• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

14' box truck, cut vinyl pricing?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow! Some responders didn't read the first post very carefully. It's cut vinyl. (one guy even had him laminating it) He doesn't give even a hint of how much coverage he's talking about. It could be 2' x 4' for all we know. Damn good money for that coverage.

Did you ever see anything as dumb as what your describing ??
That would look like a pimple on an elephant's ass. :rolleyes:

Wow! Some responders didn't read the first post very carefully. It's cut vinyl. (one guy even had him laminating it) He doesn't give even a hint of how much coverage he's talking about. It could be 2' x 4' for all we know. Damn good money for that coverage.
That's why about 10 posters have asked him to attach his layout. Or at least give how many square feet of vinyl he is using. That's the only way we will know.

SameDay Signs

If you are using High Performance Vinyl you have to be at atleast $1500. I get around that if not more on simple jobs like this and I'm the cheapest around where Im located, but seriously at $950? thats a joke

signmeup

Did you ever see anything as dumb as what your describing ??
That would look like a pimple on an elephant's ass. :rolleyes:
Yep. Did one for a plumber 2 weeks ago. His wife thought it looked "too gaudy" at the proper size. Actually I was being a bit facecious.... the one I did was actually 6'x3'. I thought it looked stupid but hey, I got paid.

So I did 18 sq feet per side, 2 colours and a smaller one on the back door about 4'x2'. What would you charge for that?

CentralSigns

I thought he was doing a wrap. He only gave the size of the box something you would give wrapping. That's why the reference to the laminate. Print, lam and wrap. Quote "I got a 14 ft truck box" da, where's the size of the work. You go with what you have and that's a 14 ft box fully covered. So stop being a jerk signmeup, was it enough info for you to determine what the square footage of some kind of vinyl layout is.

petepaz

i have a few of those i do and use oracal 651 no problems with the few rivets i hit
good for as long as the customers lease on the truck takes me by my self about 4 hours
maybe about 70% coverage and we get around $950

iSign

I thought he was doing a wrap. He only gave the size of the box something you would give wrapping. That's why the reference to the laminate. Print, lam and wrap.

well, with all due respect, the title of this thread is "cut vinyl" and his opening post says layered cut vinyl & names three colors...

but that's ok... I skim too:Big Laugh

besides, the guy is seriously wasting everyone's time by not getting offhisass and giving us the damn layout... so, even if we know it's cut vinyl, we still don't know jack!!

signmeup

I thought he was doing a wrap. He only gave the size of the box something you would give wrapping. That's why the reference to the laminate. Print, lam and wrap. Quote "I got a 14 ft truck box" da, where's the size of the work. You go with what you have and that's a 14 ft box fully covered. So stop being a jerk signmeup, was it enough info for you to determine what the square footage of some kind of vinyl layout is.
So... what was the title of this thread again..... Oh yes: 14' box truck, cut vinyl pricing? And what was it you called the original poster? Oh right.... a fool. And I'm the jerk? Riiiiiiiight.

J

john1

Thanks guys, I contacted the customer today and said i will bid it once i see the actual truck. But all in all im thinking the graphic will be 8x4' on the side roughly, the back i was guesstimating as i don't have the measurements

OldPaint

CENTRAL SIGNS: did you read the 1st line???
"Hey guys, Any ideas on a ballpark to lettering a 14' white box truck with cut vinyl layered."

we just lost a bid on a 14ft box truck today, we came in at just under 1800 bucks and another sign shop quoted them 1100 bucks. customer asked if we could beat that price and i said no chance!! you want the right materials and the job done correct, thats our price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some insistent people on here and many are quite antsy lately. I wouldn't worry about what many here say.

Once you gave the 4' x 8' size plus the back, most people can ballpark it from there. I'd say your $950 is still low. We'd get around $1,500 to $1,800 for that. A van would probably be around $650 to $900 for your three color..... and application.

Many time the same amount of work and labor go into a van as much as a small cube van.... the difference is a little more vinyl and a little more climbing around time. However, if you're any good at your salesman end of the business.... you can talk a customer into the value for their money and get more for a truck much bigger like this one. I'd offer him a little discount since he just had you do some other work.... make him feel special.

dj_elite

Im assuming the 8 hours is install time. What about layout and design time, customer revisions, vinyl cut time, application tape time? Dont cut yourself short. Time IS money! I did a similar truck for a good friend of mine. Gave him design and layout time for free and still charged $1200. I assume you give a warranty for your work also. God for sake something happens to the vinyl down the road and you need to fix it and that takes a few hours to fix, there goes your profit. Or your 8 estimated hours of install turn into 12 due to unforseen problems. You need to profit, your company needs to profit, and margin for error. Just saying...