• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES020

Jill, you nailed exactly what I have been thinking all along "FC Pools". What not F.C. Pools? But FC Pools? FeeCee Pools. Feces Pools. I thought "Wow, not a great name or way to express your company", but thought maybe I was the only one that thought that way.

Thanks for proving I'm not the only one :)

skyhigh

This thread is another train wreck.....although I did enjoy the Isign-Signmeup banter. Ohhhhh and also the examples of Joe Diaz.

iSign

...I did enjoy the Isign-Signmeup banter.

I did too...

Now I wanna start a "Low Ball Logo's" thread & see how many will want to play the 10 minute logo game! (I don't believe Adrian's 1 minute claim is accurate if we count uploading & posting.. and I'll admit I spent over 10 on mine... but whatever...)

petesign

I give addy a lot of credit for sticking it out. You have a very thick skin..

That said, this thread has been pure :popcorn:

Jill, that was hilarious.

iSign

Yes, this thread can be found by your client [and any other end-user] quite easily, if he/they ever googled the right words or someone told him to look here specifically.

I believe it was Doug who had this happen to him. I'm not sure. Anyway, there are people here that will call you out.

Although Jason isn't concerned with this client, I did want to confirm that Gino is correct... crazy chit does happen here, and did happen to me!

In my case, I guess it's the price for being an outspoken rabble-rouser myself a bit, and some here without the tenacity, the balls, or the backbone to meet a conflict head on will slink their lowly, deflated self into the dark shadows, to retaliate like a sewer rodent...

signmeup

I did too...

Now I wanna start a "Low Ball Logo's" thread & see how many will want to play the 10 minute logo game! (I don't believe Adrian's 1 minute claim is accurate if we count uploading & posting.. and I'll admit I spent over 10 on mine... but whatever...)
I didn't count uploading and stuff. The design time is accurate though. I'm getting quicker too. That last one I just highlighted the text on the old one and re-typed the words. Hey... you get what you pay for.

On a slightly disturbing note.... how many here have seen companies use way worse logos than our 1 minute ones? :covereyes:

J Hill Designs

I'm in

Attachments

• hc.jpg
    hc.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 106

iSign

so Adrian, what do you think of a OML or a LBL thread.. for laughs?

I'll bet it will go on for pages & pages with the perfect blend of design skill, humor, and a bunch of forum addicts!

edited to say jhill's post convinced me it was a gamble worth taking...

new thread started!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay fellas.........

Show me a 3 minute or less logo for 'GREEN'.

No questions..... just do it.

Mr Green came in and said he wanted a logo for his name..... 'GREEN'.

There is no usage or reason for needing this, he just wants a logo and no words attached. Just geometric shapes or graphics may apply.

Three minutes and counting.​

:guido:
Did you ever notice that the highlight in my right eye is no more ?? My right.... my right, stupid.... not yours. I don't don't know if I'm blind in that eye or it was an oversight on my creator's part, but it's beginning to give me a headache.

skyhigh

so Adrian, what do you think of a OML or a LBL thread.. for laughs?

I'll bet it will go on for pages & pages with the perfect blend of design skill, humor, and a bunch of forum addicts!

edited to say jhill's post convinced me it was a gamble worth taking...

new thread started!

How about.....instead of Green, we have an oml / lbl thread with the subject matter.....ohhhhhh, let me think. Ah, how about a CRAFT STORE?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep, wish I had a craft store someone near me.... yup

omg, thats sleezier than addy.

splizaat

Gino, I didn't come on here looking to scam anyone. What I didn't mention is I spent 40 actual hours coming up and tossing out different designs to get to the ones I posted.

You spent a whole WEEK working on THIS?! I'm not trying to be rude but maybe since it's clear that you have no place being a designer, that you stick to sign brokering...when someone comes to you for logo design, tell them you can't do it - or become a logo broker while you're at it. In 40 hours in my shop I could have made over $5,000 and you're sitting in front of photoshop (probably not even a vector-based program) trying to design some $200 logo for a pool shop. I don't care what the owner of FC Pools thinks, a ladder looks terrible in this logo, and a ladder has no mental connection with a swimming pool. If you were the owner of the pool place would you put your life savings into a pool shop and plan on this logo representing everything you ever worked for?

Edit: effin a. Just followed a link here and realized it's a month old. Now I feel bad. Thanks guys lol

Locals Find!

Glad someone breathed some life back into this. Almost forgot to show you guys what the client ended up with.

Now, the client directed this. I don't want the blame for this. The clients happy, Me not so much.

Just thought you would enjoy!

Attachments

• logo9.jpg
    logo9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 96

Pat Whatley

Hands down the worst logo on this site in years. Completely useless and will hurt his business.....let's totally forget the fact that the picture looks like a guy diving into the beach. Even just using a stock icon and lettering like their website is much, much more effective.
Maybe you could try adding a ladder to this one?!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 97

splizaat

you should have stopped while you were ahead. Is it even vector? Customer's going to have another $400 in vectorizing from you. Go for the upsell!

HulkSmash

Glad someone breathed some life back into this. Almost forgot to show you guys what the client ended up with.

Now, the client directed this. I don't want the blame for this. The clients happy, Me not so much.

Just thought you would enjoy!

I just threw up in my mouth

HulkSmash

You guys do know that pools have sand at the bottom of them, also the bottom of pools wave at a 30 degree angle all through it. Oh, and the water has current too.

Status
Not open for further replies.