• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sub shop layout

Joe Diaz

Just wrapped this up this morning:
admirals subs.jpg

I plan on using this for my USSC seminar in Dec.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like it... a lot, but have two comments.........

1. Personally, I've never liked much stuff, especially when attached to military, that has red stars. It's probably just me, but it doesn't sit well in my book.
  2. The other thing is the blue behind the admiral just doesn't have enough delineation to define where he stops and the background begins. It becomes a focal point for me.... which it shouldn't.
joes torpedo.jpg

Joe Diaz

I like it... a lot, but have two comments.........

1. Personally, I've never liked much stuff, especially when attached to military, that has red stars. It's probably just me, but it doesn't sit well in my book.
  2. The other thing is the blue behind the admiral just doesn't have enough delineation to define where he stops and the background begins. It becomes a focal point for me.... which it shouldn't.

I actually really like the red stars, so it might be just you.:Big Laugh And I really like the way the blue works on the illustration. The red and blue background actually makes even more since when you see the layout for the signage.:thumb: I kind of don't want to have him defined on the shaded side.

Craig Sjoquist

Since your work is always better then I can come up with in design or making of.

I do like the changes in the French look to American.

Gino's point of alot of blue in center is correct but using the as a focal point is not bad either..KFC did well on it.

I for one would most likely make Admiral's bolder since it's the name and it's more of a aggressive or leadership statement.. but it's your thing and it looks great anyway.

Also I'm not into alot of coy for identity logo, but this is also a retro looking identity so again, maybe I best learn more of styles in identity.

Anyway it has good balance, flow and readable, plus a nice image, so it looks great as always, for the work you do. thank you for sharing.

Jillbeans

I like it, but I think it has too much going on.
I would lose the little blue torpedoes down at the bottom, as they detract from the sandwich/subs.
Where you have ONLY FRESH INGREDIENTS I would put a torpedo each facing out and have the words reverse cut, then lose the red torpedoes up top.
I would put HOME OF THE TORPEDO under Admiral's so you read the name first.
And I would eliminate the starburst in the background
(only because I myself am burnt out on it)
and try making a contour which surrounds all the elements as a sort of frame.
Not sure if I'm explaining that right.
Like the red stars.
:)
Love....Jill

Joe Diaz

Played around with the illustration some more:
admirals subs x1.jpg

Some of you are critiquing this as if it were a logo. It isn't. That is kind of why I didn't put it in the logo forum. Think of it more as a promotional print, It will be used on the menu and can be used on the sacks and cups.

Here is another one:
admirals subs x2.jpg

I'm working on one for a large sandwich meal called the "battle fleet"

Here are the signs:
admirals subs x3.jpg
admirals subs x4.jpg