• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some of my work

trakers

Sweet work.

:rock-n-roll:

I wish we had a market here in Hicksville USA to support work like that.

What worries me is wondering how long before the gov steps in and puts an end to wraps claiming they cause wrecks. I figure it will be approximately 2 months after I buy a printer (which is gonna be this month).

LindyM

Thanks aqveryone I do appreciate the comments good or bad.
here is some more stuff I just uploaded. Rather than making a new thread everytime I do something new I will just continue this one.

Lexus Meet flyer
lexmeet.jpg

Super Bowl Party
skye.jpg

Business card barbershop/ detailer (vertical)
thecut4.jpg

thecut3.jpg

Business card front all cars color matched and cropped together)
originalnewset.jpg

Postcard mailer
pi1.jpg

Business card (made the car looks like front and back view when card is flipped)
original1.jpg

original2.jpg

Front view of that box truck
sambox.jpg

Bar flyer:
usf1.jpg

usf2.jpg

Business card (logo from template purchase)
racing1.jpg

racing2.jpg

Last edited:

SignManiac

I love the blond in front of the Schlitz malt liquor car!
Oh and very nice wraps. Number one rule of design, keep it legible and you do.

Just noticed you're in Tampa. I'm in Z-Hills. Next time I get down town I'll look you up and drop by for a visit! You can do the same if you ever make it up this way.

LindyM

ad for wheel shop
ttt.jpg

Poster for scooter store ( customer provided this picture taken in a garage, I cropped and laid it on a stock background of road and added effects ad shadow)
scooter.jpg

Business card and Screaming Mic logo design
noiz1.jpg

Folding business card 1st image is front and back
karma2.jpg

karma1.jpg

Club flyer, also featured in istockphoto designer spot light
ladiesnight.jpg

Car show flyer
jakes1.jpg

jakes2.jpg

Cell company business cards
gphone1.jpg

gphone2.jpg

CD cover for hip hop artists
cdcover.jpg

signwizz

where do you get the car photos and others from istockphoto or do you take pics and if you use digital camera pics what quality do you need like 8mp or 10 mp thanx for your time and just trying to learn a little ,because there r few that do designs like this
thanx shane

LindyM

where do you get the car photos and others from istockphoto or do you take pics and if you use digital camera pics what quality do you need like 8mp or 10 mp thanx for your time and just trying to learn a little ,because there r few that do designs like this
thanx shane

We have worked closely with the automotive industry since we opened. This has allowed us to have quite a collection of hi res vehicle images along with wheels and parts.

Now the Lexus meet flyer was made from photos of actual members cars that we acquired from the actual photographer that took them. We cropped from the original background and added a bit of HDR effect so that they all match.

The super bowl flyer:
The 2 artists on the right are local and photos were taken with a DSLR and slave flash, nothing fancy. Then I added HDR effect to match the DJ on the left since they provided his image.

We used to use Istock photo alot but in the last couple of years have notice an increase in cost of each image and decrease in the amount of credits given per dollar so we moved on to dreamstime.com They have also raised their prices from $85 a month to $128 a month for a "10 image per day" subscription but its still cheaper than others.

I think stock photos is a great investment and I explain to the customers why. I see google images all over where I live. Not only is it wrong because its stealing, but the quality is horrible !

LindyM

Girlie skateboard

Client wanted his Daughters name ans last initial with 4 flags. I desaturated the flag colors to avoid clashing with the hot pink colors. We then added a cool quote "Try and Fail, but Don't Fail to Try." on one end.

Designed in Corel and photoshop.
Printed on mactac 5929 with lamex

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03843.jpg

GoodPeopleFlags

Do you create your own backgrounds or use stock ones like Juice Drops? Or maybe start with a stock one and "tweak" it?

Also, can you please bottle a lil' of that creativity and sell me some?
:tongue: