• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Wrap

tonywhittier

To help you guys visualize the wrap a little more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 90

fmg

No doubt it will get attention and it will sure look very nice.I still not liking the texture fill of the Wallpaper effect.It's a mature style wrap if I may say so and will attract a high end customer probably.

Dan Antonelli

The wallpaper doesn't bug me, it reminds me of the "lace" effect used a lot (with paint) in Kustom Kulture.
I still reallllllly dislike the "hand done" lettering in the logo, it's got so many issues, which someone who really does hand letter would not do.
Secondary copy would go up in the bare spot to the right of the name.
Preferred the name in white with the ribbon thing in blue.

I think Jill hit's the nail on the head here. It does seem a little amateurish the way the lettering is. I'm sure its on purpose, but optically I think about graffiti initially when I view it. If you're going more after car color changes and that crowd, it's fine, but from a business perspective, maybe the brand could be a little tightened, and still cool to appeal to Joe's Plumbing?

I like the rest of the graphics and how they are integrated but I guess the logo and typography is bothering me the most.

John Butto

vans

"little amateurish" is there a big amateurish? As far as the type he is doing, is that is not accepted by the "typenazis"? I don't really see the difference in the wraps except maybe one has a lot more orange. He put the slant, has a design like the circles. Looks like we got a Dan wannabe. He just needs to surround himself with some artists.

HulkSmash

"little amateurish" is there a big amateurish? As far as the type he is doing, is that is not accepted by the "typenazis"? I don't really see the difference in the wraps except maybe one has a lot more orange. He put the slant, has a design like the circles. Looks like we got a Dan wannabe. He just needs to surround himself with some artists.

lol

tonywhittier

what in the world are you talking about?

Marlene

the name and the swooshy things are going at different angles so it makes the name look like it slide down and makes it look off. I did a real quick rotation to try to make the swooshy things and the name go on the same angle.

Attachments

• rotated.jpg
    rotated.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 88

Joe Diaz

I didn't want to spend too much time on this, but rather than try to explain why I'm not crazy about the lettering, I figured I would show you a few things I might fix. Obviously it's a quick attempt and isn't perfect. The overall curve on my attempt isn't perfect, the balance is a little off, etc... But the actual letters are the main problem I see with yours, so that's what I'm trying to demonstrate here. One thing I will note is that the way you have the last "R" wrap around at the bottom on your design, kind of makes it read as a "B" so I would try to figure out an alternative strategy for that.

premier text.jpg

Dan Antonelli

I didn't want to spend too much time on this, but rather than try to explain why I'm not crazy about the lettering, I figured I would show you a few things I might fix. Obviously it's a quick attempt and isn't perfect. The overall curve on my attempt isn't perfect, the balance is a little off, etc... But the actual letters are the main problem I see with yours, so that's what I'm trying to demonstrate here. One thing I will note is that the way you have the last "R" wrap around at the bottom on your design, kind of makes it read as a "B" so I would try to figure out an alternative strategy for that.

View attachment 84951

Bingo! Nice Joe.

rjpjr

My first quick impression... I think the layout is too dark. At a quick glance the darkness of the graphics gives me the impression of a dirty vehicle especially in combination with the black wheels of the last photo. I would suggest brighter, more vibrant and energetic colors.

Joe's suggested upgrade looks great and is probably the cure that answers most of the negative critiques! :thumb:

xxaxx

I like the style ... really eye catching but still easy to read. Your logo is what it is, it could be cleaned up a bit like everyone is saying, but it looks graffitiish as is which is fine and it's what you have been using up to this point so there is no real need for change. I like the swirls in the blue and gray too ... nice effect.

Joe Diaz

For what it's worth the graffiti style may attract a certain percentage of people out there, but it could do so at the expense of a larger group of people. Personally If I were wanting to hire a professional to help me with my image, whether it be logos, signs or wraps, I might not be persuaded by graffiti imagery. I personally can see the art in graffiti but, I think most people associate graffiti with the vandalism they see on the side of railcars. They might see graffiti as a nuisance and an eyesore. So like I said, this may appeal to a select group, but why not appeal to as many people as possible?

xxaxx

For what it's worth the graffiti style may attract a certain percentage of people out there, but it could do so at the expense of a larger group of people. Personally If I were wanting to hire a professional to help me with my image, whether it be logos, signs or wraps, I might not be persuaded by graffiti imagery. I personally can see the art in graffiti but, I think most people associate graffiti with the vandalism they see on the side of railcars. They might see graffiti as a nuisance and an eyesore. So like I said, this may appeal to a select group, but why not appeal to as many people as possible?

That's a good point ... I went to his website and he only has three vehicle wrap examples and two of them are for churches. If he was going for the motocross, nascar racing crowd it may change things, but since it seems he has a wider base of clientele it may not hurt to clean the logo up a bit. Still, if people know him in his area for that logo and its working for him already, there really isn't that much need for a change.

Marlene

The logo is hand drawn its not a font (besides the Graphic Co. part) and we're not changing it.

the OP said it was hand drawn but I don't see where he said it was graffiti, are we just assuming that is what it is suppose to be? he did say he wasn't going to change it and I haven't seen anything that would make it sound like he would. Both Joe and Dan are doing their best to move the OP away from the hand drawn logo and it seems like most of the rest of us are too. is there anyone here who thinks it works? it may be that it is so horrid that the rest of it isn't that bad but the logo is killing it. maybe with a more professionally done logo, grammie's wall paper might also not look so bad

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Pat....... I've said all along, I like it except the logo should be cleaned up to keep uniformity in his own logo letters. I don't think he needs to use a computer font, just make it look better as a hand made type style. Those using these computer made things all begin to look alike, except for the type face. The ideas are getting stale and like Butto pointed out..... it's almost a duplicate to Dan A's style..... just not as simplified. The components, combinations and elements are basically identical.

I don't understand the emphasis so many are nay-saying about his choice of type ?? I've seen F-A A-A-R worse and by some of the so-called professionals on this site, too.

I would like to see less black, as on his original in post #1, perhaps.

I also think some of the posters here are confusing and steering him wrong. Many are using their own personal preferences, rather than thinking outside of their own box and considering tony's true needs.

John Butto

hand drawn

I like the logo and the slant, but just needs a few tweeks as the R not looking like a B, just add a serif of some kind and have the two e's look the same with adding something to the i. This is just a rough that I drew off of the computer so the letters are not proportioned the same, a few slight changes.