• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

12x24 magnetics?

ToddM.

Hey there...Just wondering what you guys are charging for full color 12x24 magnetics? I always like finding out the different prices for different areas...Thanks!

dwt

$69 for cut vinyl + $35 for one time set up,
$99 for print/lam + $55 for one time set up.

Pat Whatley

Basic vinyl with a five minute layout $70 pair but rarely get that anymore. Most other shops in town do full color magnetics for $55 these days. Most magnetic people seem to be going to the $17.99 (or even FREE) magnetics from Vista Print.

Last edited:

ToddM.

I ordered a sample 12x24 with a UV direct print...It looks great...Not sure how long it will hold up...Anyone tried these?

tcorn1965

I ordered a sample 12x24 with a UV direct print...It looks great...Not sure how long it will hold up...Anyone tried these?

We sell thousands of these yearly. If you take them off before you wash your car, and live in an area that doesn't salt the roads, IMO they may last a year give or take. I have had customers that are still using the mags after 3 years and I have had customers that the mags have only lasted 3 months.

Terry

TheSnowman

$85 (same price for the last 10+ years), but the guy up the street lowballs way way way lower than that price, so we don't do a ton of them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're doing lots of U/V magnetics, lately. Just because we bought an expensive machine and can produce these for less cost.... doesn't mean we'll sell them to the public for less. I can, but in most cases... don't.

I just had a lady in here a week or so ago and she asked for a price on a pair of magnetics. I told her and she gasped and looked at me like I was nuts. So, I played along and asked her, what price had she already gotten that mine sounded so high ?? $14.99 each. I laughed and told her she should go out and buy two or three sets... cause they probalby aren't going to last very long. She actually said back.... what do you mean by that ?? They're all made the same. The other guy told me that you all have the exact same equipment. Turns out the guy where she's getting them from has come to me for all kinds of digital printed signs and has inquired about our flatbed services. The guy is a foreigner and tells everyone the same thing.... that all signs are created equal.

Get what you can to stay afloat and don't worry about the cost of butter in England.

Jillbeans

I tell people my price and when they make a choking sound I tell them Kinko's sells them for $39.95/set.
But then I also say that mine look much better.
Love....Jill

signgal

$120 with layout, $99 is the special I usually run or the cost for a very simple layout. Haven't even had many inquiries lately.

Raulrdz

Can't get more then $50.00 around here, we just had about five more sign companies open up in the past few months, one guy drives around in a red two seater sports car, sporting lots of gold jewelry and sells 4x8 full color banners for $85. Can't even wholesale at that price, can't imagine how he pays for the storefront and other overhead charges.

signrios

Can't get more then $50.00 around here, we just had about five more sign companies open up in the past few months, one guy drives around in a red two seater sports car, sporting lots of gold jewelry and sells 4x8 full color banners for $85. Can't even wholesale at that price, can't imagine how he pays for the storefront and other overhead charges.

we are on the same area and price, i can hardly get $50 or 70 full color
some are charging $40
you are right a lot of sign places have sprung up around this area some
are store fronts others home based.
i'm home based and just yesterday lost a bid on perforated window to a store front
i'm charging $8 sq. ft he's charging $5??? installed!!

royster13

I often wonder if folks have far more overhead than their sales can support......Do you have lots of space and equipment that does not work 24/7?.....If you do, it is increasingly hard to compete with "niche" suppliers and/or low overhead operations that do not try to be everything to everyone...And "niche" suppliers often buy materials in such large quantities they can sometimes sell finished product at the same cost as small folks buy materials....