamation point kicks on the printer to pre heat - I have yet to see a differance in kicking that on or just hitting the print and letting it do its thing on its own. All I have seen is that it pulls the printer out of sleep mode if it is in sleep mode. Please, if there's more then hitting the prepare button please let me know cause I'm not convinced.

prepare just brings the temps up to a "ready" state, not to the print temp. This feature is WAY more important if it is 50 F or less in the room and you are getting ready to print.

I used to get the same issues with my seiko CP64 on really cold days... but I didn't have the prepare button then!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We just purchased a L25500 for use with Onyx X10, In Onyx media manager this morning I noticed that the HP L25500 is listed as a Measurement device. When I try to print a swatch table it says that the table cant be printed in the area allotted no matter what size material I'm using... It only happens with this as the measurement device, does any one have any advice on how to use the L25500 imbedded i1? I have borrowed a i1 Pro but have to return it after I profile and it would be nice if I could use the built in one.

Thanks for any help in advance, I look forward to posting whatever knowledge I can provide in the future.

My impression of the machine... Love it! came from a Mutoh VJ-1304 and its much faster and alot better quailty. So far we have printed on Oracal 3640G which looks great, HP HDPE looks good but hate the thread lines in the material, and GF Poly but it deforms horribly and if we turn the cure temp down enough to prevent the deformity the ink doesn't dry properly.

Onyx as always is amazing and the full utilization of printer features is nice.

Christian

Tim Aucoin

Well, you're probably doing it wrong! Are you standing on one foot, rubbing your belly and patting your head while you click the button?:rolleyes: Oh wait, you'd need a free hand to do that.... dang, let me get back to you!! :ROFLMAO:

No really... I think what MachServTech said is probably accurate. Still, I don't mind waiting for the warm-up period... it still kicks the Roland's butt in speed!:thumb:

WrapperX

:goodpost:

:ROFLMAO:

I agree, the warm up is a small price to pay for the ability to work with it that day if need be.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I found the solution to my quandary.... the minimum media size has to be set to 36" width for some reason, I have set this to 36" and printed on 24" material and the chart fits. Scans pretty slow but it works and has been used to recalibrate my Oracal 3640G profile with success. Hopefully this helps other L25500/Onyx users.

Felix Sepulveda

Hi, I'm after one of these printers for my shop. I've finding out about the energy impact. Can you comment, please if your electricity costs has raised significantly after your L25500 purchase ?

Christian @ 2CT Media

While running a watt meter its draw during printing Oracal 3640G - 131f dry & 230f Cure its 3kw.

We've had the printer for 2 weeks so no real impact yet but my daily usage hasn't changed according to SRP "our power compnay".

gnemmas

You all have a good banner supplier for this printer? Especially 60" banner material.

I am swapping Nusign's glossy banner material with their matte banner and printed OK.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Not Yet, we used to buy Zeelon Gloss from Fellers for our mutoh... now that we can profile directly on the machine we can build a profile for it on the HP. it has been the most cost effective for the quality banner we have used.

econolinesigns

We are just starting to look at this printer but we are being told by our vendor that the temp on the heaters must be lowered as the vinyl has been buckling, resulting in head stikes. They also said that with the 2-220v single phase outlets, you have to keep a fire extinguisher near the printer in case of fire. They said a customer who owns one has said that the machine reliability is marginal and that it heats the room up with a moist heat. Lastly, they said that it is not easy to print on remnants and that on a 6' piece you have to recore first before you can load.

Maybe their biggest item is they are telling us that the print heads must be replaced after 3 to 5 sets of ink at about $600. They also said the print heads fail much quicker if you print at higher speeds.

Any feedback or other info from someone who is using one of these or who may have heard the same or different would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hzone15

Does your dealer want you to buy the Latex or not, sounds to me like he is trying to stray you away from it.

I like most of the owners who own the L25500 will tell you that yes all materials take different curing and drying temperatures even similar 13oz banner from Oracle to Sihl may take a little experimentation. Once you have your material setting and profiles correct you won't be disappointed.

Ink cost = heads, inks & maintenance kit. The Cost per sq. ft to Solvent is very similar without the 2K print head replacement cost down the road.

Last but not least weather you purchase a latex or not. Please put a fire extinguisher in your shop for the sake of your employee's!

oleg_indigo

looking for HP l25500 60"

Hello. I'm looking for a printer latex l25500 60" by loyal price. Your suggestions gentlemen.
With best regards
Oleg Koshevoy