• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SDS Drill..................

fmg

No your right they are nothing alike I said that Dewalt is made by black and decker in my opinion both throw away tools.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 114

Sign Depot

Hilti is by far the best! We have 3 diffrent sizes for diffrent applications that we have used daily for many years with no problems. Check craigslist I bought 2 of ours on there used for a fraction of the cost.

fmg

And another thing don't skimp on the SDS drill bits.
Hilti will outlast any other SDS bit i have used.
Feel the force of HILTI

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Better accuracy when drilling, Longevity of drill bits and equipment, less fatigue when drilling, more ergonomic design, and all backed up with a better warranty. Its like comparing a rolls royce with a mini in my opinion however I am a tool nut and will invest in the better tools of the trade.

Sorry, but that's absurd.

Better accuracy? How?? Prove it. I've never had a problem with accuracy and like I said, I've drilled thousands of holes in just the past few months. I've also used both Hilti and DeWalt doing so.

Less fatigue? Prove it. What are you basing that on? I can drill 300 holes and have no more fatigue issues than I would have with any other SDS. And again, I've used both.

More ergonomic? Says who? I've used both. I have zero comfort issues with mine.

The warranty is better - that's the only factual thing you said.

You're drinking the Hilti Kool-Aid a little heavy, no offense.

fmg

It may be a bit difficult to prove online however I can assure you one thing.My Rolls Royce drives a lot better than a Mini. That's a guaranteed fact

Moze

Precision Sign Services
SDS uses impact and BPM. What does torque have to do with anything?

Are you missing the fact that I've used both and posted a video showing my CORDLESS DeWalt keeping up with a CORDED Hilti?

The Rolls Royce/Mini comparison is ridiculous. Compare the tools. You didn't answer any of the questions I posed.

Let's try one at a time: How is the Hilti more accurate than my DeWalt?

fmg

Moze.I guarantee you go drill into brick to house a 4" by 5/16" redhead and you will have a more consistently straight drilled hole using the Hilti compared to the Dewalt.
Next question please.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
My advice was based on the 3/16" holes Gino was asking about.

That being said, a few months ago I installed approximately 200 stadium seats. An average of three 1/4" anchors per chair. Me and one other guy drilled the holes - 1/4" x 3". We worked next to each other and while I had to switch out batteries, I still was able to keep up with him. He had a Hilti and couldn't believe I was keeping up.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. :)

John Butto

I would much rather have a four door Mini Cooper, dark green, than a Rolls. Where does the Bentley fall in for comparison to drills.

signage

When it comes to drilling into High strength concrete I will take a Hilti hands down. For drilling into softer concrete and only drilling small holes any hammer drill will work. I would like to see a comparison of your Dewalt vs Hilti in 15,000 and above concrete! Drilling into portland cement slab is nothing compared to drilling into concrete poured foundations.
I would like to see either a Bosch or Dewalt last in a commercial construction company for more than a year!

signage

Some specs. to compare

DeWalt DCH213:
Hammer energy 1.6 ft-lbs, Weight w/battery 4.9kg or 10.8lbs and Tool length 10.5”

Hilti TE7:
Hammer energy 2.6j or 1.9 ft-lbs, Weight 3.5 kg or 7.7 lbs and Tool length 13.4”

Hilti all the way..... Gino I know there is a local rep from the company down there I used to work with. Ill see if I have his contact info somewhere