• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

18" by 9" Car Door Magnets

SignManiac

You can be the greatest sign shop in the world but where I come from you can make your pricing competitive or you can be out of business. My competition charges what they charge and you either compete or get beat. I used to charge $60 a set for about 4-5 years and barely did any, switched my prices to be closer to competition (still not as low) and I boosted sales my a tremendous amount. Enough that we kept them. All I'm saying is you can be a great sign shop and be doing well but in NW Ohio where I'm from we can't touch the prices as mentioned above

Twenty two years ago I moved to Florida from New York and was told by every sign shop in Florida that it was impossible to get my N.Y. prices in Florida, and that everyone down here was cheap. Well I'm still here and I'm a hell of a lot more expensive than the competition. You get what you ask for or you take what you're willing to take. But you keep doing what you do. Glad it's working for you.

fresh

i charge at least $130 for a set of full color 12x24" magnets. I've found that we need to use cast vinyl /laminate on the magnets to limit the amount of curl / magnet failure. We don't run cast vinyl all the time, so its a bit of a pain to swap everything for such a small run.

One color cut vinyl magnets are usually about $110 a set.

This is using the good magnetic material from Magnum, we never use the cheap stuff.

OldPaint

"My competition charges what they charge and you either compete or get beat. "
that is........IF YOU ALLOW IT))))))) and then this tells me me your on the "business end" rather then artistic end........since you cant produce $100-135.00 magnetics....YOU CANT CREATE higher dollar artwork to UPSELL..............then you are no better then your so called competition)))))))))))))))))))))))

reQ

Well, all is true. There always be people who look for cheapest price possible & people who understand that they get what they pay for.

Sign Works

I get a chuckle from the VistaPrint 9" x 12" mags. Can't read anything from more than 6 feet away and they fade out badly in a short period of time but hey their only $10.19 each, now that's a serious business advertising investment.

JustinKaise

sadly they will google that item and find them for $9.95 each :( at Vistaprint

If word gets out, you should become extremely busy in the near future.

Start figuring out now, what your next item to butcher will be.

Less then $50 to advertise a vehicle ?? Really ??
Glad ya don't live near me............. :banghead:

sadly they will google that item and find them for $9.95 each :( at Vistaprint

Christian @ 2CT Media

Don't compete with vistaprint... might as well chew your foot off.

That being said, We sell (3) 12" x 24" Mags for $50, that is exactly 4x our material and labor costs, does not include design or layout.

sardocs

2ct - After you do add in the design time and the layout charge what is your average selling price?

Tony McD

I'm at $80 for a pair of 12 x 24 one color cut vinyl magnets.
Price goes up accordingly with added color(s)

Full color is $150 a set with a little design time and $125 for repeats.

Have had a few customers try the ones from Vista...they soon find that they paid about what they're worth.

reQ

So, your cost is $3.33 per magnet? I am sorry, but i will be first one to call bs on that one.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So, your cost is $3.33 per magnet? I am sorry, but i will be first one to call bs on that one.

Yup hard cost.
$0.90/sq for magnum 30mil
$0.60/sq for cast film and lam
$0.20/sq for ink
$1.70/sq total, $3.40/for 2 sqft of magnet w/ vinyl and ink.
$17.00/per mag at 5x markup
$51 for 3 mags, round down to $50 for ease.