• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1005 Supercast Easy Apply RS

AUTO-FX

they musta , or you'd know by now. i still wont use avery vinyls,scared to, although i must admit i am using their new paint protection film. Different animal.

DoubleDown

Avery had a lot of bad issues in the past and they know it but the truth is, the new Avery stuff is amazing and works, plain and simple. We've seen more failures with 3M lately than ever before, we think (and others) that they messed around with the adhesive somehow.

speedmedia

hmmm. I have to side with 702 on this one. We use it as well and have had great success with it and zero problems. I believe most of Avery's problems stemmed from cut vinyl not their solvent printable vinyl.

Whats the deal? PM me, might be interested for ourselves...

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

Yeah... I'm a 3M user because I'm stuck in my ways and we have a lot of customers we print for specify it, but I've honestly never first hand seen or heard of a major material failure from their wrap vinyl. Their regular cut vinyl is definitely a different story, but my understanding is their wrap material is quite an excellent product. I can understand not wanting to use Avery because of their poor handling of the failure issues in the past, but I wouldn't hesitate to try or use their wrap films. There are just plain too many major wrap shops that swear by it (702, Gorilla Wraps, Skinz, etc.) for me to think I know something they don't.

jasonx

We use the new super cast. Personally I think the 3M can be pushed abit more without any colour discoloration in the print. This is only slightly and you should never be stretching any films anyways.

We've had Avery 1005 EZ on our vehicle for three years now and the only area where it slightly failed is where I stretch it too far because our printed panels didn't fit the panel of the vehicle so I decided to stretch the material to make it cover. Apart from that its been fine. This was 1005 EZ RS and not the supercast. The supercast we've just used the last few months.

wrapman jamz

I have been in the wrap business since 2003. Installed over 1000 wraps to date. Use 3M and Avery. Love them both. Avery holds up better on hoods than 3M. Ever try to remove a 3 year old 3M hood? Ever see the "burnt" look of the vinyl on hoods? How about the cracking? Pulls off in strips or flakes.

And for all of the installers out there. We applied Avery EZ RS on a Toyota
Tundra in one horizontal panel in 30 minutes. (pull, form & trim) Completed the whole truck in 2 hours. This stuff is FAST!

Avery is a little harder than 3M to pull off after 3 years. (unless its a hood)

Concerning the "super-cast" Its an improvement, but not earth shattering.

We inspected a 5 year old Avery wrap last month. There was a little "hazing" in the overlam, adhesion was as installed, except under the rocker panels (some lifting) Over-all still working for the client.

I have replaced about 50 3M hoods since 2003 (Really looked BAD)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thats great some of you guys are having success with Avery but I use to sell it years ago at Sone Systems and we lost our butts on some major national accounts because of the horrible failures the EZ was having and Avery just screwed over everyone and denied all claims so its possible their product works for people now but when you experience something so horribly wrong and you get worked by such a huge company like Avery its just really hard to say anything nice about it. I will never as long as I live ever refer an account to use Avery Product EVER! But thats just me and to you guys it probably doesnt mean anything but 15 years dealing large format materials Im sticking to my guns and saying your asking for trouble using anything with an Avery name on it.

tomence

To my surprise somebody suggested for me to get Avery 2020 and try to print on it, because i was using Oracal 3651 and prints were not as i expected them to be so i went buy Avery 2020 and man what a difference in the print quality. I really like how the prints look on Avery way better than Oracal that i was using. As far as longevity i have no idea how good it is coz i have made few magnetic signs with it and that was a month or two ago.

AUTO-FX

that's good there, tomence. I would really like to hear from somebody at Avery regarding their whole debacle, and how they intend to handle any possible future issues with their products.

tomence

Probably they will handle it the same way they did before i don't think they improved in that department, but maybe they improve the quality of their vinyl.

that's good there, tomence. I would really like to hear from somebody at Avery regarding their whole debacle, and how they intend to handle any possible future issues with their products.

AUTO-FX

yeah, tomence, you would think that they would be advertising all over the place about how they have eliminated the problems from before and that everything is new and improved and blah blah, but i dont think they really did that. That may be in part due to the downplaying of the problems in the fist place.I dont know- I might give em a shot again on a small scale and see what happens. I've already committed to using another of their product lines full scale.

Pistol72

In my experience, it's always easy to blame the vinyl, but in a lot of instances it comes down to application experience and or lack of!

S'N'S

In my experience, it's always easy to blame the vinyl, but in a lot of instances it comes down to application experience and or lack of!

Pistol we never experienced the problems the Sates had with US made Avery as our Avery vinyl comes from Europe.

I once worked for one of the largest corporations in Australia and was always told not to admit "guilt or fault"...let the lawyers sort it out, I would say that Avery may have used the same idea..........I'm not saying they were right or wrong in doing it, just that's how a lot of big companies work.