• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real Estate Layouts

2972renfro

Ad, there is nothing here that remotely resembles good layout and use of space, fonts etc. All of these are nothing more than customer provided photos with your type laid over it. No originality, boring fonts, crowded layouts. It reminds me of layouts in the yellow pages or local newspaper done by someone with little or no background in design just someone with access to a computer

There are books on design work, one from Dan Antonelli. You should read one of those

Mosh

Is that house sinking? Is this a joke? If I saw that there is now way in hell I would take that realtor seriously!!!! Not professional at all. I bet you are not on Dave Ramses ELP list are you.

Jillbeans

Most of them are busier than a cat trying to cover sh!t on a marble floor.
They put the "ugh" in ugly.
I know I'm being mean but man you should hire a professional.
I wouldn't show those to anyone.
Love.....Jill

Locals Find!

You posted yours... do you want me to post mine? I am the one that gave you the challenge....

I would love to see some of yours. I make stuff that works. It may not be fancy but, it is effective.

Just about any person on here can do what I did. I posted these to make a point. I do simple work and it is a design. Its commercial in my mind. I sell it they pay for it. I am happy. I have built relationships with these people for years. That is why I say you couldn't do my job. I know I couldn't do yours. I wouldn't have a clue where to start running your machine.

I am happy at the level I am. I would like to get better, but at the end of the day my bills are getting paid and my clients are happy. That is all I ask for out of life.

jwmedia

Some of you on here make me sick...It's really funny actually. You are NOT giving critiques...you are simply making negative comments like high school cheerleaders. You are so quick to hate...let's see some "professional" work from you and compare. Then we could all judge your work as well...bet it's not all great.

Oh, and GROW UP!

gnemmas

I agree with Ad. Don't call it a DESIGN. It 's just simple layout.

We layout a sign. Customer is happy. They get results. They pay.

Not design. We leave Design to you professionals.

Billct2

I have stayed out of this till now, but...
Sorry, but you're wrong, it's not effective. You have no basis for that judgement. Just because they sell some houses doesn't make your designs effective.
If you are really serious about learning design you should take some classes at the local community college. You are making many basic mistakes.
...and I don't care what you call it, it's bad.

Locals Find!

Sorry, but you're wrong, it's not effective. You have no basis for that judgement. Just because they sell some houses doesn't make your designs effective.
If you are really serious about learning design you should take some classes at the local community college. You are making many basic mistakes.

The whole point is to sell homes. So if my clients take this and sell more homes is that not by definition effective?? If the phone rings it was effective. People coming to my area from all Over the world have over 4,000 Realtors to choose from not to mention just Real Estate Agents. So if my work gets them work. I would call that effective every single time.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Here's some print stuff from days gone past... not real estate - I'll have to post that up later... just easiest to get my fingers on these... I am no great designer... but I think it works... feel free to tell me if it doesn't :smile:

newspaper ads, magazine ads, flyers, postcards and brochures

The permatile brochure illustration and callout is a line drawing that I did in illustrator

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 133
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 144

Billct2

You have no way of measuring that. Just because they sell houses while using you business cards is no proof your designs are effective. For all you know they are losing sales because of your designs.

Bigdawg

Just Me
And if you want a hot mess... here's a brochure I did when this was the style... grungy, rough, damn near illegible...

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143

Locals Find!

Here's some print stuff from days gone past... not real estate - I'll have to post that up later... just easiest to get my fingers on these... I am no great designer... but I think it works... feel free to tell me if it doesn't :smile:

newspaper ads, magazine ads, flyers, postcards and brochures

The permatile brochure illustration and callout is a line drawing that I did in illustrator

Very nice work Stacy. You have proved my point. This is good stuff. For the Markets you were targeting. I couldn't compete with what you did at all. Your on a whole other level. A much higher one.

Real Estate isn't anywhere near as complex. Real Estate Marketing is all about the 5 seconds till someone flips your postcard to the back of the pile of bills and junk mail and then into the trash. You have exactly that to capture their attention then try to hold onto it between the mailbox and the front door. After that they are gone. Its all about reintroducing yourself month after month for sometimes years. The whole while your right alongside 4000 other people trying to do the exact same thing. Its also about doing it as cheaply as possible.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Stacy... there is no reason for you to stoop to his level and post up your work. It looks mighty fine and will hold up against just about any top designer nationwide. Don't belittle yourself like that.

This guy is trying, but he hasn't told us at what..... yet.

Stacy, that stuff is TOP NOTCH. It shouldn't and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this guy's thread. You should have this in your own thread where it will do others some good.

My main problem is... he's a taker and I can guarantee you.... your layouts and compositions are gonna be copied and used without your knowledge unless you or someone else happens across this guy's work some day. You've just given him about 400 great ideas.

See what pissing match can do ?? :clapping: