• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Wrap

Letterbox Mike

The logo is hand drawn its not a font (besides the Graphic Co. part) and we're not changing it. What I'm asking is where would you guys place the phone number, web address and the what we do.........

If the logo is set in stone then I would definitely reconsider your current placement. Like I said above, it's going to look really strange on the opposite side. I would strongly consider placing it between the wheel wells on the doors and then start working in the secondary copy from there.

phototec

what is different from the last post from the first? all that messy splash and strange font aren't doing you any favors. it just looks messy. if you are happy with this, go for it and listen to no one and just keep doing the same stuff no matter the advice given.

This reminds me of something my dad always said, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink".

Some folks just can't (will NOT) take advice, no way, no how...

I guess it's best to let them lean the hard way...

:omg:

James Chrimes

I would tweew the R at the end of your name. At first glance it looks like a B to me. I like the way it kicks back under the name but needs a little tweeking. I would also put more emphasis on what you are offering. Premier is great but Signs and Graphics or Vehicle wraps are more important as a marketing tool. I also am curious as to how this will work on the other side. Keep at it.

"Deposit Please"

..reads premieb to me...maybe it's just a flexi distort?? Decal Designs is super tiny. and if your sticking with the splatter, I would go bigger...much bigger. wow...didn't even see the phone #.

Jillbeans

It's better, but I still think the the logo has some real issues with slants and thick & thins.
I'd un-angle it and make the ribbon with "Graphic Co" thicker/bigger.
I'm so glad you changed the name.
Here's the Bookman Swash I suggested initially. My R looks too big, in retrospect.
Lately my suggestions seem to go over like the proverbial turd in the punchbowl, tho.
Hahaha

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Joe Crumley

Jill,

I always read everything you post so keep it up.

I'm still amazed though. If you were the buying public and saw this van, would you know what he's selling or what he has to offer? This is a fundamental mistake to fall in love with a look that doesn't tell what you're selling.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Bigcat_hunter

I really like the waves and color choices. It looks good. It really grabs your eye which is what it is supposed to do. Just need to work on the type.

Marco

I liked the first one the best, however is far from what Dan A. recommends. I like the busy background. Second one, good thing you added website and phone number. Phone number gets lost though.

tonywhittier

Ok, how about something like this? (Yes I need to add the phone # and website but I'm just working on the base design right now)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 124

Marlene

your swooshy things are going up at one angle and you name at another so it looks like your name is sliding down. what's with all the foo foo print in the swooshy things? you could have just a color or a fade, you really don't need to have grandma's wallpaper pattern or anything else going on. I know the "font" was done by hand but are you really loving it? it looks off and needs a ton of work to make it look good. if you insist on using it, making the background clean and simple might help

Joe Diaz

I kind of like it too Pat. I think the lettering for the logo needs a little help, but the overall layout is good. It's interesting enough without being overly cluttered, you can read it and it's to the point.

synergy_jim

I have a busy meaningless wrap that catches peoples eye to the point I get flagged down a few times a week. Sometimes things don't have to read great or follow every design rule in the book in order to be effective....

Sometimes they just need to look cool!

That being said, I like both designs.... The new one does read easier though...

Joe Diaz

I have a busy meaningless wrap that catches peoples eye to the point I get flagged down a few times a week. Sometimes things don't have to read great or follow every design rule in the book in order to be effective....

Sometimes they just need to look cool!

Why not look cool and be easy to read? You don't have to just choose one you know? In my opinion the excuse that it's okay if you can't read it as long as it looks "cool" is just that... an excuse. People don't need to flag us down, they see our name (clearly and easily) and give us a call or stop in. :thumb:

John Butto

I also like it, the blue with the design is very nice. Marlene is in a winter funk right now and she will change her mind when spring rolls around and I always felt safe sitting near my Grandmother's wallpaper.

tonywhittier

The hardest problem for me is trying to figure out where to put the secondary copy..like phone #, website, etc..any suggestions?

fmg

Nice looking design however not keen on the paisley blue swirl wall paper pattern in the blue.I can see more of a solid color there with the contact details added into that space.

Jillbeans

The wallpaper doesn't bug me, it reminds me of the "lace" effect used a lot (with paint) in Kustom Kulture.
I still reallllllly dislike the "hand done" lettering in the logo, it's got so many issues, which someone who really does hand letter would not do.
Secondary copy would go up in the bare spot to the right of the name.
Preferred the name in white with the ribbon thing in blue.