• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Owners of the HP L25500

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Rock bottom is $17,500.00 delivered. Your local dealer might honor this price if you give it to them but if they dont then let me know and I will get you all set up.

smdgrfx

You should be able to get special "Show pricing" this week and next because of the Vegas show. I'm taking the plunge. 60" L25500 with Onyx 10 postershop - about $19k delivered.

bigben

You should be able to get special "Show pricing" this week and next because of the Vegas show. I'm taking the plunge. 60" L25500 with Onyx 10 postershop - about $19k delivered.

wow! I wish we had the same price here in Canada...

FryMedia

I've had the printer for over 8 months and love it. It's fast and virtually maintenance free. However after about 4 months and LOTS of use (I'm talking 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week running) I started getting substrate jam errors (86:01) even though there wasn't any! After trial and error I figured out that the rod the printhead carriage slides on needed to be lubricated. The substrate jams were caused by friction along the rod. Problem solved, so I thought. About a month later it started happening again and no amount of lube fixed it. It would make a hideous sound while initializing like it was scraping across something with lots of force as it moved, then the 86:01 substrate jam error would appear and I had to shut the machine down and try to start it again... same problem over and over. After more trial and error I found that there's also an UPPER rod that the carraige slides on that's out of sight when looking down at the platen. After lubing this rod the machine has been fine. Hope this helps you in the future!

I have had this problem a few times (It can get very dusty here). You may eventually want to replace the felt pads on the side of the print head carriage. They are meant to hold lubricant, but they can get clogged up with ink, dust, sludge etc.

You can also try cleaning them with alcohol, but the cleaned ones get clogged faster than the new ones.