• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Wrap

tonywhittier

What do you think? Its not done yet, but figured before we went any further I'd let you guys tear it apart.

Attachments

• Premier wrap 2.jpg
    Premier wrap 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 115

Jillbeans

I truly dislike the typography in Premier.
It looks like someone with little basic letter knowledge fondled a font to try and make it retro.
The thicks and thins are all over the place.
I would have started with a nice swash font like Bookman, and beefed it up.
Yes I know it's not "cool" or trendy...but it's a classic that could be tweaked.
I also think "Decal Designs" sounds really cheap.
Lose the decal, make it DESIGNS, and make that fit the banner shape better.
Other than that, it will do.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like Jill said, I think you need to harmonize your thick/thins a little better, but other than that..... I kinda like it. It's overdone, but tastefully overdone. The colors kick and it's easy to read. Even squinting at the thumbnail... it works. I'd also lose the decals word and maybe add 'Professional Designs'.

MikePro

aside from previous comments, I still think it looks neat.
if that's your logo, then not much else to do, BUT there's plenty of other fonts that could fit this layout better. "decal designs" could be BIGGER, as well.

you wrapping the wheels too?

Marlene

the splashes and mess has been done to death and once that happens, people stop looking. can you think of something fresh and new? (no diamond plate, no beveled letters or skulls either)

mudmedia

I think it is busy for my taste. Decal Designs if that is what you do needs to be MUCH bigger. Premier is huge which is fine but it does not show what you do.

phototec

WOW - I agree with every comment posted - you should really take all this advice into consideration.

Also, give it the squint test - and you will see, Decal Design is not readable.

Overall for a design with a busy background, this wrap design is pretty good!

:thumb:

tonywhittier

what would you guys recommend for a name then? Like Premier Graphics, Premier Wrap Company, Premier Wraps and Graphics?

Last edited:

tonywhittier

Ok, i'm stumped. It's starting to look way to busy on the side. I really wanted to add what we do (like vehicle wraps, decals, banners, etc) on the side as well but i dont know where and just think it will clutter everything...what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Chevrolet-Tahoe-2007-09_Driver.jpg
    Chevrolet-Tahoe-2007-09_Driver.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 89

Marlene

what is different from the last post from the first? all that messy splash and strange font aren't doing you any favors. it just looks messy. if you are happy with this, go for it and listen to no one and just keep doing the same stuff no matter the advice given.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I don't get the water/waves. To me it looks like an advertisement for a waterpark. Eliminating that and replacing it with your services seems like it would be a better use of space.

Letterbox Mike

I don't personally dislike the background. It's not my style, but it's contemporary and trendy right now so it's not bad. Very busy but for that grunge style it works.

I agree with everybody else that the typography on "Premier" needs help. The actual logo. I see what you're going for with it but if typography isn't your thing, you might want to enlist the help of someone who can take your initial concept and redo the logo so it's a bit cleaner and more consistent. Right now you've got strokes that vary letter-by-letter, some corners are more rounded than others, etc.. It looks a little too hand-drawn, and could work well if it was just cleaned up.

Another thing to consider with this is how arching the logo up over the rear wheel well is going to work on the passenger's side. To me this is going to be the hardest part of this wrap, to pull that off. On the other side it's going to read down hill, which almost never looks right. And if you just plop the logo as-is on the other side the italicized letters are going to point to the ground.

If it were me, I'd forget the wrap design for now and focus on getting the logo dialed in. Your concept is not bad, but the execution missed the mark. If you're struggling with it, nothing wrong with that, hire someone who specializes in that style and let them do it for you, it'll be a very wise investment. When the logo is spot on, then design the wrap around it. Right now you're trying to design the logo around the lines of the vehicle and that's a no-no.

tonywhittier

what is different from the last post from the first? all that messy splash and strange font aren't doing you any favors. it just looks messy. if you are happy with this, go for it and listen to no one and just keep doing the same stuff no matter the advice given.

I took your opinion into consideration and thats not what I'm wanting to change. The logo is hand drawn its not a font (besides the Graphic Co. part) and we're not changing it. What I'm asking is where would you guys place the phone number, web address and the what we do.........

Joe Crumley

I'm amazed at how hard it is to design an advertising piece for one's self. I know for me it's difficult.

I often have businesses who've come with their own idea's. Seldom do they get it right. The main reason, they don't tell the buying public what they have to sell. Your layout isn't selling signs. You've got to look for the product being sold.

The second most violated rule is copy that's not readable. Wraps, for the most part, violate just about every rule in the book. I'm amazed at how difficult it is finding out what they are saying.

Last: I wouldn't buy anything from a graphics company who didn't have a website showing what they've have to offer....

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Last edited: