• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent Help 2

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just want it known, that I did stop by, look around and figured this is senseless exercise in design & layouts.......... and left.
ef10a1c1ba2a2fd11b8141e0dce3fa79.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yours are different. This OP is either playing stupid or hiding something and attempting to backpedal and did Johnny Best a disservice.

:doh: Yours, well it's obvious you need help, but others can benefit from your stories and mishaps down the road.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I got to thinking... With all the investments and work on AI software, I just wonder if some of these really weird and dumb questions are just gathering data from us fleshies to train the AI software.
Marco (for example) isn't really a sign guy, he was just assigned "sign making" to gather data to feed into the software to "train" it. So he comes to Signs101 to ask dumb questions, to get some answers from the professionals - the helpful contributions will get fed into the machine.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't like the baby blue and I don't like the FAMILY MEDICINE in chrome. Switch the blue to white and the FAMILY MEDICINE to black. IDK, maybe that is too simple but the chrome across is enough flash for me.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got to thinking... With all the investments and work on AI software, I just wonder if some of these really weird and dumb questions are just gathering data from us fleshies to train the AI software.
Marco (for example) isn't really a sign guy, he was just assigned "sign making" to gather data to feed into the software to "train" it. So he comes to Signs101 to ask dumb questions, to get some answers from the professionals - the helpful contributions will get fed into the machine.
I looked at the history of Marco and he's been posting these design help threads for almost a decade. No intelligence in those posts. All the designs he posted look bad...

Boudica

I looked at the history of Marco and he's been posting these design help threads for almost a decade. No intelligence in those posts. All the designs he posted look bad...
Yah, Marco was just an example - I looked too and he does have a long history. I Just used him as an example because this thread is what made me think of it. Easier to post my thoughts here than dredge up
other likely scenarios.

gnubler

Oooh! If that's the case we should have fun with the bots and suggest the butt-ugliest designs and materials.

Marco

Johnny you are who you are a waste of time right about now. A complex personality who can't differ men from women. Your wife has slapped you around so much that you have lost touch with the man you once were.
I don't need your design I need constructive criticism. Cant do that Johnny, than just shut - don't write - you stinky mouth.
I gave you a design for this the last time I was on here, are you going through hormone replacement and your having a day in hell. You having your first menstural cycl

Yours are different. This OP is either playing stupid or hiding something and attempting to backpedal and did Johnny Best a disservice.

:doh: Yours, well it's obvious you need help, but others can benefit from your stories and mishaps down the road.
No Gino, I don't get stuck much. I needed direction, not some insult, senseless condescending mess. Gino, you are a professional, I admired the most of you guys work here. I have been part of this group since 2010 and enjoyed the fun but never never plain insulting mess. Thank you all for being here. God bless you, and good night.

damonCA21

How have you managed to work as a sign maker for over 10 years and not learn anything about layout and design? OK if you want constructive criticism... your designs look like they were done by a 13 year old on publisher 25 years ago. If you really have no talent for design, then employ someone to do your designs for you and you can concentrate on making and installing the signs.

Not everyone has an artistic eye, we all have different skills, so concentrate on what you can do, and stop trying to get members on here to do your design work for you

jochwat

Graphics Department

There have been many recent posts that do indeed reek of bot data-gathering, that's for sure. Those weirdly-worded, out-of-the-blue requests... "How Do You Like Printing Signs?" and the like.

JBurton

Signtologist
Hey, props on making the chrome letters in your render look as crappy as they will on the building. Talk them out of the mirror finish, anything exterior is going to be hard to read like that, and though the client has the money and desire to do something stupid like that, it's your job to steer them away from it.

Marco

Thank you all. Some of you guys know, I do not sell signs or make signs, I do design work, sometimes get stuck with difficult clients like those discussed here. Never g
IMG-20231117-WA0007.jpg
ave up on a project. I showed my client something different and expected the BIG NO, TOO EXPENSIVE, and to my surprise received the opposite. Here's the final for this particular site / projec; well at least for now.

Boudica

Yawn. Where is that photo from the first "completed" location? And what happened to the Logo., this is just text on a building front.

damonCA21

You do design work, yet can't even do the most basic layouts or designs and make them look professional :eek: That pic isnt even a design, it's just the most basic font stuck onto a pic of a building.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Marco, this is real bad. You are doing your customers a giant disservice if you are selling them designs. How are you supposed to fasten the channel letters faces with them smooshed in that opening? Those installers (and birds) are going to love you. These mockups look like you design building elevations. I've seen plenty of architects mockup signs that look horrible or aren't physically possible..this reminds me of that. In all seriousness, I've seen what you posted years ago up to today... The designs look elementary with no improvement over the years. Really man, it's embarrassing to an industry. You need to apprentice with a good sign designer and get some basic skills.