• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$15 bucks.......................... wha....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locals Find!

I just have one last thing to add to this conversation and I won't respond again.

Some of the arguments being made as to why a person shouldn't receive a living wage are some of the same arguments used to justify slavery.

Also, the comments about companies making products in America won't sell is simply Hogwash. Do your really think that if things were made in the USA again and people had jobs they wouldn't spend their hard earned money to support the companies that supplied those jobs?

The myth that people don't deserve to be able to feed themselves or their families and they just want more money to buy a bunch of junk is just that myth. Not one person who spouted that crap has tried to raise a family in a large urban setting making minimum wage. This goes beyond just fast food companies many companies strive to pay minimum wage in this economy because, they can. They prey on the fact that people with degrees and education are unemployed and need work.

They have no incentive to pay a fair wage unless they are forced. One would hope that a moral obligation to help one's fellow man would exist but it doesn't the "I got mine go screw yourself" mentality wins out this day in age. No one cares about their neighbor any more. So, the Government is forced to take on that role by dictating a minimum wage both Federal, State and Local.

Sadly, this leads to higher crime rates, and many of the other attitudes you all complain about. This is just one piece of a very large problem facing society today.

Wheeler

Nafta

National American free trade agreement= jobs going overseas.. Ross Perot talked about it when he was running for president.. He said if it passed you would hear a "Sucking Sound going South". I have seen 1500 to 2000 American jobs go to Mexico in the last year from Wichita falls Texas ,a lot more are going. Examples: Levi Straus, CertainTeed. I work for another large corporation that has shut down union based plants and have rebuilt in Mexico. The plant I work for is moving machines to México right now and eliminating jobs. Why pay American workers $20.00 an hour when they can pay $10.00 a day for labor and not have to pay insurance, 401k and other benefits. Government needs to step up and tax the hell out of imports to bring jobs back to the good old USA. That won't happen though because the corporations have the government in there pockets.

player

Masters Degree in Business Administration. MBA from Harvard, Yale etc... These are the guys that put the sociopath in corporations, and become CEO's making billions moving operations to places comparable to slavery. Every year they keep grinding down more and more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.