• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

100 banners? Is this real?

signpainter51

Dear Sir/Madam,

Stephan Woodruff is my name and I am with the Ridge Orphanage Homel,I am contacting to Know if you can Print out 100 Quantities of a 3'x8' Feet Banners.Below Are its Description.

Lettering : A New Fruitful Year To Celebrate With This Blessed Children.

Lettering Color : White
Banner : Blue
Fonts : Areal Black/13oz
Ropes : Yes In All Four corners

Kindly go ahead and advice me on the Quote and also Let me know the forms of payment you accept on Orders like this.Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Stephan Woodruff

G6Signs

OMG, I got this same e-mail, but from a different "orphanage". I looked up the orphanage and I really couldnt find a lot, just that they were located over seas. Now why would someone contact us, out of everyone out there. Kind of odd.

signpainter51

I have gotten 2 others.

I got this a few weeks ago with a different name. I quoted. I than got a phone internet call. I was weird because the person was asking me question and would pause. I thought I had a bad connection. She said she was typing what I said to the party.
I than got an e-mail telling me to contact the shipper. They claimed to be in Africa.
I decided to not contact them....

Robert M

Banners=cheese

Ask for 1/2 the money up front and that will be the end of it. Watch out for phony money orders ( got two for 4k last month) and deals where they want their shipping company to pick up the order. And don't forget the "I sent you the check for the wrong amount, can you refund the extra money".

BRUSHMARKS

we always get calls with a middle man saying the customer is dead and they are communicating through a messenger software. it was a relay call service. IDK but we get the same thing about once a month.

petepaz

i respond to them:
$75-85.00 per banner
50% deposit and balance cod cash or bank check no fake credit cards
and they have to send a courier with a bank check for the balance
i tell them we can't handle the shipping for an order that large we only use ups
a few responded with some other funny business but most i never hear from again

weaselboogie

Attachments

• boat-number-419.jpg
    boat-number-419.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 90

SignManiac

What a coincidence, I just shipped off that same order yesterday. The credit card went through so it must be legit.:thumb:

Dave Drane

If it sounds too good to be true then it is. I get several winnings every day in raffles that I never even bought tickets in..........
Griffin,:drpinketgrifinuk20bx@hotmail.com
for a lump sum pay out of 800,000 pounds.Provide him with your:Name:address:phone:REF:UK/0147X4/7

=======================================================

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are please to bring to your notice that your email just
won £500,000 British Pounds in our just concluded 10th
anniversary giveaway lotto.

No purchases of tickets was required.Participants for this
lotto programme were randomly selected from worldwide range
of web searchers who use the Google search engine(Googler)
and other Google ancillary services.

For more info/how to claim your prize,send your winning
Ticket number:00869575733664,CGPN:7-22-71-00-66-12,Serial
numbers:BTD/8070447706/06,Lucky numbers:12-12-23-35-40-41(12)
and personal details to the processing agent(Mr.Francis
Henson)Mr Francis Henson (contact
info)E-mail:francishenson.agent@gmail.com,giveawayteam2008@live.com.
Wish you goodluck as you spend your fortune,Thank you for
using Google.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Based on those e-mails alone.... I have boosted our sales by almost $37,558,435.78 last year alone. That's before shipping and handling because they always take care of it on a separate invoice.

:rolleyes: It might pay off to look into these once in a while my friends.........

nah..... it's a scam :rock-n-roll:

signmancanada

I get these from Reverend so and so and Mr. so and so... They are looking for everything from banners to posters to magnetics to you name it. Delete the minute you get!

going2fast

I got one the other day, and I don't even have a sign website. HTH did they get my addy? I'm calling 100 proof scam right there.

ChicagoGraphics

Thats funny, just yeasterday I won 750 thousand pounds in a London lottery, I never played it before. Alls I had to do is send them my credit card for verifcation (right) I wonder if they think there dealing with some 3rd world country or something. LOL